A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Very VERY stupid moment here...

so I´ve been cleaning out my inventory - starting with the dropbox folder cos... pics  and moved them into my "Delete that Sh.." folder... folder after folder I browsed - now... SURPRISE!!!!! I need to find all that stuff in my inworld inventory

this will take ages to find all that stuff...

as soon as I found everything I´ll just go back to folder on dropbox -> folder on inventory, as soon as everything´s deleted -> next folder xD

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Which needed to be named THE five word story thread so the that the title had five words, too.

One of several threads I tired of searching for until I resorted to bookmarks. Thanks for posting in it, my reply is a tongue-in-cheek reference to a post!

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

One of several threads I tired of searching for until I resorted to bookmarks. Thanks for posting in it, my reply is a tongue-in-cheek reference to a post!

Maybe I should go take a look at the five word story thread also - some of the other threads I'm reading today are giving me a headache. 

• Like 1

I didn't want be all negative nancy in the event thread so you get it here =~.^=

I was unimpressed with Skin Fair and I looked at every booth.

• Lack of fantasy skins, no not everyone was set up but I'm familiar with enough of those to know they probably won't have fantasy skins either
  • there's more makeup/tattoos/shapes than you might expect at a skin fair
  • I'm not a big fan of the "morph" pictures and I definitely don't think they should be used for in-world skin ads/vendors
  • One shop had stuff covering the vendors. No it wasn't something I was interested in but someone might be and you couldn't see the vendor pics without some serious camming or de-render
  • If you don't have a mesh body and big name head you may get discouraged as you window shop
  • Lack of gifts this year

On the other side though, I did buy 1 or 2 things and grabbed some demos. I did see some gorgeous ethnic skins, but most offered tones in the mid ranges.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I didn't want be all negative nancy in the event thread so you get it here =~.^=

• Lack of fantasy skins, no not everyone was set up but I'm familiar with enough of those to know they probably won't have fantasy skins either
  • I'm not a big fan of the "morph" pictures and I definitely don't think they should be used for in-world skin ads/vendors
  • One shop had stuff covering the vendors. No it wasn't something I was interested in but someone might be and you couldn't see the vendor pics without some serious camming or de-render
  • If you don't have a mesh body and big name head you may get discouraged as you window shop

On the other side though, I did buy 1 or 2 things and grabbed some demos. I did see some gorgeous ethnic skins, but most offered tones in the mid ranges.

you saved me some money :x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Well, I guess I don't need to go then.  I was mostly just interested in maybe picking up a few fantasy skins for a few looks I wanted to put together.  Since I would still need a classic skin due to no mesh head, that doubly lets me out.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I guess I don't need to go then.  I was mostly just interested in maybe picking up a few fantasy skins for a few looks I wanted to put together.  Since I would still need a classic skin due to no mesh head, that doubly lets me out.

Stix will have all her body and ear appliers available for free while at the fair and she always includes full classic skins when she releases a new skin.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, angeoco said:

According to Mesh Body Addicts, it's at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belleza/127/78/26

9_9

Thank, will see if I can get there via direct region + jump, as SLURL’s don’t work for me. 

P.S. When I went to mesh addicts last night, it took me to the store’s website which had a SLURL - guess I should examine that to see if it is the same.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank, will see if I can get there via direct region + jump, as SLURL’s don’t work for me. 

Walk into the store, head past the front desk and it's just to your left in the main room. So left and behind the front desk, on the wall.

Edit, as a hint, try copying the slurl and pasting it into chat... then clicking it.

Edited by Callum Meriman

1 minute ago, Callum Meriman said:

Walk into the store, head past the front desk and it's just to your left in the main room. So left and behind the front desk, on the wall.

Edit, as a hint, try copying the slurl and pasting it into chat... then clicking it.

Yes, I will have to try that as SLURL’s not working is just pathetic. Should have thought to try “copy”, it’s been too many years.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes, I will have to try that as SLURL’s not working is just pathetic. Should have thought to try “copy”, it’s been too many years.

You will find the forum is usually a friendly place to go for advice. There are a few clever people there.

(whispers: Just make sure you use paragraphs and don't be an entitled snowflake, coz they don't like that) :ph34r:xD:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have you tried installing the SLURL Proxy app that the Firestorm folks created?  It fixed all my SLURL issues. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have you tried installing the SLURL Proxy app that the Firestorm folks created?  It fixed all my SLURL issues. 

Will it work for LL viewer? 

I assumed it was just me; wireless mouse won’t click on most links without cussing; but should have worked eventually (maybe SLURL association with SL borked). 

(I use wireless mouse/keyboard due to computer being 20 feet away. No settings that I’ve tried make links work well, that’s why I assumed it was me.)

33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Will it work for LL viewer? 

I assumed it was just me; wireless mouse won’t click on most links without cussing; but should have worked eventually (maybe SLURL association with SL borked). 

(I use wireless mouse/keyboard due to computer being 20 feet away. No settings that I’ve tried make links work well, that’s why I assumed it was me.)

Yes, it will work for SL viewer.  It is possible that the SLURL association got borked, especially if you installed multiple viewers or possibly even because the latest SL viewer is 64-bit and the previous was a 32-bit app.  Totally free app and easy to install and very lightweight, so worth a try anyway.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is possible that the SLURL association got borked, especially if you installed multiple viewers or possibly even because the latest SL viewer is 64-bit and the previous was a 32-bit app.

I had installed multiple viewers first time last year, that’s probably it. But, I’ve use 64-bit for a long time.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.