Looking to restart Texas group

Annabell Wandsworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

I am truly not interested in anyone's biases about and ignorance of Texas. 

Most of us have biases about many of the states.  

Many threads  get a variety of slightly off topic (and sometimes way off topic) comments. You kinda eventually learn to simply skim over / ignore whatever doesn't interest you or that you don't think is relevant.  Sometimes you even skim / ignore posts by a specific person -- you can actually have the system sort of do that for you, if you want to flag a person as 'ignore'.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of us have biases about many of the states.  

Many threads  get a variety of slightly off topic (and sometimes way off topic) comments. You kinda eventually learn to simply skim over / ignore whatever doesn't interest you or that you don't think is relevant.  Sometimes you even skim / ignore posts by a specific person -- you can actually have the system sort of do that for you, if you want to flag a person as 'ignore'.

I'm sure you mean well, but I'm really not looking to be told how to react.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

I am truly not interested in anyone's biases about and ignorance of Texas. 

Then don't publicly run around with a "Texas flag". See: by founding the group alone you sent out a communication message - folks will react to your communications no matter you intended them or not. It's basically the same as putting a "Texas" bumper sticker on your car and then telling folks not to talk to you about the subject... folks might not talk to you about a Texas bumper sticker in an rural Texan town, but this is SL, an international community where a lot of people decide to tell you or not to tell you where they are from - leaving your group mostly with the !*T*E*X*A*S*! hyperpatriotic crew instead of the average regular Texas inhabitants. This leads to assumptions, assumptions you have done nothing to dispell by your behaviour - quite the contrary.

PS: Side note: as funny as it is, your reactions to people you consider "Off topic" will help a lot of real average run-off-the -mill Texans to decide wether they want to join your group or not.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:
11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There’s a saying, “Only steers and queers come from Texas”, and my momma didn’t raise no steer. ?? I went to Texas A&M, so I are an Aggie Engineer (pronounced with a hard “G”).

Love, I have no idea why you think that statement is appropriate in any setting. I find it offensive, and I wonder why you are posting in this topic at all. 

It's only from the greatest movie ever.. Full Metal Jacket. 

Personally i find most outspoken Texans offensive.. They want to leave the US, hate Gays and anyone that isn't white, dumb and on Trumps jock... Hey look, more negativity!!!

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2018 at 6:10 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

It's only from the greatest movie ever.. Full Metal Jacket. 

Personally i find most outspoken Texans offensive.. They want to leave the US, hate Gays and anyone that isn't white, dumb and on Trumps jock... Hey look, more negativity!!!

Thank you for proving my point about stereotypes and willful ignorance.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:22 PM, Fionalein said:

Well it's Texas... the state kinda invites folks of having silly ideas about it, both Texans and non-Texans alike.

I am completely aware of the stereotypes about Texas. I know that people like to judge, and not use their brains, about different places, and races. It does not make it ok. 

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...

There are some truths about Texas and some that are simply to narrow because Texas varies in ideas, political support and community.

Here in the south side of Houston, People around the surrounding annexes tend to be more moderate and liberal. It is a cultural melting pot, and Dallas and Austin also follow that pattern.

Further south in galveston is a whole different place, where it is an island community a different then mainland Texas with a wide variety of people.

Suburbs away from main cities tend to be more far right, and conservative towards others. 

In 90% of the main texas regions especially along I45 , no one can drive worth a darn and are straight up disrespectful especially in pickup trucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

There are some truths about Texas and some that are simply to narrow because Texas varies in ideas, political support and community.

Here in the south side of Houston, People around the surrounding annexes tend to be more moderate and liberal. It is a cultural melting pot, and Dallas and Austin also follow that pattern.

Further south in galveston is a whole different place, where it is an island community a different then mainland Texas with a wide variety of people.

Suburbs away from main cities tend to be more far right, and conservative towards others. 

In 90% of the main texas regions especially along I45 , no one can drive worth a darn and are straight up disrespectful especially in pickup trucks.

necro.png.2a44d8e3b21a875e7041069983310dec.png

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:30 AM, anthonytorino said:

My two favorite places in Texas are Austin and Galveston. San Antonio runs a close third. Of course, I knew those places best in the 80s and before. A lot has changed since then.

• Like 1

I'm from Texas and in Texas...but looks like this group has already become inactive. =/  

...For anyone interested, I made a 'Gulf Coast' themed place on some mainland I own. Worth checking out if you like Texas plus you can rez your boat too! 

Click to Visit

Snapshot_006.png

Edited by CheekiChica
Decided to hijack thread for a minute since the OP hasn't logged in over a month. lol.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CheekiChica said:

I'm from Texas and in Texas...but looks like this group has already become inactive. =/  

...For anyone interested, I made a 'Gulf Coast' themed place on some mainland I own. Worth checking out if you like Texas plus you can rez your boat too! 

Click to Visit

Snapshot_006.png

Reminds me of the way Galveston Island looked in the 60s on one of the family weekend camping trips. 

I wanna be a kid again. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 10:41 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Reminds me of the way Galveston Island looked in the 60s on one of the family weekend camping trips. 

I wanna be a kid again. 

Hey your tp takes you underwater fyi.

Sorry I just realized you were quoting another post and that land is not yours. My bad.

Edited by Annabell Wandsworth
correction

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.