what is the best way to find a roadside 1024 parcel?

Zurcon Zanetti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Did the group have enough tier? Nothing will happen if the group doesn't have the tier for it.

well fml another new info... ok so  I do have the ability to claim 1024m² and then there´s a 10% group bonus.... do you try to tell me I have to buy 1024m²,  deed that to the group and then I can buy the 1120m²? None of the tutorials mention that... I thought there was a databank somewhere just like the "if user premium then 1024 for them" one... yeah I know... thinking... but then I´m almost too ticked off to type as it is.... I´ve been making a gd fool of myself for days only to learn yet another thing like this? you sound that it´s superobvious and the most natural thing to do - well argh

guess I´ll use my premium and try this chat support - it´s their stuff they have to explain it! simple as that - if it´s not possible to deed through the action of buying it I want to read that beforehand in their explanation... *stomps off to grab the support by their neck

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
beware... angry tired nutcase is after the support

1 hour ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

ok so  I do have the ability to claim 1024m² and then there´s a 10% group bonus.... do you try to tell me I have to buy 1024m²,  deed that to the group and then I can buy the 1120m²?

Give the group the 1024m tier first, it will then say you have 1120m available. You can then buy up to 1120m of land using the buy for group option.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 8:51 AM, Akasha Sternberg said:

well fml another new info... ok so  I do have the ability to claim 1024m² and then there´s a 10% group bonus.... do you try to tell me I have to buy 1024m²,  deed that to the group and then I can buy the 1120m²?

A friend and I bought land in late July last summer. It turned out to be less hard than we expected, but then we took it one step at a time.

This was the sequence:

1) Spent much time fretting about size and shape needed and all other aspects. :) With two shops etc to place, this was somewhat more complicated than many uses. A pencil and paper map helped, but an inworld mock-up with prims in the right sizes was even better to get a feel for the size of the parcel we were requesting.

2) Investigated possibilities and found a good area of abandoned land which meets our needs.

3) Made a group and invited my friend and our building alts (you'll have 24 hours for the 2nd account to join or the group vanishes)

4) Bought a year's premium

5) Donated tier to the group (after this was done, we were able to confirm how much we'd be able to buy as a group without incurring additional tier charges)

6) Friend gave me her share of the land purchase price

7) Put in ticket to buy land

😎 Request was filled in four or five days

9) Went to parcel with our group tag active and bought land via "Buy for Group" (important to remember to do but was obvious and not the least bit difficult when the moment came)

Take it step by step and it's not bad at all. There are just several steps and the information for each was in several locations so it felt confusing. With two of us working together, we had mutual support but also needed to communicate and coordinate that we had done each thing. In the end, it went really quite smoothly :) 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 5:17 AM, Akasha Sternberg said:

hmmm interesting, I didn´t know about the group buy thing.... I filed a ticket for a piece to be cut off an abandoned plot. If that doesn´t work out I might consider the group option^^

update: I couldn´t get it out of my head so I did the searchies and found ..stuff. It´s all fun and games, I hit about land- buy land for group, agree for the L$ to run away from me - and.... nothing happens.. hm...  what did I miss?c5bc59e44d8762762b2bacaa150886d8.png

In order to "buy for group," you have to be wearing that group's tag AND that group has to have enough tier in it ALREADY for you to purchase with it. Notice the panel says you "will need sufficient contributed land use credits to cover this parcel."

This is one of the most confusing and annoying things about grouping land. If you don't already have extra tier, how can you do this? You will have to deed the parcel then to the group, but that doesn't work either sometimes. I have a tutorial on grouping land here inside the little post office house. It may or may not help.

The main thing is to have your wits about you, and not click through anything that will raise your tier needlessly. Make sure you see only green checks.

I´ve managed to buy something (had the group for ... several years.... so yeah) didn´t need a certain shape or something and yeah my route was completely different from yours as I had TOTALLY different requirements (yes my view still bites from one side but ah well.... it´s a workspace - my home is pretty for 10 plots so... hey...

• 2 weeks later...

I found (and still do) all my mainland parcels in the firestorm search. If you go to the firestorm web search and click the “land and rentals” tab then you click “view all land and rentals” once there you can in the left column set a parcel size and linden amount to spend and get a whole listing of parcels fitting that criteria. Best and easiest way to find land anywhere!

1 hour ago, xViXeNx71 said:

So in order to get the 1120 instead of 1024 m2,  by deeding and buying the land for the group,  the alt you use in the group doesn't need to be a premium member?

the only requirement to get a groupbonus is that the land is owned by a group ( and it's a group requirement to have more than one member, there are no requirements set for the members themself)

In fact, the landowning group's tier can all be contributed by group members who aren't even in the Owner role. They must however remain members of the group for their tier contribution to continue. (I found this out by accident years ago when I set up a bunch of rental groups owned by my alts and then left those groups to make room for others. Those landowning groups instantly had zero contributed tier -- and nobody got notified; I discovered it months later.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 12:48 AM, iamyourneighbour said:

I recommend driving on the road to find them

Hope I'm not necroposting but rather reanimating here... The above obviously presupposes that you enjoy mainland driving at least to some extent, if you don't, it's probably best not to ;).

But last time I looked, not that long ago actually, it wasn't the worst way to look.

I ended up further inland, but found my current place while out on my bike on the Mainland.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.