How honest would you be?

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While you should be truthful in the information given, you do not have to give all info about yourself right up front.  Nobody really wants to hear "Warning, I am bat***** crazy and will soon go off my rocker" on a first date - or even before the first date, just during a get-to-know-you conversation.

Alonya makes a wonderful distinction between honesty and truthfulness.  I'm reminded of the tales about the Sidhe, the faery folk.  It is said that they are always truthful...in fact, they are incapable of saying anything that is not true.  Nonetheless, they are almost always dishonest and are masters of deceiving with the truth.  I think a lot of politicians and lawyers must have Sidhe blood.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Alonya makes a wonderful distinction between honesty and truthfulness.  I'm reminded of the tales about the Sidhe, the faery folk.  It is said that they are always truthful...in fact, they are incapable of saying anything that is not true.  Nonetheless, they are almost always dishonest and are masters of deceiving with the truth.  I think a lot of politicians and lawyers must have Sidhe blood.

But the truth is out there.................*innocent gaze*.............

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, Alyona Su said:

Always be honest within reason (as in the cartoon, you can be frank about it or you can soften it politely). You should, however, always be truthful. The thing is that we are just so impatient and want that romantic thing NAO!

And therein lies the secret to a happy Second Life ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 4:00 AM, Derekmate said:

So I'm thinking going out and dating again. 

What is great but I don't know how honest should I be in the beginning? Ok I know totally, is the best. But I don't want to start the whole thing that I go from Ha ha funny to loco in five sec. 

With out any sign what going to happen. 

Life with me is like a roller coaster. The hole world can go upside down any minute and  the screaming and shouting is guaranteed.

And i putted in the wrong place.

You dont need to give your life story, but as this is not real face to face interaction, find out if your expectations and hers on the want and how far ought to be same.  Get that clarified early.

If you dont wish to be rushed, burned, hurt or end up with a psycho, there is no guarantee of happiness without some risk. Use your head and your gut, not only your heart, recognize the red flags if any. 

Edited by iamwakingup

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, Alyona Su said:

I've tried the AVmatch thing (a general waste of time) and I am propositioned often for whatever, "do you role-play?" as code for "Do you *copulate* at the drop of a hat?* LOL Hell, they can't even ask the question directly (truthful, but in a gray area of honesty, I think).

Actually Av Match isn't a total waste of time, cos i met my SL BF on it, we friend zoned each other for a year,(went to clubs, danced no romantic stuff) and then got together in May this year :P (exactly a year after we met :P But yeah it was a bit like sorting the wheat from the chaff hahaha.

You do need truth in any relationship, i try to be like i am in rl, if you try to be something you aren't, well you just trip yourself up.

If you can't be honest and truthful in a relationship, there is no relationship. Relationships, even just friendships, must be built on a solid foundation. That foundation is honesty and truthfulness. Without those two things, you are only letting yourself in for a world of hurt. Both in RL and online.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.