-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Tell me if you can inspect linked items. Or is it just me who can't. He has linked so much, and only the last object show creator name. I was looking at a ting linked, and could not find out who made it. Because it is not *only*  Fancy Decor furniture.

If you are using Firestorm, and possibly other viewers, you can inspect a linked set by right clicking -> more -> inspect and you will get this pop-up listing all objects in the link set as well as the creator with a nice handy button to access the creator's profile.

907543333_howtoinspect.thumb.jpg.096cb1bdc3cd60dcadc7cec1965cf524.jpg

Or you can right click any group and then check the box "edit linked" and then click on any item in the linked set to see the info on that item. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Well there was pretty much of a traffic jam when I went over to the "Open House" just now.  I just cammed as those rooms are REALLY small  --- oh so small.  There were of course folks INSIDE the house also.  

Definitely not "my" style and I knew it wouldn't be but nicely put together.

Even those of us that make mesh have other "favorite" creators, items that we admire and are extremely well-made and clever (and hopefully optimized as game assets).  I typically use {what next} and Trompe Loeil products in my personal spaces --- along with my stuff too of course. Presumably I LIKE what I make and hence USE what I make LOL.

image.thumb.png.838c5670a4f2bac2f8b814e6665d87b2.png

One of the not so secret secrets to styling is flow and continuity. Keeping "brand" selections smaller helps with that.  I have a few things on my plot now that are more of less "placeholders" for similar things I will make over time -- not to sell necessarily as they aren't niche enough to be great sellers but simply so that the flow will be better. Some design styles simply go together better than others. 

I had to smile the other night as I was chatting with Winter ({what next}) and she asked if the little library was mine. I said it was and sent her a copy.  We DO SHARE now and then. It isn't all about making money. Actually everything that I have made so far lately has been for ME, and not as a product. For the last couple of years  I was wrapped up in the event world. Then, PRODUCTS became a mandatory part of life. 

I have left that now and I am happy that I have. 

While we are talking about open houses, I have a shot of a cute place that I took on my cross country bike ride the other day. I lost it when editing and didn't use it.  Find it somewhere in Yuge (at least I named the shot with the sim :D) ,

yuge.thumb.jpg.41ab9f564292668f8c76a578cc3e11bb.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 10

Debi's home is open to anyone wishing to visit. I use a pretty eclectic mix of furnishing from a wide range of creators. It should be easy to inspect and find the name of the creators I've used. I have no idea how long her home will remain as it is now. I do love it though so doubt I will be changing it very soon, but I'm fickle to say the least! Here's a taxi for anyone interested in visiting. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Washburn/22/73/34

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Wait .. no it hasn't .. has it? . There's not even so much as a single post containing the words 'advertising', 'advert', 'adverts', 'selling, 'sales' , 'spam' in that entire thread, so unless we're using code words I'm drawing a complete blank. Maybe I missed something, care to link?

Actually, I think I am the one that made the first comments about advertising in response to a post that I saw as very much an ad, and a few that were pretty close to flat out ads, rather than just showing off home decoration. 

I didn't really even have a problem with people creating some home mods and adding a single comment about putting such mods up for sale. That single comment was enough to let folks know that the person had a store and items would be for sale.  Multiple comments and pictures of the same thing from various angles and showing or talking about different color/pattern options was, IMO, taking things further than should be here in the forums.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, I think I am the one that made the first comments about advertising in response to a post that I saw as very much an ad, and a few that were pretty close to flat out ads, rather than just showing off home decoration. 

I didn't really even have a problem with people creating some home mods and adding a single comment about putting such mods up for sale. That single comment was enough to let folks know that the person had a store and items would be for sale.  Multiple comments and pictures of the same thing from various angles and showing or talking about different color/pattern options was, IMO, taking things further than should be here in the forums.  

Looked at your comment on the "comes in many colors" photos LOL.    Sigh. Had to smile too. 

Honestly if your stuff is "good" people will find it anyway. And if not, all the "advertising" isn't going to do any good. I think we should just enjoy ourselves and make our homes ---- well, our homes. 

If someone LOVES "the product" in a photo they will ask the poster who made it. I certainly have done that and others have too.  

I have been on a few other platforms with advertising threads in their forums. While I posted now and then, I never saw that it was a very fruitful endeavor. 

Just sayin'

• Like 6

I changes my small pond to a bigger one with animated swimming goldfish (or Koi?)

and a statue that was 13 LI - I think - and I resized it hard to 2 LI. I think it's cuter now. The whole pond is big, compare it to my avatar.

pond_002ed.jpg

pond_003ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Uploaded 1 wrong image
  • Like 10

The first garden layout I tried, had a big kitchen garden and 4 apple trees. It had ro go rather quick, but now I got this mini - garden. 9 LI.

I turned the greenhouse, so it faces the garden, and moved the shed here. I also changed the stepping stones to a lower LI alternative. Saved 7 LI on it.

pond_005ed.jpg

• Like 13