Problems with Bento/hands

KyleKC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently I am using a male Belleza body with a Catwa head. Although I cannot see this in my viewer, then hands on my avatar get stuck in a "fanned" position. I can see other avatars with the problem, but my hands look normal in my viewer. This doesn't seem to be stuck to one particular mesh avatar and I have noticed it more and more lately on other avatars. Any suggestions or fixes?

16 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

or enable the  "hands" in the body hud ( skin tab)

I remember you advising this when my other half had the same issue... it doesn't seem to stick and he had to enable it every single log in, although his hands look fine to him but to everyone else they are splayed.  He got a couple of bento animations for his AO and its sorted it for now

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I remember you advising this when my other half had the same issue... it doesn't seem to stick and he had to enable it every single log in, although his hands look fine to him but to everyone else they are splayed.  He got a couple of bento animations for his AO and its sorted it for now

I wonder if that is related to the body/hands brand.  I mostly use the Lara HUD random hand animations and have only ever noticed an issue when I go into certain poses.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wonder if that is related to the body/hands brand.  I mostly use the Lara HUD random hand animations and have only ever noticed an issue when I go into certain poses.

I have never had a problem with my lara but I am starting to understand Jake does have bento hands but no animations to stop the splaying.  You have to sort that separately. I should have done more homework on that before I advised him which demo looked best on him  

It is important that you are using a Bento Ao, or using hand animations, or your hand MIGHT get stuck. Also, verify on your hand and/or body hud that you have hand animations or poses turned OFF if you are using a Bento AO. I know that when I use my maitreya, sometimes I will pose a hand to stay in a certain position, and then later I'll realize that the reason I've been clenching a fist all day is not because I'm stressed, but because I forgot to release the hand from her stationary animation. 

The issue IS body specific or at least each designer deals with things differently. It took me a VERY long time to figure out that I needed to wear the HAND AO hud (separate tiny AO) with the altamura free male body.  The hands were always splayed and that was disturbing. AND yes, OLD AO.  Lara has it so that your hands are in a natural position (or what you left them at last from the choice menu in the HUD) so I of course hadn't had to deal with that. The Belleza male body that I tried out had that same splayed hand bit. I had no idea what was going on. 

So this was all good info and I passed it along to my guy friends that have the free body. I am not sure if the huds work the same with the full version.  Actually I haven't noted that issue with any FEMALE bodies that I have tried which is kind of interesting :D. 

OMG! :-) Thank you all for great, and speedy, replies! I am using a new VISTA AO for bento, but it is just the stand pose. So it is most possible I need another AO for the hands or one that is more complete. I will look further into the hand poses and make sure that the hand button is switched to off in the Belleza hud. Thank you all for your speedy advice. :-)

New Info: I purchased an Akeyo Nitro AO hud and new Vista animations that state they are BENTO. I will try a new clean hud and new animations first to see if this corrects the problem. I have wanted to update my old Akeyo hud and clean out old dances anyway. This is as good a time as any. :-) If the problem persists, I will try the hand AO. LOL it is SL, so I should have known "it is always something" LOL! Thank again all! :-)

Edited by KyleKC
New Info

I don't have this issue, but then I usually wear Slink hands and those come with a built-in idle animation. The animation pack is purchaseable separately for about L$350 (and there's a demo stand at the Slink store). On the hands themselves, it's just a simple /15 idle on (or off) command and they gently go through natural idle motions. I've not found a male Bento AO yet that doesn't have me standing with my feet about a metre apart like I'm braced for impact, and one of the things that bugs me about some of the bodies that have built-in hand poses and an option to cycle through them is that I don't want my avatar to be randomly making peace signs when I'm walking around, so the idle animation is perfect for me.

When I'm wearing other bodies, I use a hand poser HUD to ensure that I don't get splayed fingers. One is included with the Slink Bento hands (and you might find one at Vista, too) and there's also one by FateWear on Marketplace.

Edited by Skell Dagger

30 minutes ago, KyleKC said:

OMG! :-) Thank you all for great, and speedy, replies! I am using a new VISTA AO for bento, but it is just the stand pose. So it is most possible I need another AO for the hands or one that is more complete. I will look further into the hand poses and make sure that the hand button is switched to off in the Belleza hud. Thank you all for your speedy advice. :-)

Vista Bento AO's don't need aditional hand AO, it's totally compatible. Perhaps just the movement isn't send to your viewer, or slow refreshing because of connection issues.

UPDATE! :-)  I added the brand new nitro hud and all new VISTA Bento Walk, Run, and stands. So far, I have not had a problem all day. BUT, I was dancing on another's hud tonight and it happened once and that was when I turned my AO off to get on their hud.

Will non-bento dances cause this as well? So far I'm just happy I seemed to have at drastically reduced it happening all the time. Also I'm tired of having to log in my puppy dog av on my other workstation to keep and eye on my hands. LOLOLOL!   Well the hands will have to stay that way from the dances because there is no way I'm getting rid of all of those all at once.

Thanks again all!

10 hours ago, KyleKC said:

I'm tired of having to log in my puppy dog av on my other workstation to keep and eye on my hands.

I've decided that I don't care anymore what my hands look like to others.  As long as I can get them to look the way I want for me, regardless of what I'm doing, that's good enough.

14 hours ago, KyleKC said:

UPDATE! :-)  I added the brand new nitro hud and all new VISTA Bento Walk, Run, and stands. So far, I have not had a problem all day. BUT, I was dancing on another's hud tonight and it happened once and that was when I turned my AO off to get on their hud.

Will non-bento dances cause this as well? So far I'm just happy I seemed to have at drastically reduced it happening all the time. Also I'm tired of having to log in my puppy dog av on my other workstation to keep and eye on my hands. LOLOLOL!   Well the hands will have to stay that way from the dances because there is no way I'm getting rid of all of those all at once.

Thanks again all!

The Jake hands are indeed not animated by default. They probably forgot to add that or didn´t bother. Officially the body is still in beta, we will have to wait and see I guess. But as you already found out, using a bento ao "cures" that stiffness. For dances I haven´t experience your said problem yet. Also it just may be harder to notice because of the movement.

If you´re using the Firestorm Viewer I can recommend a solution I followed myself lately. Utilizing the in build AO. I got the Vista Bento AO myself first, but never really liked all the animations in it. So if you are already considering building your own AO the Firestorm one get´s rid of the requirement of a HUD occupying space. It´s essentially drag and drop and allows different sets. Depending on your commitment you can easily build different "sets", for myself I only bothered making a default one and dances. This way I got rid of unwanted animations and can easily add new ones on the fly if I find one that catches my interest. 

Probably could have saved a lot of money if i did that from the start, because I probably got rid of more than half of the animations. There has been a thread about a calm AO somewhere, in which another male bento AO was mentioned (the included walks I didn´t like, but the more idle standing animations I did like quite a lot.)

Regards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.