Jump to content
Dillon Levenque

A Derail Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

...    try copying the slurl and pasting it into chat... then clicking it.

I like this method, because when I click on it after pasting it into chat, it brings up the LM window, and you can double-check to make sure it is still the place you were expecting it to be, before you TP to it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am not amused that it is not obvious that it does not come with a head.

Not obvious, but that's the way these things work. In fact, if you like what you look like now, you're better off keeping the head you know and love. Getting a new head will change your appearance completely.  There's no way that I could do that myself.  After eleven years, I know what I look like.  I gave in and got a mesh body, mostly because it's nearly impossible to get decent looking clothes without one, but I will keep my head forever.  (Say all of this in RL and see how long they let you stay free among normal people.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Got the Belleza. I am not amused that it is not obvious that it does not come with a head. Guess I’m getting head this weekend!

getting head is always a good thing.  lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Not obvious, but that's the way these things work. In fact, if you like what you look like now, you're better off keeping the head you know and love. Getting a new head will change your appearance completely.  There's no way that I could do that myself.  After eleven years, I know what I look like.  I gave in and got a mesh body, mostly because it's nearly impossible to get decent looking clothes without one, but I will keep my head forever.  (Say all of this in RL and see how long they let you stay free among normal people.)

Two points/questions:

1) When I wore the entire Belleza folder, that included a feature that covered whatever my head was with a grey form (kind of like a “blue man group” head). This was confusing because of #2.

2) One one the HUD’s that showed was face/head skin tones. This made me think it should do something. I guess it doesn’t do anything without a mesh head, and I need to remove some stuff to show my original head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I stumbled upon a cool place today (it was mentioned in one of my groups) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fantasy World/147/17/1100

Backdrop City - a pure playground :x:x

I went there last week and ended up finding the perfect backdrop for a project I was working on and so went to the MP and bought my own version.  I will definitely go back to check out some more.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

 Backdrop City - a pure playground :x:x

Someone mentioned it in one of the picture threads a while back.  I've been there a few times, but as of yet have only take a couple of shots there.  They definitely have tons of setups.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I stumbled upon a cool place today (it was mentioned in one of my groups) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fantasy World/147/17/1100

Backdrop City - a pure playground :x:x

OMG!!  I LOVE this place!!  @Orwar introduced me to the place and now I practically live there for my photos. :P   

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husker floof is at the kennel today/tonight due to a planned fun day with my cousin. I had the owner put him next to a young female husky that the kennel owner is about to turn in as abandoned. If they get along,  maybe I can finagle an adoption from the County or another service.

When I pick up mah floof tomorrow, we will let them play together outside supervised to see how they interact. This is exciting, mebbe I will have 2 huskers again!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My husker floof is at the kennel today/tonight due to a planned fun day with my cousin. I had the owner put him next to a young female husky that the kennel owner is about to turn in as abandoned. If they get along,  maybe I can finagle an adoption from the County or another service.

When I pick up mah floof tomorrow, we will let them play together outside supervised to see how they interact. This is exciting, mebbe I will have 2 huskers again!

Hubby and I miss our Huskies, but the timing is not good right now for replacing them.  *sigh*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be and I must know who makes the best best because only the best will do for this best of the best bestie!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't people alpha out everything?? but I'll be darned if if I change the shape of my head slightly to fit a hair.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Didn’t see any Limerick threads or posts over St. Patty’s Day! 

Shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!

We were waiting for you to start one. *pats you*

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

We were waiting for you to start one. *pats you*

Bern working on rhymes for instance “avatar” and “have a car”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There once was a Second Life Fräulein,

Who had an exquisite mesh jawline.

She made her own avatar,

But in RL didn’t have a car

And got all her meals from free chow lines.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...