Alexa Linden

Bakes on Mesh Feedback Thread

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

I get the feeling a large portion of them are old textured clothing business owners. They look back at the previous decade with their rose-coloured glasses, recalling how anyone with a few graphic skills and a copy of Gimp. could make texture clothes. They moan incessantly how mesh was the death of the creativity and how fashion suffered when mesh clothes came along. Their businesses faded way with the passing of that decade, and since the end of those glory days nobody but a few 2004 fossils wanted those painted on things any more.

Now they have hope again, they want it rushed out half finished, because they believe they can restart their 2006 era businesses in all their vintage glory. They see promises of waterfalls of L$ falling before their eyes while they imagine a return to the heady days of leisure suits, flares, polyester, padded shoulders, texture clothing, prim bulges, and flexi skirts.

I am one of those who made system clothing way back ... have absolutely no plans to make system clothing aside from stockings, which I never stopped making. I don't think there are many creators who think or want to go back to the old painted on system clothing look. Applier clothing is only useful in a very few instances like for layering under mesh clothing, undies, stockings, and for some who don't like the look of long mesh skirts and still cling to having flexi movement in ballgowns.

The biggest reason I am excited and don't want to wait for the project to be released is the ability to wear multiple layers with alpha channels that do NOT glitch. I love wearing tats with stockings and lace panties. We can't do that with the current onion skin bodies. I'm looking forward to being able to wear multiple tattoos as well. Although, I don't really see how we can have stockings without at least one onion layer so that the stockings have the proper toe and do not wrap around the individual toes of the feet.

Also, I'm excited that we won't have to depend on alpha cuts on the bodies for our fitted mesh clothing. Unfortunately no matter how many alpha cuts we were given some necklines simply never worked well. With BoM we will be able to make custom alphas for individual pieces of clothing the way we were able to back in the standardized mesh clothing days.

I've always been the impatient type. I want everything yesterday, so it's natural for me to not want to wait. Especially when the features they are asking us to wait on can be implemented later. Not waiting doesn't mean that those features are dead. And perhaps, if the system is out and there are a lot of people still asking for those features, in the long run we might end up with those features implemented sooner than we would have if we simply waited for all the features to get included before the release. 

• Like 1

Personally I want onion skin bodies to disappear for ever. And why stop there, get rid of their creator too  because anyone who thought "hey this is gonna be just fine" Should be considered too incompetent to have mesh upload rights.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2018 at 10:39 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I've always been the impatient type. I want everything yesterday, so it's natural for me to not want to wait. Especially when the features they are asking us to wait on can be implemented later. Not waiting doesn't mean that those features are dead. And perhaps, if the system is out and there are a lot of people still asking for those features, in the long run we might end up with those features implemented sooner than we would have if we simply waited for all the features to get included before the release. 

Yes, i agree 100% - I still use my classic body with slink hands with some outfits, I dont wear the mesh body 100% of time and some painted thirts under a jacket wont hurt anyone. Also I want to be able to wear other skins with my head cause lets face it, there is a brand that dominates the market, and if you have a different head, you can hardly find appliers for it (specially of you are a guy). I am not saying bad things about the dominating brand, she is an amazing creator, her heads are amazing - but I happen to have a different one, so not many options there. And I want to have options !

On 20 May 2018 at 2:39 PM, Blush Bravin said:

the ability to wear multiple layers with alpha channels that do NOT glitch.

LL have had 15 years to fix that... They might even have done so if they didn't muck about with special projects for special users, requested at the damn "Lick-A-Linden" meetings by the un-chosen few.

E£very dev-hour and $ wasted on Bake-Fail is a dev-hour and $ that COULD of been spent on something ACTUALLY useful.

43 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

LL have had 15 years to fix that... They might even have done so if they didn't muck about with special projects for special users, requested at the damn "Lick-A-Linden" meetings by the un-chosen few.

E£very dev-hour and $ wasted on Bake-Fail is a dev-hour and $ that COULD of been spent on something ACTUALLY useful.

Of course they could... *snort*

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/shawnhar/2009/02/18/depth-sorting-alpha-blended-objects/

Note how many cases are, "You can't fix that; don't do it."

• Like 1