Upcoming Premium Levels - speculations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Eep. That just reminded me of something. Some of us are still collecting higher stipends -- L$500 and for a very few L$400 -- and I think there are still a few that stayed Basic and collect L$50/wk just for logging in (or maybe even logging in isn't required, but I know it goes poof if the account ever goes Premium).

I don't see this as being anything like the Homestead fiasco, where LL simply changed their minds, and cost users a lot of money, although they did give refunds when asked. Because of the grandfathered things you mentioned, my view of LL is that they don't do away with existing benefits that were offered as permanent when they come up with changes. So I can't see them reigning in your L$500/wk stipend. But, if you're worried, pay me half what you get above what I get (500 - 300 = 200. 200 / 2 = L$100/wk) and I won't mention to LL that you're still getting it :)

10 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Another perk of the Ancien Régime, before even my time: lifetime Premium status with 4096sq.m. tier-free forever, for a one-time fee. That would be quite something to see offered again.

It certainly would! And LL has a history of offering deals that are permanent, such as the relatively recent buy-down. So you never know. On the other hand, perhaps it's better they don't do it, because you know what you're like when you get hold of a piece of mainland - you break it!

;)

• Haha 2

On 3/24/2018 at 1:32 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

In my opinion, merchants are best staying on MP with 0L demos... and a small 512m spot on a quiet sim, maybe even next to their home... that visually showcases their current top and newest products in a display designed to give you an 'experience' / brand-identity connection.

That sounds like exactly what I'd want, actually.  I'd pay premium for that.

1 hour ago, MegaRose said:

That sounds like exactly what I'd want, actually.  I'd pay premium for that.

For $72 / year, you can become premium and get 1024 sqm of tier.  Then you could buy a 1024 spot, use half of it for your home and the other half for a small shop.  So you are out the $72 up front plus the purchase price of the land.  As long as you are good with interior land, not on a waterway or road, you should be able to get something for a reasonable price.  LL will even toss L$300 per week your way.  If you want to save part or all of that, you could cash some out at the end of your year to offset your yearly premium renewal fee.

On 24.3.2018 at 9:32 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

In my opinion, merchants are best staying on MP with 0L demos... and a small 512m spot on a quiet sim, maybe even next to their home... that visually showcases their current top and newest products in a display designed to give you an 'experience' / brand-identity connection.

look up MP rules https://marketplace.secondlife.com/de-DE/listing_guidelines

go to "Disallowed Actions" > "Non item listings"

What you recommend here, does not seem to be allowed ;)

You might however be allowed to sell a minimalistic HUD or one colour outfit on MP and sell all the really good addon stuff in an inworld store (but might however not be allowed to advertise this in your MP description, disclaimer: I'm no legal expert, I'm not even from the US, please consult a lawyer if you are not sure about the TOS)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

The Uber Premium will be as follows:

01..LL will only lock out your source of payment (for no reason) once per year instead of at staggered intervals.

02..All vanishing Inventory items will now be returned to you when you die. Death certificate required.

03..LL agrees to keep charging all Uber Premium members the same tier-prices from this point forward; even if tier prices drop in the future to attract new residents. You’re guaranteed!

04..All Uber Premium members get a free Linden Home with extra-thick Premium Walls. They don’t look any different, but when people see the Uber Premium tag; they’ll know how thick you are :-)

Kidding..........  /ducks

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Haha 5

I don't really have any better speculations than anyone else has already mentioned. (but I'm also battling an uber nasty cold, a wicked case of strep and a 103 fever to go along with it, so...my brain, she is mush)

I can, however, list the things that would draw me to purchasing a premium account-all of them, not just some, but all, otherwise premium is rather useless to me. Some have already been mentioned, but I'm gonna do it anyway...and yes I know some of them are pipe dreams.will never happen lol. 

-no more than the current price of $72 per year

-no less than 2048 "free" land-be it linden home or mainland

-no less than $200L per week stipend, lowered due to having more land being given as a benefit

-support available 24/7, be it through a ticket system, live chat, phone, whatever is necessary, with ticket responses taking no more than 24 hours (not 24-48 business hours, but actual hours)

-better MP support, a more streamlined MP-using ALL of the ideas/fixes/suggestions we have been discussing for years, the vast majority of persistent issues with the MP being remedied or well on their way to being so, with proof that such is actually happening beyond "we know it's an issue, we will fix it, eventually....maybe", this also includes issues like not getting notified when a review is left which has been an issue since MP's inception and never really addressed, likely because it doesn't seem to affect everyone (or at least, not *enough people to warrant a closer look) which has been such a thorn in my side-especially when customers use the review to make complaints that COULD be solved much quicker if we had instant notification of an issue...sigh

-an inworld mesh creation tool-available *only* to premium members, similar to our current existing building tool for prim creation, ie for basic (optimized, of course) mesh creations, I'd use the ***** out of that tool :D  (actually, this one is my favorite, I think it would go a very long way to aid in the longevity of creators, promotion of new creators and generally increase interest in sl, and I've been suggesting it since mesh was still being planned out. I'd even be willing to not have any stipend at all if this was included)

All of the other perks available both currently and a lot of those suggested by others, I have absolutely no interest in. I don't need premium sandboxes, I don't need more group slots, I don't need premium access to full sims, I don't want gifts(especially those that are so prim/LI heavy you can't even use them, or just generally useless to begin with, lol). I really just want things I'd actually use, or rather, be able to use when/if needed. All of these combined, hell yes, I'd go premium. I'd even premium an alt or two, maybe more, which would benefit LL even more, so that's a win-win scenario. 

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

look up MP rules https://marketplace.secondlife.com/de-DE/listing_guidelines

go to "Disallowed Actions" > "Non item listings"

What you recommend here, does not seem to be allowed ;)

You might however be allowed to sell a minimalistic HUD or one colour outfit on MP and sell all the really good addon stuff in an inworld store (but might however not be allowed to advertise this in your MP description, disclaimer: I'm no legal expert, I'm not even from the US, please consult a lawyer if you are not sure about the TOS)

Um... MP is full of items for sale for $0L. Pretty sure that is fully allowed.

Are you perhaps mistakingly believing I intended people to not sell their actual product as well?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Um... MP is full of items for sale for $0L. Pretty sure that is fully allowed.

I know. I currently only sell one 0L item myself. But there is a difference between freebies and demoes without a linked full product ;)

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I know. I currently only sell one 0L item myself. But there is a difference between freebies and demoes without a linked full product ;)

Where did I ever even hint that I was suggesting that?

It looks like you're reading meaning into my omissions. There's a big problem of a lack of demos for products - so I wanted to call attention to such. But that's the end of that, nothing more to be read in there.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For $72 / year, you can become premium and get 1024 sqm of tier.  Then you could buy a 1024 spot, use half of it for your home and the other half for a small shop.

Or... Have a 1024 store on the ground or in the sky, and a home on the same 1024 either on the ground or in the sky. That's how I'd arrange it.

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Or... Have a 1024 store on the ground or in the sky, and a home on the same 1024 either on the ground or in the sky. That's how I'd arrange it.

That's exactly how my 1024sqm is laid out works out better you can have two or more up to 32 x 32  buildings rezzed at any height with out sacrificing size the only thing you have to worry about is the available prims/land impact you have left for a home space once you've kitted out a store

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Where did I ever even hint that I was suggesting that?

It looks like you're reading meaning into my omissions. There's a big problem of a lack of demos for products - so I wanted to call attention to such. But that's the end of that, nothing more to be read in there.

Ah see, yes indeed I was reading your post that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

9 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Ah see, yes indeed I was reading your post that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It was past my bedtime when I typed my previous reply. I know it reads somewhat hostile. I didn't want it to... and I knew it read badly when I typed it... but I was too tried to be able to fix it...

I also see that my earlier comment was 'vaguely worded' and didn't convey my intent as well as it could have... making it very easy to be misread...

I think yesterday I actually managed to almost faceplant on my keyboard...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.