Why do I need SL

Bully88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Topics like this always remind me of Steve martin.. That movie the jerk was so funny..hehehehe

"And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this.

[picks up an ashtray]

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

[walking outside]

The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.

[outside now] And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

[dog growls ]

I don't need my dog."

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Topics like this always remind me of Steve martin.. That movie the jerk was so funny..hehehehe

"And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this.

[picks up an ashtray]

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

[walking outside]

The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.

[dog growls ]

I don't need my dog."

Can I have the dog? 

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

[picks up an ashtray]

[walking outside]

[dog growls ]

I don't need my dog."

Wasn’t the dog’s name “sh*thead”?

21 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

[picks up an ashtray]

[walking outside]

[dog growls ]

I don't need my dog."

I used to date this guy in high school, our "song" was The Thermos Song!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, anna2358 said:

There's no hope for me.

I detest vinegar (and Mayo), tastes of wine that's gone off.

Making your own mayo is extremely easy and a great way to impress your friends.  You do need a blender, tho.

The basic recipe is egg yolk, an acidic liquid and oil.  That's all you need

I don't like distilled white vinegar for anything other than cleaning.  White balsamic vinegar works well. So does plain lemon juice.

You can use a whole egg but only the yolk is needed for the emulsifier.

Oil can be EVOO, saflower oil, peanut oil, sesame infused canola oil ... whatever you like.

Herbs and seasoning are optional.  I like dill, white pepper and salt.  Mustard powder is very common.  Wasibi powder will give it a nice kick, too.  Almost any powdered or dried spice and herbs can be used.   Powdered ginger, dried parsley,  onion and garlic powders, tarragon, curry, ... use a little or use a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no problem with the ingredients of mayo individually.  Mayo itself, though, does not agree with me.  Even just smelling it turns my stomach.  I can eat potato salad or deviled eggs which likely have mayo in them, but only when they also clearly have mustard and their color is more on the yellow side.  (Though after seeing that image above of the Japanese mayo made with just egg yolks, which has a yellow color, I may have to work a bit harder to convince my brain.)

In the area where I live, it is not customary for hotdogs to be served with mayo on the bun.  We have found at least two counties on the other side of the state, where if you order a hotdog it comes automatically with mayo on the bun, and if you express surprise at that, the waitperson is surprised that you're surprised at that.  

• Like 1

In my house, it's the battle between Hellmans and Miracle Whip. We all know Miracle Whip is NOT mayo, but can we all agree that it is DISGUSTING??! :P It tastes "fake" to me, it almost has a synthetic taste, Yuck. I have to buy jars of both to make the fam happy (weirdos)

18 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

We have found at least two counties on the other side of the state, where if you order a hotdog it comes automatically with mayo on the bun,

*bleh*   I even get surprised if I order a hamburger somewhere and it automatically comes with mayo on it.  I grew up with ketchup and mustard being the normal default dressings put on hot dogs and hamburgers.  As I got older, I accepted other things on hamburgers - BBQ sauce, spicy hot wing type sauce, a few other things - though none of those other sauces ever get combined with mustard or ketchup.

I can tolerate mayo in various dishes as long as the taste isn't strong.  Like you, I need more mustard or other things to cover the mayo taste.

IMO, Miracle Whip and Mayo both taste equally disgusting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

McD's Big Mac special sauce is mayo, mustard and sweet pickle relish whisked together.

Yep, this is why I never cared too much for the Big Mac - I could eat one since the sauce isn't heavy, but definitely not my preference.  I'm not a big one for Thousand Island dressing either.

• Like 1

A proper, home-made mayo is hard to beat though.

As for miracle whip - I was about to state we probably wouldn't even let it into the country with our strict food safety laws, but, apparently you can get your hands on it through private retailers. One look on the ingredient list made me frown, though. Why would anyone eat that?

Oh and, for all of you who think making mayo is scary because of the emulsifying and the horrid, soupy result you get if you fail and think the store-bought is just so much more convenient, I present to you my favorite TV chef. Well, YouTube chef. Chef John! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.