Releases under the Fog of War

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Actually they are. We got that message page Patch was talking about earlier today a few times. This happened during the period prior to the region release today and its the first time we ever saw this message before on that page. Now, its no longer coming up, due to lower traffic monitoring that page. (I could be wrong here, too! just saying.)

Buggy.thumb.png.cbd45769dd2617fde4a4fe62597bb19c.png

I don't use auto-refresh and never have, but I was basing my interpretation on Patch's exact words. I wonder if what you are seeing is just the beginning, like a trial run or test, before it goes fully into effect?

• Like 2

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't use auto-refresh and never have, but I was basing my interpretation on Patch's exact words. I wonder if what you are seeing is just the beginning, like a trial run or test, before it goes fully into effect?

It might be Sylvia. And you might be correct to your prior post. I have not seen that message before today. It could be Linden Labs normal error message and perhaps I received it today due to a higher strain on the server than normal. Patch did state in group chat today that the servers were going crazy and heating up. It sounded in jest but I think he was serious, that the high traffic was overloading and some were seeing laggy delays as pages worked to refresh and some of us saw the above message.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

It does seems to me that backing up/delay is actually on the office Lindens and not on the Mole team. There is quite a few regions that do seem ready to go, and you barely see one office Linden popping up from time to time to get the next steps done. A lot of resources being put on the moles but the whole work line doesnt seems well ballance to match the speed the Moles are doing on the regions.

The Lindens do have the ability to hide their presence from the rest of us, so you can't really know how many are there. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's a fact, Jack. Whether or not you believe it!

I'm sure LL has capabilities we can only dream of. I know of Fly Cams and if they use something akin to this, then they would not actually have to be physically in world in an avatar but still able to monitor an area or possibly work on it.  Such Secrets!

1080266145_images(1).jpg.ca0d37c79ac5dc1e90d8347ce67d1025.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, PrudenceAnton said:

I'm sure LL has capabilities we can only dream of. I know of Fly Cams and if they use something akin to this, then they would not actually have to be physically in world in an avatar but still able to monitor an area or possibly work on it.  Such Secrets!

They are like Santa Claus, really! "He sees you when you're sleeping..."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Seba Serpente said:

Independently if people can or cannot see the office Lindens arround, we can all see the regions awaiting for them.

There is no point on having the moles slapping regions quickly if the regions are not being set-up quickly.

Let's hurry that up, people.

*shakes my head and moves along....*

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

You can use flycam, just hook up a joystick controller.

1 hour ago, Seba Serpente said:

Lets not forget that some are being paid and some are the one paying. Naturally one will suffer more than the other.

Perhaps imagining they are actually suffering would be more accurate.  Over a beautiful pixel house, which is not a real NEED, simply a very loud demanding, ranting, raving, WANT ... RIGHT NOW!!! 🥵

tenor.giftantrum crying GIFmini golf toddler GIFangry the lord of the rings GIFheben nigatu do not want GIF

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

It does seems to me that backing up/delay is actually on the office Lindens and not on the Mole team. There is quite a few regions that do seem ready to go, and you barely see one office Linden popping up from time to time to get the next steps done. A lot of resources being put on the moles but the whole work line doesnt seems well ballance to match the speed the Moles are doing on the regions.

41 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Independently if people can or cannot see the office Lindens arround, we can all see the regions awaiting for them.

There is no point on having the moles slapping regions quickly if the regions are not being set-up quickly.

Let's hurry that up, people.

We have absolutely no idea how much work is required behind the scenes after the Moles are done with a region before it is ready to be released -- things that don't require anyone to be inworld to do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, CynicismSells said:

And it'll be more interesting to see what happens should they need to add an additional continent. Will it be east belli vs. west belli?? Will newer communities created thrive over the ones who got their house early? Such a cool experiment... 

Lol are you from germany or know germans? Just had to chuckle on this ...

I think it's possible that the Lindens have already done the "Fog of War" thang, without announcing it.  There was a region release yesterday, Tuesday.  The release today was around 1:30, wasn't it?  Unusual time.  I've seen a few houses as I've been typing this ... perhaps another region?  All that remains is for Patch to confirm that they are simply releasing regions as they become ready; but in true "fog" fashion, that confirmation may never be explicitly stated.  Which is fine by me.

I'm actually shocked by the degree of acrimony that you describe, Prudence.  I spent a little time inworld today, but missed that - it's very saddening.

Let me take a moment to put on a tin hat.

One thing causing a lot of rage is the perception of unfairness.  

Well-intentioned people are feeding that perception by explaining over and over how they've obtained several Belli parcels over time, sometimes more than one per day.  They mention giving up this or that home because they're looking for one on a bluff by the sea or something.  So the have-nots rush off to autorefresh and voila, still get nothing.  Maybe their PC is slow, or they're trying on a phone via wireless, or they're just unlucky, who knows. I got a houseboat through sheer good luck, precisely one.  If folks thought that they were playing on a level field, there would not be so much rage.  But every time some well-intentioned person says inworld that 'you'll get your home, just keep trying', the rage builds, because for some unluckier folks, evidence would seem to indicate that that's not true.  Belli will be a limited resource, even when the continent is finished, anyone can see that.  Some typists have much more luck, or perhaps better rigs, than others, anyone can see that. 

LL could create a fairer mechanism, but they've shown no interest in that until today; at least if they make the land UI simpler, maybe it won't be so likely that those with a faster browser or network (or whatever) always 'win'.

I think everyone could deal with the scarcity if they really believed that those few homes were being fairly allocated.

And yes, Bjoyful, it's a lot of angst over something unimportant. That's the way that people are, particularly people who are under stress in RL, coming to SL for escape.  Hard for me to believe that it's helpful to portray already angst-ridden people as angry babies, but perhaps helpfulness is not your aim. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Now? Yeah, that's mostly gone. Rarely are they spotted here on the forums anymore and it's usually when one of them has had enough of the abuse and defended themselves, and then they're gone again. We don't see them just hanging around Bellisseria. Patch got fed up enough today to leave one of the community groups today. He'd already left the other group's Discord. 

They're retreating again, and is it any wonder?

I had noticed that there seemed to be less interactions here in the forums and I was bummed by that.  I am pretty much never inworld during the work day and thus have never seen any of the nastiness that has happened in the group chats - only heard bits and pieces about things afterwards.  Hearing that it got so bad today that Patch left a group probably saddened me more than I've been in SL in a long, long, time.

:( :( :( :( :(

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had noticed that there seemed to be less interactions here in the forums and I was bummed by that.  I am pretty much never inworld during the work day and thus have never seen any of the nastiness that has happened in the group chats - only heard bits and pieces about things afterwards.  Hearing that it got so bad today that Patch left a group probably saddened me more than I've been in SL in a long, long, time.

:( :( :( :( :(

If it's any consolation, the group in question is doing their level best to prevent what happened today from ever happening again and is trying very hard to figure out how to woo Patch back. The biggest thing to come out of it is there is finally, finally, some backlash against the constant onslaught of negativity and vitriol. 

I believe Patch is going to be overwhelmed with love tomorrow, as he should be. ❤️

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

And yes, Bjoyful, it's a lot of angst over something unimportant. That's the way that people are, particularly people who are under stress in RL, coming to SL for escape.  Hard for me to believe that it's helpful to portray already angst-ridden people as angry babies, but perhaps helpfulness is not your aim. 

I too have my angst-ridden moments and today I did.  I was insulted, yelled at, sworn at and threatened by a large number of angry screaming babies who definitely need to seek some anger management and I was rather shocked that these 3 year olds are using expensive computers without adult supervision!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seba Serpente said:

A lot of resources being put on the moles but the whole work line doesnt seems well ballance to match the speed the Moles are doing on the regions.

We can't know which has to happen behind the scenery to release a region to the residents .. there might be a lot more involved to a new release than the moles do for making it pretty, thanks to their great work at this point again :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.