Mythical, Limited Edition and/or Hard to Find Items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I joined SL in  fall of 2007,  older residents, who I ardently envied for having a much earlier history in SL then me, described (did I read about this on someones blog?)  a handbag that would drop items periodically as one wore it.  On the line of rubber ducks, kitchen sinks and the like.  These were temporary objects which would eventually disappear.  I still covet that object 12 years later,  and I assume it has never been recreated or made  available. 

Anyone own or know about similar stellar objects that are no longer for sale or cannot be found or bought for any price?

• Thanks 1

I am slowly going through my old inventory and reorganizing. I just found a 2006 "Ejection Chair" I've had all this time. It looks like a regular chair. This was back when strangers would randomly start using other people's furniture and stuff. The idea was to set it out among your regular stuff.

If you sit on it you are "orbited" (remember THAT term? LOL) - instantly sent to 50,000 Meters I think.

It still works. Bahahaha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

There's Starax' magic wand. It's all very dated now, but back then it was amazing (and I never had the chance to buy it). Similar could be said for the Isle of Wyrms dragons and the old Mutation Industries avatars. Most of it wouldn't be impressive to a newcomer at all, but they all have that mythical quality to me. Some of them I own, some I don't.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The Neo Kowloon kitten. They are all over the grid but they don't seem to be available anymore.

@Cinos Field IoW is still there, as are their dragons. I go there each thursday.

Even the full-sized ones? They seemed to stop doing the release events, and they were always limited in number, other than to people who already owned one.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Even the full-sized ones? They seemed to stop doing the release events, and they were always limited in number, other than to people who already owned one.

I fear you're right, I just reentered the store and all vendours are gone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

There's Starax' magic wand. It's all very dated now, but back then it was amazing (and I never had the chance to buy it). Similar could be said for the Isle of Wyrms dragons and the old Mutation Industries avatars. Most of it wouldn't be impressive to a newcomer at all, but they all have that mythical quality to me. Some of them I own, some I don't.

I HAVE 6 OF THOSE LOLOLOL *Never* goi9ng to delete those old primmy things. I still love them!

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The Neo Kowloon kitten. They are all over the grid but they don't seem to be available anymore.

@Cinos Field IoW is still there, as are their dragons. I go there each thursday.

I'm pretty sure I still have one of these but could be a month or more before I find it. Organizing inventory *slowly* so I don't go crazy.

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

I have one Wirmling, then I attended one of the events in 2006 - I was clicking like mad on the ugliest one there (because I knew it would be the least competition) - just so I could get into the group then get the one I really wanted. Ended up buying a bunch. They were cutting-edge at the time.

54 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I fear you're right, I just reentered the store and all vendours are gone.

This is sad. Everyone only ever wants meshy stuffs now.

• Like 1

I have in my possession a copy of the "James Linden Nickel". Original creation date is 02/11/2002. Legend has it that this was made as a proof of concept for applying textures to prims. I think it's among the oldest objects still within SL.

I also have a copy of a musket which contains a texture that has one of its dimensions as 2048. There was a (thankfully) brief time in SL's history where it was possible to upload textures at that size.

There's also a Banshee Rezzer bracelet, which was given out during a promotional period in which SL was stress testing their servers to try and get to 5000 players online concurrently. The bracelet rezzes an simplistic orb pet which follows you around and can interact with other instances of it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I have a copy of the old XStreet Magic Box, which was what you used to stash items you had up for sale on XStreet SL, the predecessor of today's Marketplace.

I have a copy of the old "Vote Box" that, once upon a time, was used to "rate" places.

I have a Cloak of Invisibility which was made by Land.  It renders both your avatar and your nametag invisible (although your voice dot can still be seen, if you have voice enabled).  It's no longer for sale, but there is another item, "The One Ring" which claims to do the same thing.

I have an Elephant Gun that uses elephants as its bullets.

I have a Furniture Gun that fires off random pieces of furniture and major household appliances.  (Can you tell I have a thing for large caliber weapons?)

I have a Sheep Ring.  You wear it, and any time someone says "sheep" in local chat, a sheep materializes and drops on their head.  After a few seconds, it starts to roam around.  It can be ridden.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

There was a fad at one time (at least in my circles) to give someone an attachment, which you would obviously rename to whatever would get your victim to accept and wear it. It was a toilet which, once you were "wearing" it, would sit you on it, pull you inside with a flushing sound and then fling you into orbit. I got my Dom about five times with it. I think he assumed after the first time (and second, and third, and fourth) that, having received my punishment, I wouldn't dare do it again, or just that the joke would get old for me. He was wrong. 

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have a Sheep Ring.  You wear it, and any time someone says "sheep" in local chat, a sheep materializes and drops on their head.  After a few seconds, it starts to roam around.  It can be ridden.

I want this so, so bad. I don't care if it's an old, primmy style sheep, in fact I hope it is. Is it copy/trans? Or is there any way I can acquire it? I'll pay or do anything. Pleeeeeease....

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Oh man... I just remembered this one gesture I saw when I was hanging out with people in the beta grid while SL Voice was being first tested. The gesture contained a deformer animation that would elongate the neck - and only the neck. As it was spooling up, the gesture would play the sound effect of a raspy electronic voice which said "Neck.... Extend!" and the avatar's neck would shoot upwards and stay that way. It was hilarious and I tried so hard to find it on the main grid afterwards... but to no avail.

Edited by Fenix Eldritch
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have a copy of the old XStreet Magic Box, which was what you used to stash items you had up for sale on XStreet SL, the predecessor of today's Marketplace.

I have a copy of the old "Vote Box" that, once upon a time, was used to "rate" places.

I have a Cloak of Invisibility which was made by Land.  It renders both your avatar and your nametag invisible (although your voice dot can still be seen, if you have voice enabled).  It's no longer for sale, but there is another item, "The One Ring" which claims to do the same thing.

I have an Elephant Gun that uses elephants as its bullets.

I have a Furniture Gun that fires off random pieces of furniture and major household appliances.  (Can you tell I have a thing for large caliber weapons?)

Am I the only one left that has a Sperm Gun? 

My BFSL (Best Friend in SL) and I used to have a blast with them. I miss Tabby. :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

There was a fad at one time (at least in my circles) to give someone an attachment, which you would obviously rename to whatever would get your victim to accept and wear it. It was a toilet which, once you were "wearing" it, would sit you on it, pull you inside with a flushing sound and then fling you into orbit. I got my Dom about five times with it. I think he assumed after the first time (and second, and third, and fourth) that, having received my punishment, I wouldn't dare do it again, or just that the joke would get old for me. He was wrong. 

Sounds like the old toilet style lucky chairs that one particular creator used. Those were fun. :D

• Like 4

I received a "Caramella  Lollipop" from someone many years ago at an info hub.  Wear it and you begin to eat the lollipop then things go down hill from there.   There is a ongoing chat line about your condition as your avatar starts to clutch its stomach, eventually squatting and the sound  and particle effects are pretty gross. I think one had to log out to detach it.    Some folks found it hilarious and enjoyed watching their avatar go through this  "painful" and somewhat humiliating experience.  Some were not so keen.   I took it in my stride.  Not my particular type of humor, but I have to give points for ingenuity.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Nacy Nightfire said:

I received a "Caramella  Lollipop" from someone many years ago at an info hub.  Wear it and you begin to eat the lollipop then things go down hill from there.   There is a ongoing chat line about your condition as your avatar starts to clutch its stomach, eventually squatting and the sound  and particle effects are pretty gross. I think one had to log out to detach it.    Some folks found it hilarious and enjoyed watching their avatar go through this  "painful" and somewhat humiliating experience.  Some were not so keen.   I took it in my stride.  Not my particular type of humor, but I have to give points for ingenuity.

I think I still have mine. Buried in one of my toy boxes. I have 6 toy boxes. shiftyeyes.gif.3cb23753b48cd1eae6ab3331cdd80040.gif 

Oh and with the one I have, you could detach it. No need to relog.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

I can't believe I forgot about the talking tampon. It was created as a reaction to the talking body parts that became really very tiresome at one point. You couldn't go anywhere without having your local chat spammed with talking pregnancies, genitalia, Xcite parts, vampire teeth, furry and neko ears and tails, everything. The talking tampon was a very good way of making a point about it. 

I seem to recall it was copy and trans though, because the maker really wanted as many people as possible to use it. So it probably isn't hard to get. 

I had a toilet paper gun but I remember there were a lot of guns that would fire all sorts of bizarre things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.