Premium membership

Angellese

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone advice me please--I've been told that if you upgrade membership and for some reason wish to go back to a guest account, that your avatar is blocked from SL for a period of time. is that true? I'd like to upgrade but no one knows what tomorrow brings and would like the flexibility to go back to being a guest if need be, without losing my ability to log in

19 minutes ago, Angellese said:

Can anyone advice me please--I've been told that if you upgrade membership and for some reason wish to go back to a guest account, that your avatar is blocked from SL for a period of time. is that true? I'd like to upgrade but no one knows what tomorrow brings and would like the flexibility to go back to being a guest if need be, without losing my ability to log in

You mean going back to a "Free" account - there are no "Guest" accounts.

And no, you wouldn't be blocked if you decided to drop the Premium, just be sure that if you nabbed any Mainland to release it before downgrading. Same with a Linden Home.

• Like 1

If you upgrade to premium membership, you always have the option to freely return to basic membership.  The caveats are:

- you need to release any linden home you might have, or sale any mainland you might own, before switching to basic

- you will not receive any refund of remaining premium membership paid - instead you will remain as a premium member (without the ability to own mainland or a LH home) with a pending downgrade to Basic until your premium membership term you paid for expires.  During that time you will still receive the other premium perks (weekly stipend, higher maximum number of groups, live chat support, etc.)

- if you start the downgrade process to premium, but then change your mind, you can contact live chat and request that the pending downgrade be removed, which will restore you back to full premium membership. 

Premium membership is automatically renewed using your payment info on file.  When you upgrade to premium, you have a choice of paying monthly, quarterly or annually.  Monthly is the most expensive option, annually is the least expensive option.  As long as your payment info remains on your account, and LL is able to successfully receive payment for your premium fees, you are good.   If, for someone reason you remove your payment info, or LL is not able to successfully bill it when your premium term expires, there could be a situation where you are not able to login inworld until you have brought your account back into good standing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angellese said:

Provided that you downgrade your account on the website before cancelling payments, you don't get blocked.

You only get blocked if Linden Lab are expecting to take payment from you, and fail.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Along with @moirakathleen 's answer, if you own mainland be aware that TIER IS CHARGED ON THE PRIOR MONTH'S HOLDINGS so you need to sell or give back your land  month before you downgrade -- depending on your tier date or you will be charged a month's tier.   Just for the future knowledge. 

I actually submitted a ticket on this because I was manipulating land and Premium accounts around.  If you are not currently paying any tier -- i.e. only using 1024 tier or less - you can wait until the day before the Premium renews to get rid of the tier usage and request the downgrade without having to pay any additional money.  If anyone truly is not using more than the 1024 and gets rid of it and downgrades before the Premium renews, it they then get any sort of bill from LL, they can contact Billing to get it corrected. 

If you are currently paying tier, then you will have to make one last payment after getting rid of the tier usage - your Dashboard will show the next Tier Bill Date.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, moirakathleen said:

If, for someone reason you remove your payment info, or LL is not able to successfully bill it when your premium term expires, there could be a situation where you are not able to login inworld until you have brought your account back into good standing.  

This is true only after a fairly long grace period (during which Billing will be reaching out to you to get it corrected). It does not happen automatically when a payment fails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens
On 3/21/2019 at 2:54 PM, Angellese said:

Hi Angellese,

You are absolutely able to downgrade your account from Premium to Basic at any time and may continue to log in with no waiting period as long as your account is in good standing.  In order to do so (which a few others have mentioned here) you need to make sure you have no mainland or Linden Home in your ownership.  I would suggest abandoning your mainland or Linden Home the day before your Premium bills next and then downgrading your account on the Web.

The only things that would prevent you from being able to access your account is being delinquent on payments for more than 30 days (as mentioned in our Billing Policy) or by Governance action.  If you miss downgrading before your next payment posts, please contact our Support Team and they would be more than happy to help downgrade your account. 

Also, as Chic mentioned, mainland bills in arrears for the most land you owned int he 30 days prior to your mainland bill date (which, in many cases, is different from your Premium bill date).  If you have specific questions relating to mainland billing, our Land Team is always ready to help with those and can be reached via Support Ticket.

I hope that helps, but if you still have questions please contact the good people in Support via the method of your choice available at your support level.  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Keira Linden said:

...If you miss downgrading before your next payment posts, please contact our Support Team and they would be more than happy to help downgrade your account. 

...  If you have specific questions relating to mainland billing, our Land Team is always ready to help with those and can be reached via Support Ticket.

I hope that helps, but if you still have questions please contact the good people in Support via the method of your choice available at your support level.  :)

Well I do have a problem with my payment. How exactly can I reach the support?

Just now LL charged me 99 US$!!

on 24th of March i booked for 3 month. As soon as I heard of the rising prices (end of May) I upgraded to annual pay. NOW when the three months are over they should have charged 72 till 24.th of June 2020 - but they charged 99 at the same time offering that for 72 more I could prolong till 24.th of June 2020 !!

How and where can I file a ticket? Or in what way can I tell them that this is WRONG?

With my Malealt there was no problem: 15. Mai 2019 he had payed 9,50 for a month then end of May I upgraded him (like Leora) to yearly payment. Then LL waited till the monthly expired 15. June 2019 and THEN charged me 72 for the time till 15. June 2020.

Same I had expected for Leora to happen.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

58 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

How and where can I file a ticket? Or in what way can I tell them that this is WRONG?

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and it says Support under the link to flickr

that takes you here https://support.secondlife.com/

and on the right is premium support which should take you to where you want to be to file a ticket of get live chat when open

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.