SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Twelve new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today. Eleven of them contain Ranch houses, while one (Penitence) is an empty Homestead sim, like those found at Blind Pete and Overall.

Ranchexpansion5Aug2023.thumb.png.fe1faaabb04b8418b11371307ba0aa5c.png

The twelve newest regions are named:

Buzzard, Thunderhud, Mink Julep, Mighty Dog

Muskrat Love, Peggys Roost, Rising Gorge, Pine Gulch

Penitence (Homestead), Last Shot, Nuthatch, Sweet Adeline

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

A couple of points of interest about the SSP zone.  The entire block of Ranch development tiles (SSP4000 - 4035) has been restored, after having been taken down shortly after the Ranch theme was released.  Presumably this has helped with the ongoing rollout of new Ranch regions.  I see that Ranch homes now seem to be available fairly steadily on the land page.

Also, development of a new theme seems to be slowly progressing.  The SSP45xx regions have now grown to 8 regions.

image.thumb.png.57a7ac0082df4e7bb22835d9019718dd.png

Also, shortly after it was released in Belli the SSP Vic community region SSPVCR changed from green to a winter look, simultaneously changing its name to SSPVCRW.  In recent weeks, a single green dot has frequented it often, as you see at this moment.  Perhaps someone whose RL environs are baking is enjoying spending time in a Victorian winter wonderland?  That does sound nice!

image.png.d8c9fb1afa4cffd355c9fcc4f4e4f3df.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wild Speculation Time!

I've been intrigued by a few new-ish singleton SSP regions.

image.png.6d9282c34a0d5f143c9baccefc9919a2.png

In particular, SSP2532PT and SSP2532X interest me.  The original Fantasy buildout in the SSP zone was numbered SSP25xx (yes, there was an SSP2532), and had light green region covers like these (note that PSS Test is a much older region).  I suppose the moles could just be creating a special Fantasy region for some particular event.  OR (I'm sure this is wishful thinking, but hey) ... does anyone want to join me in hoping these regions are being used to develop new, smaller, perhaps more fantasy-ish homes to add to the controllers in Fantasseria?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The 9-region "Monkey" area up in the SSP zone has been stripped down to only 2 regions.  This is what it looked like yesterday, today the red regions have no names.

image.png.a770a8f03d74f36c9e8b99af8e5502fb.png

At no point have I had any idea what these were supposed to be used for.

Work continues on SSP45xx (probable new theme).  Still 16 regions.  

I noticed that with the Ranches in place, the moles now have TWO missing coastlines where they could provide a shorter water route between Olde Bellisseria and the Stilts: the northern LogLand coast, or the southern Ranch coast.  Maybe someday.

• Like 6

On 8/29/2023 at 8:38 PM, Nika Talaj said:

The 9-region "Monkey" area up in the SSP zone has been stripped down to only 2 regions.  This is what it looked like yesterday, today the red regions have no names.

At no point have I had any idea what these were supposed to be used for.

Those nine Monkey regions were where the nine Welcome Hub sims were originally created.  Backups of three of the Welcome Hub sims have also been placed near the Snowlands in south-west Sansara too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Put out a giant cornfield and a single ranch plot in the middle that's either assigned to the winner of some contest / charity event or assigned to a mole build that resembles cows and an alien abduction.

Maybe a crop circle or two,, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The presumptive new 2048 theme up in the SSP zone is now up to 27 regions.  6 more to go (of course, they still have to finish building out all of them, and even after they seem to stop working on them, it can be months before they release.)

27_001.jpg.f032a062d063684c0dd4037f7ec6270d.jpg

Also, I posted my Belli map in another thread.  If anyone would like a framed copy inworld, you can pick it up at my Sakura home (the same one that has the ferries).  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiawasena Itachi/190/83/24  I intend to update this now and then.

Feel free to walk in - play the game or the koto, try to get the boy to clean up his mess, whatever.  The pic is above the TV, and if you touch it, it will give you a copy of the framed picture (to demonstrate its correct aspect ratio), which also contains a copy of the texture.

BelliMapv1.thumb.jpg.9238e65cf2ac8983ddbaae3dea915254.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today.

Twelve of them contain Ranch houses, while one (Caribou) is an empty Homestead sim, like those found at Penitence, Blind Pete and Overall.

Ranchexpansion10Sep2023.thumb.png.da936f80129bce5173ae74f248b6d2af.png

The thirteen new regions are named:

Okay Chorale, Jellyside Downs, Dreadmore Falls, Caribou (Homestead), Three Aces, Mynahs Rest, Miz Trueheart.

Donegal, Luvya, Tree Fiddy.

Sweetiepie, Sneaky Pete, Rileys Branch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

At the moment right now, there are a total of seven homestead sims in Ranchland.

But each of these seven homestead sims can only support up to 5000 prims and 20 people in each. So, unlike the other Ranch sims, I would imagine they aren't meant for housing.

I would guess these homestead sims may (or may not) just be temporary placeholders for sims of a different nature which might appear later....?!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Do we know (or have any idea) what the plan is for the empty Homestead sims?  Asking for a friend....

I think the 3 in a row will be for a rail line that will run up the east coast and end at a station there. I like to imagine the other Homestead regions being for a community region, a mini cornfield or 2 with crop circles, and a couple of recreational lakes, possibly with teleporters in the bottom like some of the lakes in Logland have. Maybe the crop circles could have teleporters in them too?

The Moles like adding fun little surprises to their builds in Bellisseria. Teleporters can also provide shortcuts to other parts of Belli.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5

I'm kinda hoping the 3 in a row will be for a rodeo!!!

Maybe the others will have granges?

The Grange organized social events such as fairs and gatherings which helped break up the tedium of farm life. Indeed, the community aspect was a big draw of the Grange. Granges became centers for business, social, and cultural life in rural communities.

I find it interesting that we can't enter the Range homesteads.  I think all of us with range-oriented avatars and pets should organize a protest march about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm kinda hoping the 3 in a row will be for a rodeo!!!

Maybe the others will have granges?

I find it interesting that we can't enter the Range homesteads.  I think all of us with range-oriented avatars and pets should organize a protest march about that.

A rodeo stadium and a grange would both be wonderful for the Community region. I'm also hoping for a general store, a post office, a feed store, and a diner with pie.

Btw, if you don't think a feed store is a crucial community point, you've never lived in a rural community. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A rodeo stadium and a grange would both be wonderful for the Community region. I'm also hoping for a general store, a post office, a feed store, and a diner with pie.

Btw, if you don't think a feed store is a crucial community point, you've never lived in a rural community. 

lol, yes, where you can hear all the towns gossip :P  Good point!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3