When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

That sounds like a reason to not live near any rezz zones to me, or at least not near any people who use them that way.  

I agree with that, also luckily we have other options such as putting a platform in the sky, it is a close and perfect place to review the inventory content. Premium members also have the option to use sandboxes created for premium members that can be used. please do not use rezz zones for other purposes.

5 hours ago, Sapphiro Bayn said:

The only thing I agree with is the convenience of not having to go far to rezz a car or whatever you want to use as transportation. but a rezz zone is not a sandbox and much less is anyone's personal, since it is a common area that should be used only for what it was created.

It's a place where build rights are set to everyone.  Ergo, anyone can build anything, as permission to do so has been given, with the only limitations being land rating and TOS regulations vis-a-vis prohibited activities such as sexual stuff involving young avatars.  They use Object Return to clean up after those who don't remove their rezzes.

So yeah, I too have rezzed stuff in my sleepy little mega-region that no one else seems to log in to (at least when I'm on).  No one around, not just in the region, but for a whole kilometer.  I've tested out that twisty torus bitmap mesh whatever thingy that turns a one prim object into a ten thousand prim object there;  You certainly don't want to do that at a traditional sandbox, maxing out the prims for the parcel and screwing over the other builders there, especially since the torus may bump out already rezzed objects to make enough prims available.  It's also a fun place to set off my nuclear bombs without disturbing the neighbors, hee hee!

It's the same deal as when folks leave build rights on for everyone on their parcels (on the Mainland, as the LH Covenant clearly states not to use your parcel as a sandbox):  Whether intentional or not, you're inviting folks to use your land as a sandbox, unless you've put up signs or used the parcel description to advise folks of the specific builds allowed -- like when I tried to offer something like Memorial Park, and someone kept rezzing a beach home there, complete with sex beds on General land.

Same deal with not using orbs or ban lines to prevent folks from daring to step on your pixel lawn and saying offensive stuff like, "hi, I'm your new neighbor!"  And yes, I've had people throw hissy fits over that, even if I say, "but I brought cake."

So please.  Stop trying to legislate and enforce rules that simply aren't there.  Thank you.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

It helps to include the SLURL so people can see exactly where it is on the map or have a look in person.  

It's also helpful if the slurl is slightly outside the parcel borders, in case when folks tp there and the place had already been snagged.  You don't wanna wind up under a stairwell, or in the middle of a threesome.  Well, I dunno, maybe you DO *giggle*  Just as long as it's not a threesome under the stairs.  That's way too kinky for Second Life.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

It's a place where build rights are set to everyone.  Ergo, anyone can build anything, as permission to do so has been given, with the only limitations being land rating and TOS regulations vis-a-vis prohibited activities such as sexual stuff involving young avatars.  They use Object Return to clean up after those who don't remove their rezzes.

So yeah, I too have rezzed stuff in my sleepy little mega-region that no one else seems to log in to (at least when I'm on).  No one around, not just in the region, but for a whole kilometer.  I've tested out that twisty torus bitmap mesh whatever thingy that turns a one prim object into a ten thousand prim object there;  You certainly don't want to do that at a traditional sandbox, maxing out the prims for the parcel and screwing over the other builders there, especially since the torus may bump out already rezzed objects to make enough prims available.  It's also a fun place to set off my nuclear bombs without disturbing the neighbors, hee hee!

It's the same deal as when folks leave build rights on for everyone on their parcels (on the Mainland, as the LH Covenant clearly states not to use your parcel as a sandbox):  Whether intentional or not, you're inviting folks to use your land as a sandbox, unless you've put up signs or used the parcel description to advise folks of the specific builds allowed -- like when I tried to offer something like Memorial Park, and someone kept rezzing a beach home there, complete with sex beds on General land.

Same deal with not using orbs or ban lines to prevent folks from daring to step on your pixel lawn and saying offensive stuff like, "hi, I'm your new neighbor!"  And yes, I've had people throw hissy fits over that, even if I say, "but I brought cake."

So please.  Stop trying to legislate and enforce rules that simply aren't there.  Thank you.

I did not get the impression that anyone is attempting to legislate or enforce anything.  I do see differing opinions being expressed, which should be okay as long as it remains civil. 

You lean toward an "it's not forbidden so it must be okay" perspective.  Some of us prefer a "just because you technically can, doesn't mean you should" point of view. 

It is obvious to me that the rezz zones in Bellisseria were created specifically to allow for the rezzing of vehicles, and the graphics on the roads, water, and signs make this abundantly clear.  I would even go so far to surmise that if it were possible to script the rezz rights to only allow for vehicles, that they would have been configured that way, but we all know that it's not possible. 

That said, if no one is around to see other items being rezzed, then it as if it never happened.  I may feel a little more strongly about it if I'm exploring on my scooter and encounter a full kitchen in the middle of the road, but so far I have managed to avoid that scenario.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I do not intend to legislate anything nor do I force any rules, the rezz areas of bellisseria are clear and are even marked with symbols, such as cars or boats, I do not mean to say that you cannot rezz a bike for example, but it is not a sandbox or tell me where says it can be used as such?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

That said, if no one is around to see other items being rezzed, then it as if it never happened.  I may feel a little more strongly about it if I'm exploring on my scooter and encounter a full kitchen in the middle of the road, but so far I have managed to avoid that scenario.  

Yep, we're on the same page.  And if I see you on the road, I'm either gonna click on your vehicle and hitch a ride, or set up a roadblock at a rez zone and charge you a toll, hee hee!

Actually, the Mainland is much worse for stuff like that.  There's some guy in a giant truck who likes to run people off the road.  I hope yo don't encounter him.  Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sapphiro Bayn said:

I do not intend to legislate anything nor do I force any rules, the rezz areas of bellisseria are clear and are even marked with symbols, such as cars or boats, I do not mean to say that you cannot rezz a bike for example, but it is not a sandbox or tell me where says it can be used as such?

It doesn't say that it can't.  And the tone of your posts come across as dictating to the rest of us what we can do.

If the box on About Land > Options > Build is set to Everyone, then yes, you can build anything, especially if the parcel description lacks any information about what builds are allowed and what builds are not -- like my example of the person building a personal sex shack in the middle of my graveyard/memorial park.  On General land.  Or the folks who've built houses in a public gallery intended for displaying other folks' art.  But without parcel descriptions and signs, I wouldn't be able to complain.  Build was set to Everyone, so of course people are gonna build.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

It doesn't say that it can't.  And the tone of your posts come across as dictating to the rest of us what we can do.

If the box on About Land > Options > Build is set to Everyone, then yes, you can build anything, especially if the parcel description lacks any information about what builds are allowed and what builds are not -- like my example of the person building a personal sex shack in the middle of my graveyard/memorial park.  On General land.  Or the folks who've built houses in a public gallery intended for displaying other folks' art.  But without parcel descriptions and signs, I wouldn't be able to complain.  Build was set to Everyone, so of course people are gonna build.

the tone of my posts ?? ... really ?, I will not continue with this.

Soooo, back to the abandoning of houses so others can have them...  I've had this spot for a while.  Decent Privacy, surrounded by water, a rez zone right out front on the sandy road. Sand Sand Sand.  I don't really like it and I caught a camper inland that is surrounded by green and water.  However, I figure other people might actually like sand, so I'll clean up after myself and let it go about 4:30pm.  Feel free to check it out while Zerrine cleans up her stuff.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Soggy Shore/132/220/0

Snapshot1_0011_001.thumb.png.88483e641b3102ee83421b68cae6eeb8.png

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

So.  let's get back on topic, shall we?

What sort of homes are there?

Oh please...oh please...

fl-reg-hurricane-irma-stilt-homes-201709

I am so sorry-- I got excited there was a release.. I was going to come back to add the house theme that was released...... but got distracted in chat with my g/f who wanted to show me her new house that she landed. I can't wait for the Stilts!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

I am so sorry-- I got excited there was a release.. I was going to come back to add the house theme that was released...… but got distracted in chat with my g/f who wanted to show me her new house that she landed.  The release was a mix of cabins and vics. 

Edited by Missbehavin Neva
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sapphiro Bayn said:

the tone of my posts ?? ... really ?, I will not continue with this.

Well...yes.  You're new here, so we have very little to go on, given a lack of a post history.  Which we'll never have, if you cease posting.  I was merely offering some advice on why your post came off that way.  You really shouldn't let something like that drive you away.  Everyone's opinion is valid here.  I mean, it's called The Forum, yes?  I dunno, maybe it's the font choice that's a bit off-putting.  I'm sure if we were in a coffee shop sipping cups of java we'd all be smiling -- something that's lost in electronic text-only communication.

Oh.  Great.  Now some dude just walked into my imaginary coffee shop without a mask.  PUT A MASK ON!!! 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

I am so sorry-- I got excited there was a release.. I was going to come back to add the house theme that was released...... but got distracted in chat with my g/f who wanted to show me her new house that she landed. I can't wait for the Stilts!!!

No prob.  I figured it can't be stilts yet, because if there were, people would be breaking the internet and dancing in the streets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.