Upcoming Premium Levels - speculations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We're recently been told to expect various levels of Premium membership, instead of just the one Premium status that we have now. So I think it might be pleasant to speculate as to what might be in the various levels. Please post your ideas. Here are my first ideas (posted already in a different thread) :-

1. Cost: It's probable that the higher the level, the greater the cost will be, although it could be that different levels come with different sets of things/perks, but all have the same cost.

2. The higher the level (cost), the more tier-free land allowance. That would be in keeping with the recent changes to tier costs and land allowance, which must be about getting more mainland into use.

Edited by Phil Deakins

15 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Yep, now only USA business hours.

That's live chat support, isn't it? and available to all Premium members? Concierge status was different, I think. It's been a long time since I had Concierge status, and I don't remember what the difference was.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

That's live chat support, isn't it? and available to all Premium members? Concierge status was different, I think. It's been a long time since I had Concierge status, and I don't remember what the difference was.

Concierge was mostly live chat, they opened it to everyone with premium too a few years back.

Then they removed the main feature substantial landholders needed - the ability to get 24 hour help.

So, it's pretty much gone. USA Business hours live chat that all premium members can access.

• Thanks 1

Concierge

Any account that owns an estate, pays for an estate, or pays tier for more than half a region's worth of mainland parcels qualifies as a Concierge account.

With a Concierge account, you also have access to a special live chat area and phone number through the support portal

The special livechat is the same one, and only business hours.

Edited by Callum Meriman

ETA: This was written with a higher or the highest new premium tier in mind!

Looking at the current benefits I'll make a little list.

I think they'll increase:

* Weekly Stipend
* Signup Bonus
* Size of a Linden Home/Linden Home Plot from 512 to 1024
* Increased free tier land sizes

Other things:

* Highest priority entry on full sims
* 24 hour support instead of USA business hours
* More Premium gifts or premium gifts exlusive to a certain premium tier
* New Premium Areas locked behind different premium tiers, pay the highest to visit them all
* Further increase on capped IM's
* Further increase on group slots
* More Transaction History Tools
* Lower comissions for MP sales (they did mention they might raise those)

That's all I can think of for now, let me see if anything else pops up in my mind later on!

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 1

So the difference between a non-concierge Premium account and a concierge one is that the concierge gets access to a "special live chat area and phone number. Whereas the ordinary Premium get access to live chat - no special area - and no phone number. I wonder how the "special live chat area" differs from the mere Premium's "live chat". lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins

4 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I think they'll increase:

* Weekly Stipend
* Signup Bonus
* Size of a Linden Home/Linden Home Plot from 512 to 1024

I do like those ideas.

They said they were going to update the Linden Homes, so upgrading to 512s and 1024s would be right in keeping with it. 512s for low level(s) of Premium, and 1024s for higher level(s).

Edited by Phil Deakins

Or perhaps we're looking at this the wrong way and it's not a Premium Level deal, aka the highest level would have all what is offered in the lower ones. Maybe it's all on the same level but different packages? Like it was mentioned maybe a Concierge premium, a merchant/builders premium, A socialite premium, a home owners premium and one could perhaps mix and match the different packages. Has there been any specific info on this?

Edited by Syn Anatine
Gosh my english today is riley gud!

Different level of live chat support based on land ownership;

Full region = current professional-level live chat
Half region = interns live chat
1024m² = whoever's in the office live chat

:D

But seriously though I think it will be a collection of different combinations of the whole benefits we have now :D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Maybe it's all on the same level but different packages?

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

1. Cost: It's probable that the higher the level, the greater the cost will be, although it could be that different levels come with different sets of things/perks, but all have the same cost.

It could well be.

If I were responsible for marketing SL's Premium program, I'd be very unsure how to group the features. Until now, it's combined Mainland ownership and Stipend subscription, along with some ancillary perks.

The Lab should always want to encourage Mainland ownership, especially if they can tempt customers into paying additional fees for more land, so maybe Land should stay in the "first tier" of Premium.

They have no interest, however, in luring existing Estate renters to the Mainland, inasmuch as the Lab nets about the same from both categories of land. And yet those Estate renters are a big, largely untapped market for some Premium product subscription.

Stipends are an important way the Lab monetizes the L$. Every week they source a pile of freshly-minted L$s to recurring subscribers, in exchange for their Premium membership fees. If those folks instead bought their L$s on the Lindex, they'd pay slightly less -- and some would buy substantially less than what the stipend automatically deposits to their L$ balance. 

It feels like a classic feature "bundle" familiar to mobile / phone / cable subscribers. Probably there's a whole economic theory of how to optimize those for marketing advantage -- of which I know absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

the Lab nets about the same from both categories of land.

Tyche suggests otherwise http://www.gridsurvey.com/ but I guess nobody knows. Where do you get your figures that mainland and private give the lab the same?

• Monthly Tier Estimates - Private Estates c.US$2.970 Million, Mainland c.US$0.704 Million

I'm imagining 2 levels - the current one, and a lower one. The current one gets what we get now, with perhaps a 100L stipend increase, and a 1024 Linden Home, plus maybe a bit better support. The lower one, costing less of course, gets 512 tier free, a 512 Linden Home, the current stipend, or maybe less, and possibly slightly less support than we have now. So I'm thinking that current Premiums are pretty much the high level.

And maybe a 3rd, higher, level, not costing much more than now, but gets 2048 tier-free.

I do like to think in simple terms :)

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.