What do sim owners know ?

Atrabilious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Atrabilious said:

Are Sim owners able to read your private IM's ? Do they have the ability to read messages between you and your friends? I have heard that they have this ability so if anyone can clear this up id appreciate it

Owning a few sims regions I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that we can not read your IMs. Anyone who tells you a region owner can eavesdrop is telling a huge mistruth.

• Like 2

The only people who can read your IM chat are Lindens & a Linden would only be looking at your chat if it was to help track down a bug you had reported or to find proof for an abuse report that had been filed or similar.
Linden would NEVER disclose your IM chat to another Resident. They would be fired for it.
Also, anyone who tells you that they can read your IM because their alt/friend/brother is a Linden is also talking bollocks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not a region owner, but I do have EM(Estate Manager) access on some regions. The most I can do you on regions that I have EM access on is freeze you or teleport you home, or ban you from the estate.

The most that any EM can see is this(as well as what is colliding AND CAUSING ALL LAG):

image.thumb.png.58b80afe14081a100493d0a64564a6b1.png

Which you can already do with scripts.

--edit--

Adding onto what Whirly said, yes some Lindens can see your IMs, but it is a very select few which have access to this from what I recall. They have no interest in reading your IMs unless you AR'd someone or someone AR'd you, and there may be content of interest in there. EG: If someone is griefing physically, they don't really care much for IMs, but if there is fraud, the fraud prevention team might investigate chat logs related to all those involved.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 3

When I had my sims I wasn't ever able to do it..

Having my land I have now I'm still unable to do it..

So,No they can't..

If they are getting IM's of yours..Then the other party member is either giving them to them, or posting them somewhere to get them from..

either way,if it was just the two of you,then you know who it was..;)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Atrabilious said:

Are Sim owners able to read your private IM's ? Do they have the ability to read messages between you and your friends? I have heard that they have this ability so if anyone can clear this up id appreciate it

They don't need to read them. They just know. Part of the deal when you buy a region from Linden Lab is you get telepathy, psychokinesis, and precognition.

That's why the setup fee is so high.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

They don't need to read them. They just know. Part of the deal when you buy a region from Linden Lab is you get telepathy, psychokinesis, and precognition.

That's why the setup fee is so high.

But they lowered the setup fee, and degraded those capabilities.  Now I can only hear voices in my head, and they lie about future events.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Everyone above saying they can't read IM's is lying... It's all a conspiracy and they are trying to cover it up! Notice how Chaser Zaks purposely didn't open the "View all IM's" window and cut the button out of the screenshot? They are in on it!

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Everyone above saying they can't read IM's is lying... It's all a conspiracy and they are trying to cover it up! Notice how Chaser Zaks purposely didn't open the "View all IM's" window and cut the button out of the screenshot? They are in on it!

c79edf5e23b6b55b9e2ea38e8c1789e6.jpg

:P

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.