Rental Prices -- Through the Roof? :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just had to post this. I went out tonight looking for a blogging locale --- directly from the destination guide. What did I find?

Likely THE most expensive places in SL (well at least they took MY breath away). 

These are UNFURNISHED houses with the land impact of the houses around 73 prims. No way you could actually furnish them with 25 prims. 

And life just gets more weird every day.

We can only hope this is an error, but I went back and checked on the places rented and they DO seem to have 25 land impact for furnishings. They may or may not be "actually" rented. 

Sometimes my head just has to do a reset. 

rentals.thumb.jpg.c3e7e7a35d9ab2c7ab1d3ce35ed10ddb.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

They are in the Destination guide, so that's why? newbies renting?

Editors Picks actually and when you TPed in you were stuck (and I mean REALLY stuck) inside the rental building. Not sure if that was the plan but there was a forced landing point that you couldn't double-click out of :D. The only way I could get OUT was to go visit one of the rentals; hence my discovery. 

Looks like someone's taking the whole 'Land Baron' concept a lil' too far.

I'm going to guess that it's just a typo on their nc and they haven't realized it yet. Has to be a typo. No one could set prices like that with a straight face and sane brain, surely?!

Can't believe how expensive the cheapest is per week that's almost as much as three weeks on my land. though furnishing with the 25LI is very doable with a heavy reliance of stuff from a certain purveyor of all things 1 prim or other stores selling 1 prim/Li stuff. Totting up the Li for everything i've put in my home takes me to about 20LI not including the three prims that need to be kept by for the shells some of the furniture needs to rezz when it's being used

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Editors Picks actually and when you TPed in you were stuck (and I mean REALLY stuck) inside the rental building.

It's going to be very interesting to see how LL can explain that - if they can explain it at all. Paging @Dakota Linden...

Edited by ChinRey

Well I don't have an explanation but I do know that I have been to many places in the Destination Guide that are not as listed. It is very easy to for someone to get INTO the guide and then change things afterwards. I used to report things but that didn't seem to help so I gave up. Hence no report on this one either. Just thought the whole thing was pretty bizarre. 

I have found other rental places similar to this (or stores rather than "picturesque" places) in the past -- just thought this one was SO over the top it deserved it's own mention.  :SwingingFriends:

Just TPed back at 9 AM SLT and things have been changed :D somewhat. Perhaps someone clued in the owner.

The rental board is now on the ground and you land on top of it (rather than against the wall). You can now CAREFULLY make your way through the horse paddock area and into the outdoors (to be fair there are physics issues and you may have been able to do that last night too if I would have kept trying). 

The places that are apparently rented are all furnished by the owner and an area search in the vicinity of the house I checked shows no objects by any tenant so we can assume that while "not for rent" they are also "not rented".

And while you could decorate with 25 prims (hopefully not from the creator mentioned who has THE WORST LODS that I have ever seen -- assuming that we are thinking of the same one :D) the whole thing is just beyond comprehension.

Prices are still the same very high numbers however.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's going to be very interesting to see how LL can explain that - if they can explain it at all. Paging @Dakota Linden...

I don't think it's a deceptive editors pick listing.
The region is gorgeous & deserves its place. When I went to look it had changed as Chic described above though - the landing point was on the ground in the shack where they have their rentals but it was easy to just walk out of the building into the main region build.
The rental prices are crazy though, but I imagine some would pay to have a bit of land on such a pretty region.

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And while you could decorate with 25 prims (hopefully not from the creator mentioned who has THE WORST LODS that I have ever seen -- assuming that we are thinking of the same one :D)

I don't know for sure which merchant Clairchen had in mind but I know exactly who you mean. ;)

To be fair, the overpriced multiface sculpt garbage they sell was actually revolutionary back when they started before the age of mesh. Today it's horrendously outdated of course but it's hardly the only example how an old established SL store can keep selling on their reputation alone long after their products' best by date.

9 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I don't know for sure which merchant Clairchen had in mind but I know exactly who you mean. ;)

To be fair, the overpriced multiface sculpt garbage they sell was actually revolutionary back when they started before the age of mesh. Today it's horrendously outdated of course but it's hardly the only example how an old established SL store can keep selling on their reputation alone long after their products' best by date.

Actually there is a MESH creator with the same horrible LOD issues -- LOL. I only know as I was in an event with them a couple of times. I didn't even need to cam out to NOT see the objects and only triangles.  SO NOT GOOD. But yes the sculpt thing had even worse problems as harder on the server. 

And we TRY and move forward. 

16 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I'm going to guess that it's just a typo on their nc and they haven't realized it yet. Has to be a typo. No one could set prices like that with a straight face and sane brain, surely?!

Maybe it's intentional. I'm thinking of those ridiculously priced small parcels of land. I've often thought that the intention was that someone would come along who inadvertanly read, say, 25000 as 2500, and buy it bfeore they realise the mistake. Maybe in this case the owner occasionally gets people who accidentally read 200 when it's actually 2000.

19 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The region is gorgeous & deserves its place.

You can say that about a lot of places that will never be considered for the destination guide.

The place is also extremely render heavy.  Is that really what you want to show a newcomer as their first impression of SL? You need a fairly high end game computer there and how many first-timers have that?

19 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The rental prices are crazy though, but I imagine some would pay to have a bit of land on such a pretty region.

There is no place in SL pretty enough to be worth eight U.S. dollars a week for what is essentially an empty box.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.