Abusive content/group/sims in Second Life

AshaShanti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I also think more realistic representations of physical violence, whether or sexualized or not, of women and children has become more rampant in the past 5 years than the 10 years before on this network. It seemed the Lindens used to have a handle on actually removing content that violates their TOS, but not recently. In the last 60 days, I've had to report over 3 instances of *public photo galleries* of ***** in neighboring parcels.

Let's not dress up the term "*****" the Lab uses so adeptly, too. It's pedophilia and sadomasochism, very simply. 

It's awful, is deeply conflated with sadomasochism trending in sexual representation in pop culture in the U.S., and needs to be reckoned with like other American industries are currently facing. 

• Like 1

Wow.  9 pages and I missed it!

On 11/15/2017 at 2:06 AM, AshaShanti said:

The question is - do we ignore abuse - or just pass by.

Anyway ... just to make sure this has been said ... there are a lot of girls that get off on being the one playing the "dying" role.  There is no abuse, actually.  It is a consensual role-played fantasy. 

We all know that everyone has different kinks and thrills.  There are very common and accepted events happening in SL every day that I find revoltingly offensive to the point it turns my stomach to even consider what is being said at those events.  So I don't go there.  I know that other people enjoy those events and even find them healthy.  I have friends that go to these events weekly.  We get along just fine because we do not judge each other over something as trivial as a shred fantasy.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

there are a lot of girls that get off on being the one playing the "dying" role.

I do know that a lot of women are into being taken by force (raped) as a fantasy, but you surprise me with that statement. I'm not sure that I can accept it as being true.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I do know that a lot of women are into being taken by force (raped) as a fantasy, but you surprise me with that statement. I'm not sure that I can accept it as being true.

It is true. In SL at least. I cannot say for RL, but in SL there are girls that do get off on being killed in roleplay. For them it's even the case that the crueller they are killed in SL, the better they like it. I know people that enjoy this kink, and their motto is: 'A day that you haven't died is a day that you haven't lived.'

8 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ok, female avatars. Males at the keyboards ;)

So, actual females can't be involved in kink? They have to be guys in RL? There are plenty of RL women who are into pain.. Serious pain. and some go to the extreme. But you cant accept that as it breaks your fragile little bubble world. Way to insult any woman who actually is involved in this kink. 

Don't be so silly, Drake. You're better than that. Are you stalking me?

There are plenty of men and women who are into pain, perhaps even serious pain. But that's nothing to do with what I said, is it?  I told you before that sidetracking won't get anywhere.

There is nobody, man or woman, who is into dying for sex. That's all there is to it. It's my belief 'snuff' scenarios that here in SL are generally played out by men at the keyboards, and not by women. I amy be wrong, but that's my opinion.

"Way to insult any woman who actually is involved in this kink."

I would be happy to insult anyone, male or female, who is into "this kink". They deserve it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I would be happy to insult anyone, male or female, who is into "this kink". They deserve it.

As they might happily insult you, as they might think you deserve it. Why do you care what someone else gets off on? As long as they do not break TOS, why should you be bothered?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Even though the fact its creeping the hell out of me to even think about roleplaying a rape or death scene: its their fantasy, and as long as there are only adults involved, they can roleplay whatever they want. Even if we both dont like it.
Would you like to explain why it makes you happy, if you insult them?

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

56 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

There are plenty of men and women who are into pain, perhaps even serious pain. But that's nothing to do with what I said, is it?  I told you before that sidetracking won't get anywhere.

You really have an issue reading complete thoughts, don't you. I said "and some go to the extreme." But you conveniently ignore the parts of peoples replies to you and just focus on what you think makes you sound better. 

There is nobody, man or woman, who is into dying for sex. That's all there is to it. It's my belief 'snuff' scenarios that here in SL are generally played out by men at the keyboards, and not by women. I amy be wrong, but that's my opinion.

Why would you even think that? What possibly reasoning could you have to think that generally men are into snuff? That is an extremely sexist attitude. 

So, do the rape fantasy women deserve to be insulted as well? What about the slaves? Should every RL illegal activity be banned in SL? Or just the ones you personally find repulsive? Grow up, and realize that insulting people for their kinks makes you just another prudish bigot. 

ETA.. it's not stalking someone to reply to them in a thread I have posted in several times.. If i was stalking you i would reply to threads i havent posted in that you have.. Which i havent done.. Paranoid much??

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

There is nobody, man or woman, who is into dying for sex.

You know this how?  (side note, IMO the above is stated more as fact than opinion).

There are plenty of women in RL that like to be choked during sex - choked to the point that they pass out.  My understanding of this is because it is flirting with death - and in RL there have actually been deaths from such.  In RL, I'd say those folks might not actually want to die, but they want to get as close to that as possible, enough so as to risk actual death.  Given that, I can easily see how people (even women) could make the jump in SL to actually dying during sex.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, lavalois said:

As they might happily insult you, as they might think you deserve it. Why do you care what someone else gets off on? As long as they do not break TOS, why should you be bothered?

I [posted earlier why it bothers me, and why it should bother most people. I won;t repeat it.

I don't mind being insulted. Do you?

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You know this how?  (side note, IMO the above is stated more as fact than opinion).

Only by the fact that nobody wants to die, unless they have real deep problems. There are exceptions, of course, due to a person being on the way out already, but not mere role-playing exceptions. It is a fact, incidentally. It's not mere opinion. If it were, I would have said so.

There are plenty of women in RL that like to be choked during sex - choked to the point that they pass out.  My understanding of this is because it is flirting with death - and in RL there have actually been deaths from such.  In RL, I'd say those folks might not actually want to die, but they want to get as close to that as possible, enough so as to risk actual death.  Given that, I can easily see how people (even women) could make the jump in SL to actually dying during sex.

I didn't say anything about choking during sex. I know that exists in RL, and I know that people have died doing it. But that's not the same as intentionally dying during sex. The only people who may want to do that and those who are dying anyway, and might prefer to go out with a smile on their faces.

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

ETA.. it's not stalking someone to reply to them in a thread I have posted in several times.. If i was stalking you i would reply to threads i havent posted in that you have.. Which i havent done.. Paranoid much??

That's true, but today you've posted to me in 2 threads, and both times, you've been personally insulting. It smacks of stalking, or something like that, even though it may not be, so I asked. It may just be that you're not very good at forums. Alright?

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:
  1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

You really have an issue reading complete thoughts, don't you. I said "and some go to the extreme." But you conveniently ignore the parts of peoples replies to you and just focus on what you think makes you sound better.

Lol. Judging by what you've posted in replies to me today, I don't need to ignore anything to sound better ;)

Why would you even think that? What possibly reasoning could you have to think that generally men are into snuff? That is an extremely sexist attitude. 

Call it what you want. I don't mind. I believe it to be true though.

So, do the rape fantasy women deserve to be insulted as well? What about the slaves?

No to the rape and slave fantasies. If you'd read the thread, you wouldn't even have asked me about rape. Slavery hasn't been mentioned, so that was ok.

Should every RL illegal activity be banned in SL?

Probably.

Or just the ones you personally find repulsive?

No, not just those.

Grow up, and realize that insulting people for their kinks makes you just another prudish bigot. 

I haven't insulted anybody. I'm not like you have been today. Please quote me if you think I have. Saying that I would be happy to isn't the same as doing it. You need to concentrate on reading what's written, and not what you prefer to have been written ;)

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

My personal experience says otherwise.  I once had a sub whose preferred method of dying at the end was to be swallowed whole.  I know another woman (have met her IRL, too) that was really in to werewolf RP.  She could RP a blood loss death beautifully.

Also, you need to remember that every vampire has died at least once.  How many do you think died from bites to their inner thigh? n Some times a love scene that fades to black is a touching moment.  There just happen to be people out there who "fade to black" with their virtual lives.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I haven't insulted anybody. I'm not like you have been today. Please quote me if you think I have.

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

They deserve to be insulted because of their kink.. That is insulting. 

16 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

That's true, but today you've posted to me in 2 threads, and both times, you've been personally insulting. It smacks of stalking, or something like that, even though it may not be, so I asked. It may just be that you're not very good at forums. Alright?

If what i posted to you in this tread is what you consider insulting, then you have insulted a metric poop ton of people. Saying that men are only playing out the snuff(just to point out the OP was talking about dolcett, not snuff. big difference) scenarios on both sides is highly insulting. Why is it so hard for you to believe that women can be involved in this? For some reason you think women can handle being part of rape play but not snuff play? How very sexist of you. That wasnt an insult btw, that was a fact. Saying one gender or the other cant or doesnt do something for no reason is sexist. 

19 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

They deserve to be insulted because of their kink.. That is insulting. 

No. It's not an insult, any more than saying that someone deserves to be burgled because they leave their doors unlocked, is the same robbing them.

Sayingt that someone deserves something isn;t the same as doing that something.

If what i posted to you in this tread is what you consider insulting, then you have insulted a metric poop ton of people.

Not just in this thread. You've done it 2 threads today - personal insults. The other thread was about mesh avatars. Remember?

I have said only 2 things in this thread that have attracted disagreements. One is that those females in the snuff fantasies are males at the keyboard. I believe they mostly are, just as a very large number of female avatars have males at the keyboards. The other is that anyone participating in that particular kink deserves to be insulted. And I believe that too.

Saying that men are only playing out the snuff(just to point out the OP was talking about dolcett, not snuff. big difference) scenarios on both sides is highly insulting.

Then be insulted. It's fine by me. But it's not an insult. It's a belief. If you really to see some insults, have a look at your posts to be earlier today. You'll find some there.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that women can be involved in this?

I don't know. I just find it hard to believe. What I find much easier to believe is men playing the female role.

For some reason you think women can handle being part of rape play but not snuff play? How very sexist of you. That wasnt an insult btw, that was a fact. Saying one gender or the other cant or doesnt do something for no reason is sexist. 

Women with rape fantasies is not sexist of me for the simple reason that I don't differentiate between men and women in that respect. I know it to be an RL fact though. You can call it what you want. I don't mind.

I didn't say they "can't" do it. I don't believe they do, perhaps with the odd exception, and that's what I said.

Incidentally, I am sexist in some ways, because I really do believe that the different genders are different in many ways. One thing is that, on the whole, women make better managers than men, because they are more industrious. That's my firm belief, and it makes me sexist.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 minutes ago, lavalois said:

Oh, well, that makes it all alright then.

Of course it's alright. You don't want to deny me my beliefs, do you?

4 minutes ago, lavalois said:

I guess I should be fine with KKK members 'believing' white people are better than coloured people? 

KKK? A helluva lot of people believe that whites are better than coloureds. I'm not one of them, but a lot of people are. Thankfully, they constitute only a teeny number of the world's population.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.