Logins?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

50 minutes ago, SombreNyx said:

Oh yes, it all started going sideways about 6 hours ago here, ending with the dreaded "You have been logged out of SL..." message. Patience is all that's left now *sigh*

Actually, it all started going sideways about 11-12 hours ago.

31 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

anybody else gettin a wierd messge when trying to get on sl ??

i was tryin to log in at my homespot an it wont work but other places doo ??

Tis often the case when the Grid Status page says there are login issues and when tons of people post many threads about login problems.f

15 minutes ago, Angel Tungsten said:

I'm hoping this will help some others, after many failed log-in attempts, I uninstalled my usual viewer (Singularity), deleted all setup files, rebooted, and then re-downloaded and did a fresh install and am now able to log in.  I also tried the same thing with Firestorm viewer and was able to log in.

There are a few isolated times when a re-install will help after lots of crashes.  

I simply went away for an hour and came back and logged in fine.

12 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

i got on by loggin in to a place in my favs  and didnt have to do all that work you did

Whenever there are grid issues and some people can log in but others can't then it is often recommended to try logging into another location.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

I've been on for... an hour and a half now without issue. 

Maybe the hamsters are back to working now

Yeah, stats are pretty close to normal numbers now, so in theory things have improved.  Now, as long as they can keep it stable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, it all started going sideways about 11-12 hours ago.

Tis often the case when the Grid Status page says there are login issues and when tons of people post many threads about login problems.f

There are a few isolated times when a re-install will help after lots of crashes.  

I simply went away for an hour and came back and logged in fine.

Whenever there are grid issues and some people can log in but others can't then it is often recommended to try logging into another location.

I'm just glad some people are able to log in, no matter how they did it.  I'm just cracking up laughing because I never thought I was doing so much "work"  as i fix and work  with "puters almost everyday. ?

• Like 1

What's really impressive is the fact that ANY of this works as well as it does. Given the shaky state of the world in general, we're really lucky that LL has some functioning people there, trying their best to put us all back into our lives when we're hurled out. To them (now that I'm back inworld), I offer thanks.

*hunts for picture of exploding universe, but gives up when nothing looks right, and instead, just tp's to a grassy world and looks at the windmill sails, lazily turning in the dawn light there...*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel Tungsten said:

Welcome back bigmoe! At least you got some sleep through the worst of it!

I had to end up muting the phone, as I had the page open on it and the notifcations make NOISE lol!  ended up getting up because of it, made a few tweets then saw process being made by the lab and went "sleep"!  lol

Also those claiming "DDOS ATTACK" no.  there was no attack, I tend to monitor internet traffic in and out of places when issues arrise just so people will understand that if there is one, I'll make sure people know, if there is not, I will make sure they are aware there is not.    Today's incident was not showing any major traffic shaping hitting the data center or LL's cdn's.    so the DDOS is easily ruled out.  

I left my bot on and in debug mode right after this started, having him capture from where he was logging in at (that was highly random)  only issue he was slamming into was caps and warnings during that time,  no bad server performances, nothing that I can see that was physical on the sim hosts.  

I'm very PRO Linden Lab and Second Life,  but I will post what I find as to make sure our community knows what could possibly be going on, outside the scope of the lab,  within the lab,  I've only got tid bits of things that I know and msot of that is from attending the office hour meetings and such over the years.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I tracert the sim I was on,  21ms ping for me, so it's low,  not seeing any issues with how the routing is from me the the data center.

It is likely the data server which residents do not directly interact with. If the data server freezes, sims freeze waiting for synchronous requests, then people get disconnected due to the sim not sending the ping request to see if the agent is still alive, and then the client thinks the sim went down.

1 minute ago, Chaser Zaks said:

It is likely the data server which residents do not directly interact with. If the data server freezes, sims freeze waiting for synchronous requests, then people get disconnected due to the sim not sending the ping request to see if the agent is still alive, and then the client thinks the sim went down.

There is only the one data center now and that's in arizona, LL moved everything there a few years back, closing out chandler, dc and baltimore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.