Logins?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And back to normal - at least based on the number of online users. 

image.png.30084e15d649acff865d7107b8a20c15.png

It doesn't look like LL is calling it all good yet though.  And rezzing inworld still seems problematic.  

Damn - just got logged out.

I've been rezzing stuff in all morning and haven't had any issues outside of the norm. And still haven't been logged out. Seems to be only certain servers are being affected.

23 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

At least this isn't as bad as the great crash of 2006 - when we all had to call up LL and reset our passwords over the phone. 

There was one worse than that in 2005. One of the updates buggered things up so badly the grid was down for almost a week.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

it is sunday, next week is halloween I bet a lot empolyees are off to visit family... and those few that can fix stuff cannot work faster than us other humans either... finding what is running wrong is the first step in fixing... actually figuring that out however can take ages - what should they tell us? "We are at it for 6 hours now, Huey is brewing the 3rd can of coffee and Dewey keeps tossing rubber balls at the offfice door in sheer despair. Luis is shouting at his monitor again. However we still have no idea what's wrong though." would that make you feel better?

Oof.

I know it's sunday, that's barely an excuse  for any business these days. Please don't try to explain how IT works, that's my job. I'm not even asking to know what has gone wrong but to have an update they are still looking it, not a complete silence.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There was one worse than that in 2005. One of the updates buggered things up so badly the grid was down for almost a week.

Don't challenge fate by comparing it until it's over - bad Selene how could you? :o;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, H8 said:

Please don't try to explain how IT works, that's my job. I'm not even asking to know what has gone wrong but to have an update they are still looking it

Of course they are still looking at it.

If you've ever done system administration or NOC work ( and not just plugging in PCs ) then you know when a P1 incident happens it's all hands on deck until the problem is recovered. Even if that's 36 hours work without sleep.

We will get a blog post in a few days that will explain the issue.

• Like 6

I'm hoping this will help some others, after many failed log-in attempts, I uninstalled my usual viewer (Singularity), deleted all setup files, rebooted, and then re-downloaded and did a fresh install and am now able to log in.  I also tried the same thing with Firestorm viewer and was able to log in.

49 minutes ago, Bastet Batra said:

*facepalms* And yet I see friends in.... When I could finally log into the website...

I'm hoping this will help some others, after many failed log-in attempts, I uninstalled my usual viewer (Singularity), deleted all setup files, rebooted, and then re-downloaded and did a fresh install and am now able to log in.  I also tried the same thing with Firestorm viewer and was able to log in.

1 minute ago, Angel Tungsten said:

I seriously doubt all that extra work you went through had anything to do with you finally being able to log in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angel Tungsten said:

i got on by loggin in to a place in my favs  and didnt have to do all that work you did

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

I seriously doubt all that extra work you went through had anything to do with you finally being able to log in. 

Well, I did try to log in again and couldn't just a minute before doing all that.  Like I said, I hope it helps some people. Of course, no one is obligated to try it.

53 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I've been rezzing stuff in all morning and haven't had any issues outside of the norm. And still haven't been logged out. Seems to be only certain servers are being affected.

This would be my guess also since some folks were in for long periods off and on today.  I did try logging in to a few different locations, but apparently all of the ones I chose are impacted by whatever is going on.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.