Artist Creates Attractive Male Avatars

Tripp Foxtail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I looove b&w film photography, and haunt the thrift stores looking for old film cameras (usually 35mm). I think I have around 15 right now, lol! You can find really nice cameras with filters, lenses, and all the goodies for great prices! 

Oh we would get along just fine, I still have my Canon film camera I first used that got me into photography and just bought a fancy point and shot camera which I want to use for black and white street photography. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Here's one I did early on of a "punk rock"  I made, lmao! ( a bit contrasty, but I still love it...lol)

punk rock.jpg

I love it.

See that's what I love about photography, it's like art, you either like it or you don't, people can say too much contrast, too dark, too out of focus blah blah blah.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice. :)

I'd post some pictures I have taken but I better not hijack the thread, I wonder if there is an off topic thread we could start with pictures? :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vin Soulstar said:

I love it.

See that's what I love about photography, it's like art, you either like it or you don't, people can say too much contrast, too dark, too out of focus blah blah blah.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice. :)

I'd post some pictures I have taken but I better not hijack the thread, I wonder if there is an off topic thread we could start with pictures? :)

I think its nice if someone has a lot of PS skills, or knows how to spice up the picture with advanced camera settings. But most important for me is the composition and subject choice.

You could start a rl photography topic in the Art, music and photography I guess :)

For what it's worth, Daniel (and a little late to the convo, sorry), I think your avi looks great.

Just because a few sour pusses are experiencing jealousy issues, doesn't mean you should give them or their words a second thought. And as someone else said, plenty of other places in SL with much more intelligent company to be found.

Just as Skell...He Knows All (that should be his official logo).

• Like 1

On 07 November 2017 at 3:57 PM, DanielWolfsong said:

As an artist I felt very proud of my work creating these two.

Well done... Have a cookie...

On 07 November 2017 at 3:57 PM, DanielWolfsong said:

Are people really put-off by attractively modified male avatars?

Attractive to WHO, exactly, you like them, good for you, your mistake is assuming everyone else finds them attractive too...

On 07 November 2017 at 4:07 PM, DanielWolfsong said:

The reason I've gotten from 3 female friends is that women in SL feel  a male avatar that is muscular or excessively good looking is just "into himself"

"Excessively good looking" ? There you go with that "into yourself" artiste "I make avatars that are Universally Auto-Attractive" attitude...

Just accept that there are people in SL who do NOT find male avatars 'attractive' at all, or who don't care for the muscle-beach lothario look.

There are even some who will automatically react to that brand of mesh body by reaching for the Flammenwerfer and screaming "Knuckle-dragger! Kill it... Kill it with Fire!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Right, understatement is not his biggest virtue.
I wish, Skell or Vin would have showed him what a really decent built avatar has to look like.

Yeah, that whole "look I made a new avatar - I am an ARTISTE now!" thing...

I'd class him as a rare variation on the "Class 1 Loiterer", you know, the ones who make muscle bound thug wannabe avis, assume they are Universally Auto Attractive, and then hang out on parcels where women meet and stand there all silent waiting for IM's while chanting "...The power of Macho compelse you, IM me and beg for sex..." over and over behind their screens.

Only percieved difference in this case is he's chanting...

"...The power of Macho compels you, IM me and tell me how talented I am..."

Hehe, now Skel... Sharp dressed man... ;) 

Until I see some non-hunk mature mesh male avatars then my attention will continue to be drawn towards the classic bodied, older and out of shape males. Men should not be perfect, that's for the girls :D

I find the hipster/hunk male rather unnattractive, but at the same time sympathise with male avatars for the options which they have (n't) available.

SL is such a visual platform that the visuals count for so much, at least for a first impression. This would likely be considered 'shallow' in the real world, but this isn't the real world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.