i had an idea new year new me so need some help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so its a new year almost 2020 so i desided to start fresh and make a fresh brand new sl account   but im havin trouble thinkin up a name  any ideas on a new name  i want something cool and modern or not so modern and it has to be gender nutral cuz in real life my real name is  for both male and female  so something like that 

https://nameberry.com/unisex-names

shout out to Google. 

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You're okay with voice verifying for anyone that wants you too, right?

I’ve honestly never understood voice verification or why people take it as a breaking thing if you don’t turn on the voice box. The internet is a wonderful place. Why are you trying to encourage my introvert self even more by encouraging me to have calls on the interwebz? I make a call for coffee shop barista verification. Prove to me you can make a mean espresso and then MAYBE we can be friends. 

27 minutes ago, norajulian said:

I’ve honestly never understood voice verification or why people take it as a breaking thing if you don’t turn on the voice box. The internet is a wonderful place. Why are you trying to encourage my introvert self even more by encouraging me to have calls on the interwebz? I make a call for coffee shop barista verification. Prove to me you can make a mean espresso and then MAYBE we can be friends. 

That was sort of an inside joke.  Quinn is notorious here for asking women to voice verify to prove they are really female.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That was sort of an inside joke.  Quinn is notorious here for asking women to voice verify to prove they are really female.

Oh, I acknowledged that. I’m afraid I went on a mini tangent. I hold my tongue so often that I often forget what conversations I’ve actually participated in vs the ones I’ve rolled my eyes at so hard that they take a mini vacation in Barcelona. 

Seriously, Quinn. Google. 

• Like 2

On 1/24/2019 at 8:18 PM, Quinn Lysette said:

so its a new year almost 2020 so i desided to start fresh and make a fresh brand new sl account   but im havin trouble thinkin up a name  any ideas on a new name  i want something cool and modern or not so modern and it has to be gender nutral cuz in real life my real name is  for both male and female  so something like that 

I think you should call yourself Placenta.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Voice verification is unreliable due to voice morphing having been introduced years ago.

Asking me to prove I was born female via voice is treading on dangerous ground.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How does he get them to prove that they're not bald and 35 stone with three teeth and 50 open sores?

Or maybe that's his thing. It's SL, after all.

17 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Voice verification is unreliable due to voice morphing having been introduced years ago.

Hence, why we always laugh and poke fun when he makes such statements.

13 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

How does he get them to prove that they're not bald and 35 stone with three teeth and 50 open sores?

Or maybe that's his thing. It's SL, after all.

The bolded part is my guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Asking me to prove I was born female via voice is treading on dangerous ground.

I don't think voice morphing is a very good gender disguise.  It's pretty easy to tell when a morpher is in use, and a good male or female impersonation depends on a lot more than just pitch.

On the other hand, there are quite a few people who can do a good opposite-gender vocal impersonation WITHOUT morphing software.  And then there are all the women out there who sound like foghorns, and males with high, soft voices.  So I'd agree with the first four words of your statement, "Voice verification is unreliable"...period.

Quinn, you never said if you liked my suggestion!  If you don't like that one, how about:

Quant M. Mechanik  (you get to keep the Q!)

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't think voice morphing is a very good gender disguise.  It's pretty easy to tell when a morpher is in use, and a good male or female impersonation depends on a lot more than just pitch.

On the other hand, there are quite a few people who can do a good opposite-gender vocal impersonation WITHOUT morphing software.  And then there are all the women out there who sound like foghorns, and males with high, soft voices.  So I'd agree with the first four words of your statement, "Voice verification is unreliable"...period.

Quinn, you never said if you liked my suggestion!  If you don't like that one, how about:

Quant M. Mechanik  (you get to keep the Q!)

Well. Not everyone (>.<) has pitch. You can't even depend on your own ears to know for sure. As a woman who has been called "sir" over the phone more times than she can count (even after calling them on it!), I know the only way to be sure is to meet face to face and even then there are those who do not present as either male or female. My point is that you can never know for certain.

Q!

I like that. So unique. So distinguished. heehee.gif.656e1399feb43e5db53a67c3fda2c4c0.gif

tng_deja_q_hd_411.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.