Abusive content/group/sims in Second Life

AshaShanti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, AshaShanti said:

Well in the meantime I have had some discussions on this topic - including those managing the sim, and various other groups of people.

So, did you tell them you think they are evil, disgusting and glorifying violence and suffering? Probably not, because thats no base for a fruitful conversation/discussion. But its exactly how you started your post here. What do you expect people to do? You don't deserve a single apology. Instead you hopefully apologized to the people in that fetish group.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AshaShanti said:

Voila so you say - calling people fascist if they don't agree with you - is the right thing to do.

What Syo is getting at is your first post was you stamping here declaiming it as if what you were saying was fact not opinion

22 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

So, did you tell them you think they are evil, disgusting and glorifying violence and suffering? Probably not, because thats no base for a fruitful conversation/discussion. But its exactly how you started your post here. What do you expect people to do? You don't deserve a single apology. Instead you hopefully apologized to the people in that fetish group.

I would love to point the owners and members of that group to this thread so they can see how she really feels about it. 

2 minutes ago, AshaShanti said:

Ok so then in your views this is how you would deal with anyone and since Syo is a Forum Elf - she agrees that people are to be called names to solve problems.

Forum Elf is a self appointed title.. After you hit 500 posts you can change it to whatever you want.. 

As mine says.. I just dont care.

3 minutes ago, AshaShanti said:

I can feel about stuff in any way I want lol - just like you can too. I never called anyone here a fascist.

Being called a fascist is meaningless these days due to overuse by SJW's its barely even an insult anymore

• Like 1

I started SL on the non profit commons and have been teaching. I have been to many bdsm sims - I have many on my list that are into bdsm - in fact I just friended a sub 2 minutes ago. I don't care if someone is into bdsm or not. I find dulcet different from other bdsm kinks that is all. I have many alts - why does that matter. 

31 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Being called a fascist is meaningless these days due to overuse by SJW's its barely even an insult anymore

Its like being called a racist, everything is racist to some people. 

Note to the SJW's. If you have to explain how something is racist, its really not.

17 minutes ago, AshaShanti said:

in fact I just friended a sub 2 minutes ago

Is this the equivalent of "I'm not racist; I know several black people"?

17 minutes ago, AshaShanti said:

I find dulcet different from other bdsm kinks

I'm going to be That Annoying Forum Pedant and ask you to check that spelling in a dictionary, because the way you're spelling it, it means something entirely different (and a great deal more pleasant) than what's actually being discussed here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AshaShanti said:

So basically what I conclude that it is no problem to call people fascist here. I just wanted to clear that. 

The word comes from the Italian for 'bundle' or 'group' AKA "Everyone the same and no few individual rights."

Etymology is an interesting thing.

definition.png.d8528dd41fe0411902f9b5573eb1bc5b.png

Edited by Skell Dagger
Corrected a word. Original left in (but struck-though), since I don't delete and run.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AshaShanti said:

Voila so you say - calling people fascist if they don't agree with you - is the right thing to do.

If you look at classical architecture, or even some neo-classical, buildings, you'll often see a motif with an axe with a bunch of rods strapped around its handle. The latin term for these rods is the root of the word fascist... Those rods were carried by a roman magistrates bodygusrds and were used to beat the living crap out of people.

They were a symbol of strict authoritarian rule.

The modern word fascist derives from Italian, which derives from Latin.

A Fascist is somebody who supports that kind of authoritarian governance...

Your OP, basically announced that you had discovered kink x on sim y with group z, and YOU had decided this was wrong, and YOU had decided that we would all agree with you and YOU had decided we'd support your campaign to have all the stuff YOU don't approve of, banned from SL.

That is a fascist attitude, hence you being referred to as a fascist.

It's got nothing to do with "social justice warriors" or any other right wing made up crap, its just a simple definition.

Now you are complaining about being called a fascist, when you act like a fascist, and threatening to tell the moderators to deal with your enemies harshly, in yet another display of fascist attitudes...

If you don't want to be regarded as a fascist, stop acting like one. Leave others to their otherness, and MOVE on...

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Klytyna said:

If you don't want to be regarded as a fascist, stop acting like one. Leave others to their otherness, and MOVE on...

I think this line.....is wise advice, for a lot of people. Hell you could probably eliminate the entire first sentence, and it would still be very wise advice in many instances ;) 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.