Artist Creates Attractive Male Avatars

Tripp Foxtail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I modified 2 of my male avatars with Aesthetic Mesh and other facial adjustments and now no one will interact with them when I take them out into public areas and clubs. - I've heard differing reasons for this wanted to get more feedback. Are people really put-off by attractively modified male avatars? And why? As an artist I felt very proud of my work creating these two.

FINN PROFILE MESH.png

Danny Profile mesh 2.png

Hi Cindy - thanks for the feedback. The reason I've gotten from 3 female friends is that women in SL feel  a male avatar that is muscular or excessively good looking is just "into himself" and therefore not worth interacting with. It's an interesting observation - but I was wondering if there is some other reason.

Just now, DanielWolfsong said:

Hi Cindy - thanks for the feedback. The reason I've gotten from 3 female friends is that women in SL feel  a male avatar that is muscular or excessively good looking is just "into himself" and therefore not worth interacting with. It's an interesting observation - but I was wondering if there is some other reason.

LMAO - I think you should look for other places to hang out.  

Unless you are spending your conversation time talking about your great avatar customization - then the ladies have a point.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DanielWolfsong said:

Thanks for the comment Alwin - no they have modifications beyond the huge muscular shape - I slimmed them down quite a bit. They look "fit" but not overly muscular and usually wear clothes that do not accentuate the musculature.

i'm not so involved in the straight scene, but even modified, wearing it would be enough to get ignored by huge amounts of people, modified or not, it's looks to me it's more a matter of like or hate... not much in between.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd definitely say to try looking for some other hangouts then.  There are a million clubs in SL.

and I will take my other half to that place dressed:) in his pterydactyl avi so at least I know the women will leave him alone :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Side note - The first avi isn't really my style, but the second dude would definitely get a second look from me. 

The first guy looks more like a surfer dude or wanna-be model or partying college student, whereas the second looks much more distinguished and a bit mysterious.  Totally, just my opinion.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mesh male bodies on the market - no clue who makes them though.

jake = belleza

gianni = signature

davide = egoism/ex machina

david = nardcotix ( if i'm not wrong)

btw... there are some guys posting/posted in this thread :

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i there are newer bodies on the market, that are used by lots, and easier to customise than N.

and addition... the growing amount of heads...

catwa

lelutka

akeruka

gianni (seperate from the body)

davide ( xomes with the body)

logo

ga. eg

labirynth

and more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielWolfsong said:

The reason I've gotten from 3 female friends is that women in SL feel  a male avatar that is muscular or excessively good looking is just "into himself" and therefore not worth interacting with.

And yet one of the things I hear most from women I talk to (or overhear in group chats) in SL is that they wish their own menfolk would bother to get dressed rather than just get dressed. In other words: take the time and a little pride in dressing their avatar, rather than buying one t-shirt and pair of jeans and calling it done.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.