Linden have decided to continue the quarterly for now

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Grumpity Linden has just said before the lock: "We've decided we are able to continue offering Quarterly premium payment options to new signups for several more months, until we are ready to unveil the new SuperDuperPremium plan."

\o/ and hugs :)

• Like 4

i have no idea what will be in the SuperDuperPremium. I am just getting in my yay! on the quarterly plan

altho Grumpity Linden did mention way back about a pony. I would like that :D

altho altho more, was some chat later with quite a few people saying they would like a unicorn.Me too! So that be a pony and unicorn please LL :)   

annnd a last name. Preferably I would like to be able to split my current first name in two. Not sure how that might be done systems-wise, but I would still like to be able to do this

Edited by Mollymews
be

Just now, Pamela Galli said:

This pattern seems familiar: create some unpopular policy, people rise up in protest, back off from policy, leader hailed as benevolent, declared victorious.

yes can be some truth to this

for my own self I will take a reversion to what I think is a regression every time. And when those reversions do come then I will celebrate them. Not only for the person who changed their mind, but also for the people who would have been disadvantaged had the regression not been reverted. And I am happy for them

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Is this the bait or the switch?

depends on how cynical we might see the reversion I suppose

it can be seen as both as well. Bait to get more paid premiums, then hope to switch them up to super duper. Not that I see this as necessarily a bad thing, as in the meantime people who may have not been able to afford a annual premium lump sum, can get some small relief over paying monthly

Edited by Mollymews
able

3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

depends on how cynical we might see the reversion I suppose

it can be seen as both as well. Bait to get more paid premiums, then hope to switch them up to super duper. Not that I see this as necessarily a bad thing, as in the meantime people who may have not been able to afford a annual premium lump sum, can get some small relief over paying monthly

I'm just waiting for them to drop the bombshell. There's always one.

• Like 1

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

I'm just waiting for them to drop the bombshell. There's always one.

the bomb was going to be a Super bomb. Seems is now going to be a SuperDuper one. KA-KA-KA-BOOM! instead of just KA-BOOM :)

• Like 1

If it looks anything like $150 per year for 2048 land and $600 L$ a week (In others words, the exact previous premium only twice as fat )

Anyone who punted two $72 annuals long will be spitting feathers. 

Especially if it comes with ability to write grid wide experiences and additional attachments slots, etc.

28 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

the bomb was going to be a Super bomb. Seems is now going to be a SuperDuper one. KA-KA-KA-BOOM! instead of just KA-BOOM :)

Who said bomb? I said bombshell. You may have never heard the expression "drop a bombshell" so here ya go;

drop a bombshell. Make an unexpected or shattering announcement. For example, Bill dropped a bombshell when he said he was quitting. This expression, which alludes to the destruction caused by a falling bomb, dates from World War I.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/drop+a+bombshell

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

If it looks anything like $150 per year for 2048 land and $600 L$ a week (In others words, the exact previous premium only twice as fat )

Especially if it comes with ability to write grid wide experiences and additional attachments slots, etc.

yes this my quandary.  i will be prepaying my Molly this week.  I am thinking about upgrading my alternative account on about the 20th but all I will get for it really is another 1024m land, something I would like but is not a must must have for me

i still have a few days to think more about it, but I also I think maybe to hold that off until the new Premiums come. Other than last name, what I  reallyreally want is a grid-scope experience key and I think that I won't need two of them if that does come in some other Premium package   

• Like 1

SUPER DUPER   PREMIUM  774741956e1f0549838236d994bbb072--work-quotes-a-quotes.jpg.91aa873efe85d8e087b76add5252613c.jpg ,,,,,, AHHHHHLOLOL 

ANOTHER PIECE OF CHEESE  FOR US LITTLE OLE LINDEN LAB RATS  TO SEE IF WE BITE ,,,,,,, 

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

This is why I renewed myself early - though it was only a week early, unfortunately for me - but I opted not to do the early renewal for my current land alt.  Current land alt renews mid-July, but I'm letting her drop back to Basic.  The other Premium that I was going to let go back to Basic doesn't renew till late this year.  She'll be the land alt between mid-July and whenever we find out what is coming. I opted not to renew her and just take the chance that SuperDuperPremium might eliminate the need for her to be Premium also.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.