Problem with Alphas and System Avatar Textures Not Working

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason I can't get my system avatar textures to display. Alphas don't work either. Here's the default Sauin demon avatar to show you the problems I am having. The clothing alphas aren't working, and none of the system avatar textures like skin are working.

I have relogged in and out several times and it doesn't fix the problem. Tried loading different system, (non-mesh) avatars, same problem.

Did a Forece Appearance Rebake (Ctr-Alt-R) and that didn't work either.

Any other ideas on what I can try? I'm stumped. I can see textures on OTHER avatars, just not mine.

Alpha and Texture Problem.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Me too!!!! Edit shape....in and out cleared it. Thank goodness I read this first.

It saved me from running to the door screaming......................

It seems like edit shape makes your avatar look okay to you, but not to everyone else.  They'll fix it of course, but until then Edit Shape only seems to help you look better to yourself (in my case at least).

• Sad 1

Most definitely the bakes server is having issues. Since regular assets do not seem to be having an issue, it is easily isolated to the bake server. It could be one of the following:

• Someone unplugged something(metaphorically, stopped a service or changed something on production by accident)
  • Server is having issues downloading assets (unlikely as we can still download regular assets)
  • Server is having rastering issues (plausible, it could be stuck trying to raster a single asset)
  • Server is having issues uploading (plausible, but unlikely. If internal access to the asset server is authenticated, the upload key might have been invalidated or it just cannot route to the asset server)

It is also possible that the bakes server is still uploading stuff but the asset server isn't saving temporary assets correctly.

Should be a relatively easy thing to fix once the issue is pin pointed.. unless it is a hardware issue, in which case they got to perform physical surgery on the server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.