A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Catwa is famous for Duck Lips.

The somewhat-fix is to drop your mouth corners. (and not looking at the side profile, as you do in cuddle poses)

tried that of course..., still looked sh*te... I don´t consider the lips in my version of the shape too ducky, considering to what I see on the grid or worse on flickr... DAMN xD  but yeah...hm... guess that´s still more research, maybe contact the creators, maybe even leave suggestions for another head...who knows...they prolly won´t use it but at least I tried? IDK...too tired and my cats are PITA this morning... meh...

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

May be small consolation, but perhaps corner issues are only noticed in closeups? But now you can’t unsee it.

i know but... RIGHT? xD idk what to do about it... that´s the main thing that bugs me... plus I still don´t really look like myself xD GAWD!

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Keep searching head brands that aren’t duck lips? Start a thread and ask?

that´s not the point....

it was the second one of the new batch of demos I have bought... I came here to RANT... just to effin gddmn RANT....  from what the posters said and the supply with extra stuff and all that Catwa would still be my fave, I just cant alter and test more than one shape and head at once or I´ll get a effin heart attack over that sht triggering the living hell out of me...

that´s no use to open a thread... that´s nothing ppl can help me with if I already grabbed the demos...they can´t alter it for me (well hm... wait...they could alter the shapes... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... ^^) and it´s a mix of shape, head and skin and make up... (btw I gotta check back with mock to see about appliers...) it will take time and LOAAAAAAAAADS of rants till I finally skip that sht for good or manage to find one....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

that´s not the point....

it was the second one of the new batch of demos I have bought... I came here to RANT... just to effin gddmn RANT....  from what the posters said and the supply with extra stuff and all that Catwa would still be my fave, I just cant alter and test more than one shape and head at once or I´ll get a effin heart attack over that sht triggering the living hell out of me...

that´s no use to open a thread... that´s nothing ppl can help me with if I already grabbed the demos...they can´t alter it for me (well hm... wait...they could alter the shapes... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... ^^) and it´s a mix of shape, head and skin and make up... (btw I gotta check back with mock to see about appliers...) it will take time and LOAAAAAAAAADS of rants till I finally skip that sht for good or manage to find one....

Ranting is good!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

5ab6bff32fd2f_1KashaCustomPerfectionBentoFace.jpg.cbd243402850483d7bd9ac848f4e0f63.jpg

forgive me the lousy cropping but yeah
that´s what it looks like with Catwa´s Kathy:

5ab6c0342e05c_1KashaCatwaKathyFrontal_001.thumb.jpg.6edea74f610c3e92c29f9f41bd253f7f.jpg

Now... it´s amost adorable, actually quite recognizable... BUT!!!!!!!!! the lips... with my system head the lip reaches all the way to the corner, with ANY Mesh head there´s a little bit on each side without "lip flesh" - now... no matter how I change the lips... that´s still there...won´t go away...

This is how the lips are in Vista Lia head. Enough flesh on the lips or not?

2018-03-25_Vista-Lia_Lips.jpg.fd802bd0b0b2ecd1624cc63de507a6ad.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden

2 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

This is how the lips are in Vista Lia head. Enough flesh on the lips or not?

2018-03-25_Vista-Lia_Lips.jpg.fd802bd0b0b2ecd1624cc63de507a6ad.jpg

that´s it, yeah....but meh... the vista demos were... meh.. plus catwa and ... at times lelutka you find everywhere... and else you have to deal with omega and this and that and mehhhhh.... 

Maybe it's a Catwa issue, try other brands, I don't have Catwa or Vista and I don't have the issues. Maybe it's not even the Catwa, maybe it's just the supplied skin. Can you demo other 3rd party skin demos on the Catwa head?

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

Maybe it's a Catwa issue, try other brands, I don't have Catwa or Vista and I don't have the issues. Maybe it's not even the Catwa, maybe it's just the supplied skin. Can you demo other 3rd party skin demos on the Catwa head?

The issue really is that in many heads the lips actually are modeled to be duck lips.
No skin or shape adjusting will not make the duck lip effect to go away on those heads.

However there are some bento mesh heads with nice non-duck lips.
(For example Vista Lia has nice lips, but then Vista Diana has duck lips, aarrgghhh...)

14 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

...as I´ve stated before.....

it´s ALWAYS a mix... and it was not a question it was a RANT....ffsppl I know you´re just trying to help but weßre in the DERAIL thread... not in a "I don´t have a effin clue what I´m doing" thread xD 

and there IS a 3rd party skin (i.e. GlamAffair) ... I stopped before trying 7DS cos one second longer and I´d have trashed my laptop´s display .... Sooner or later I´m going to ask Catwa herself if there´s gonna be a head without that and when and for how much xD 

The other heads look even worse in my not really humble opinion.... when my rage stops I´ll continue the research and demo and will  rant again (just purely rant to avoid heartburns - or try to.... or worse... I swear... it can´t be THAT hard to get a head right, eh? Stupid heads.... "Modify them to your needs" MY A....."§%&"!!"!!! :D:D:S:S:(:(>:(>:(

Rdit: cries because mock appearantly didn´t go appliers/mesh yet... meehhhh her and Wicked Tattoos... PLEAAAAASE.... ;-; 

Edited by Akasha Sternberg

1 minute ago, Coby Foden said:

The issue really is that in many heads the lips actually are modeled to be duck lips.

Yes, but even when I successfully shrunk my trout pout to a level that does not say "I have a love afair with a botox salesmen" the corners of my lips still have lip texture on it, which seems Akasha's problem with the head she's demoing, her pictures shows lip texture the way you would maybe apply lipstick, but your actually lips go out all to the corner.

14 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Yes, but even when I successfully shrunk my trout pout to a level that does not say "I have a love afair with a botox salesmen" the corners of my lips still have lip texture on it, which seems Akasha's problem with the head she's demoing, her pictures shows lip texture the way you would maybe apply lipstick, but your actually lips go out all to the corner.

Was thinking, maybe makeup/new head skin will give you a look you like better.

11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Yes, the lips corner problem what Akasha showed depends on how the lipstick is made.
I guess in many heads the corner problem can be minimized - in some heads more, in some less - with well made lipstick.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And this is why I'm still not even considering a mesh head.  I just really do not feel like dealint with all of the issues.

I’ve had no issues yet except the learning curve. Especially which huds do what and how.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve had no issues yet except the learning curve. Especially which huds do what and how.

Yes, but you are creating an entirely new look.  I would be replacing and attempting to recreating an existing look - a much harder process with the mesh heads.

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, but you are creating an entirely new look.  I would be replacing and attempting to recreating an existing look - a much harder process with the mesh heads.

Got it. I learned how hard that is with my new male - you can’t make eyes nearly as big, at least with Belleza Jake, as the System legacy avatar, without massive distortion.

*Edit* Sorry, didn't know which issues you were referring to without a quote, then I realized you were referring to the lips discussion.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I would be replacing and attempting to recreating an existing look - a much harder process with the mesh heads.

For me it sure took long time to test different mesh heads before I finally bought one, not so long ago. I liked my system head a lot, it had taken years of tweaking it to its present stage. So I grew to see it as me. The thing that started to bug me lately was the static appearance, no animations on it except for the eye blinking.

When I got the mesh head I didn't even try to imitate the exact system head looks on it. I just tweaked it a little bit here and there so that I was pleased with the looks.
I feel that my mesh head looks prettier than my system head, somewhat different but nicer. The subtle animations really make a big difference too, they give life to the head.

I consider my going from system head to mesh like a very successful virtual plastic surgery. I'm pleased.
- - - -
Anyway, system heads can be made very beautiful too with nice skin.
So there is no hurry to go to mesh if there is no personal need for facial animations.
- - - -

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.