A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Under some planks in an old wood floor I'm replacing, I found strips of the Milwaukee Journal, Dec 24, 1959, used as shims. One strip appears to be from the classified ads, and contains this:

Joe - you took my wife, my car, and my bowling ball.
Return the bowling ball and all is forgiven.

;-).

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If you ever sprout the idea to eat an entire small watermelon, don't do it!

I had to get up four times last night.

I should get a Peebody award.

Next time, spike it with rum.  At least you'll go to bed mellow.

• Like 2

You know how a single sock will randomly disappear when doing the laundry?  Then suddenly a few weeks later you have another single sock when you pull things from the dryer?  What do you think the chances are that the missing sock came back versus another one got eaten?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You know how a single sock will randomly disappear when doing the laundry?  Then suddenly a few weeks later you have another single sock when you pull things from the dryer?  What do you think the chances are that the missing sock came back versus another one got eaten?

I heard a theory once that socks have the ability to turn into coathangers. Normally when a sock goes missing, go check and count your coat hangers, they will have increased in number.

• Haha 4

When I check my coat hangers, I usually find that they have forgotten clothing hanging on them. I have a fine collection of things that I haven't worn since I was a different size or mood, or since particular fabrics or color combinations became unpopular mysteriously. When I can't find coat hangers, I often find that they are guarding the archives.

• Like 3

We may well have been separated at birth, Rolig. If there's a difference in our experiences with forgotten clothing on coat hangers, it's probably only in the amount of dust we have to slap away to determine what color an item is. I'm just lazy enough to think that "red oak" is the perfect color for a blouse.

• Like 2

I live and work/drive in wine country. Often on gravel roads. Apparently, dust isn't good for grapevines. Some vineyards, realizing that asking drivers to "raise no dust" doesn't really work, opt instead to have their roads coated. They grow stuff that is meant to be, ultimately, consumed, so I can hardly blame them for seeking eco-friendly road treatments. But still, I can only describe the result of having to drive over roads that are coated with what smells like barbecue sauce as "Gross".

• Sad 1

That feeling when you're dancing at a club and you're unfamiliar with the dance ball. You try out different dances, with names that mean nothing to you. "Nope, not my style. Nope not that. Nope, too slow for this tune. Nope too fast. NOPE, omg definitely not my style. Nope nope... oh! here we go....."  *song changes*

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

That feeling when you're dancing at a club and you're unfamiliar with the dance ball. You try out different dances, with names that mean nothing to you. "Nope, not my style. Nope not that. Nope, too slow for this tune. Nope too fast. NOPE, omg definitely not my style. Nope nope... oh! here we go....."  *song changes*

One twink club I sometimes visit (Hi Hilver) is very much into line dancing, so the couples ball has two iffy dances and a pile of second rate sex poses.

I am glad for the TIS Fusion at those times, I can rez their balls and use my own couple dances.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.