SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

They're not bungalows (known as "ranch houses" for some reason in the US)! They're literally ranch or farm houses instead.

Ranchhouse.thumb.jpg.fe54b337defb9468f9d4bd5b9215ea42.jpg

^ A Ranch House! (House type: "Stable View")

Ranchmailbox.thumb.jpg.e8400ef763c0935b892164b9836dd961.jpg

^ Ranch House mailbox thingy.

Ranchgrainsilo.thumb.jpg.e04b9674e0142a02df067388661cc1cb.jpg

^ A silo!

Ranchgrainbin.thumb.jpg.3e51f236c8a633ea0000dbaf5acb09bf.jpg

^ A grain bin!

Ranchphonelines.thumb.jpg.71766563a8bcc0e66eaaf550f519ce64.jpg

^ Overhead phone/telegraph wires/lines.

Ranchwatertower.thumb.jpg.04ec244ec9e8ea4cefecdeb1ee99e44f.jpg

^ Water towers, with SL logo!

RanchRez.thumb.jpg.3a1dd202edfbf4034e37c4d3e3d9bac1.jpg

^ Rez zone markers!

Ranchtractor.thumb.jpg.4ed7c2d6ca7839b64f0c03b4dc8b7219.jpg

^ Tractor!

20m surface water levels. So coastlines with rivers are possible here in the Ranch theme!

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Eight new water regions between Log, Stilt and Ranch themes have also appeared. The Ranch theme, as hoped, has a grassy east coast which is wide enough to lay railway tracks on. These tracks could then link Ranches to Logland to the south and Sakura to the north.

RanchStiltwater.thumb.png.e9dc5af6db15016c1dc5639450a5cf99.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

PATCH ANNOUNCES ZINDRA CONTINENT TO BE COMPLETED!!! (TRUE!)

Are you sure?  I heard that they were not going to build more adult land in the current Zindra theme, but that they are planning to build more Adult land with an updated look.  I came away not sure if that would be part of Zindra or in another, new area.  I also got the impression that this plan was in its early stages, but I don't think Patch said anything about time frame.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Are you sure?  I heard that they were not going to build more adult land in the current Zindra theme, but that they are planning to build more Adult land with an updated look.  I came away not sure if that would be part of Zindra or in another, new area.  I also got the impression that this plan was in its early stages, but I don't think Patch said anything about time frame.

There was no time frame mentioned. The question was whether Zindra would be completed. He said yes, but the new regions would be an updated version.

He also implied that updated textures would be used on mainland, but the types of textures - sand, grass, snow, etc. - would not change. He said people would be upset if they wanted their land to be snow or sand, and then suddenly it was something else.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AuroraDammerung said:

LOL! Love the photo Patch used to introduce this new theme! 🤣  Mooooo!

I love that photo too!  I find it ... suggestive ... that Patch opted to be dropped into a Ranch pond (along with a cow, of course, MOO) from a flying saucer.   Gives me hope that Thousand Island ... or Blue Cheese ... or maybe the new Zindra theme? ... might be SciFi!

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, SilenzZzz Mistwalker said:

i like how they look and the layout ... sadly though i used up my daily claims trying to get one close to a water edge... lol 

Sometimes the hunt is all the fun but beware of unfinished water edges as you may not be on a water edge for long as the region edge gets built out.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Sometimes the hunt is all the fun but beware of unfinished water edges as you may not be on a water edge for long as the region edge gets built out.

You never know what you might get with an edge parcel. That can be part of the fun. I expected more Victorian Homes to go in next to me, so I was enjoying my water view while I had it. I never expected to be so incredibly lucky to have open Protected Land facing an island, and probably a railway line coming too!

681365313_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_016.thumb.jpg.f6b9802d3fabb1df2f2d1b0bc5f5acc2.jpg

1120727861_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_028.thumb.jpg.57e64f3382b68b1c216e8c73e8d6ee76.jpg

April20-NorthernCoast1_002.thumb.jpg.a4ff7635758d8f9091fb36738c9b833c.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 9

23 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Patch announces that Zindra continent is to be completed!

At 47:10 Patch mentions the CLPP — Community Land Partnership Program and says there's a wiki page about it, but https://search.secondlife.com/ gives 0 hits for "CLPP" and 10 thousand SEO spam mis-hits for "Community Land Partnership Program" (because search engines everywhere have become useless these days 😠). Any tips?

Edited by 4lice Cerise
typos, omg

2 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

At 47:10 patch mentions the CLPP — Community Land Partnership Program and says there's a wiki page about it, but https://search.secondlife.com/ gives 0 hits for "CPPP" and 10 thousand SEO spam mis-hits for "Community Land Partnership Program" (because serach engines everywhere has become useless these days 😠). Any tips?

This one? https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Land_Partnership_Program

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The land regions for the 2048 m parcels are still hidden on the map, but the new water regions are showing.

June27-RanchHomesandwaterregions_001.thumb.jpg.f4caa6bc4af8327fc4559f72ea2a38d9.jpg

Vic Island shows on the map now and we can enter the new regions. At least 2 of the new regions have had Moles working on new houses in them.

June28-VicIsland_001.thumb.jpg.93b2bae2c9742718a7695b42c7c03384.jpg

Here's a Victorian going in at Groenwold.

June27-SSPGroenewold_001.thumb.jpg.d82969929633e0d587ad1ed842796cb6.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Updated Vic Island picture - June 28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ranchcoast28Jun2023.thumb.jpg.c73103074909b31235b7e3115ec26b16.jpg

Ranch's southeast coastline and the wider strait of sea between Logs and Stilts are both visible on world map now.

I noticed from a brief inworld visit there today that Ranch's region-wide black covers are all gone now, but the world map still hasn't updated enough just yet. Hopefully, we'll see all the regions more clearly Soon™.

It's still completely empty in the mysterious Ranch region of Overall, which was the last of the present 28 Ranch regions to appear last week. Overall is still perfectly flat and has not yet been terraformed.

Could a Ranch themed community centre be going into Overall, I wonder? Or a small regional aircraft landing strip? Or possibly a Cornfield?!

I've just noticed that Overall is not only a Protected Region, but is also a Homestead region with 5000 prim and 20 person limits. Hmm....

No signs of new choo choo tracks in Ranch either.  I imagine they'd only appear after more Log north coastline and railway tracks (and bridges?) are created to warrant the need for Ranch tracks just yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5