It's so easy to fix

Chinami1000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh, but there is no money involved.  According to the TOS, linden dollars "have no monetary value (i.e. are not a cash account or equivalent) and are purchases of only a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to use content Inworld."

LOL

you know that TOS only count for users, but not for IRS and taxing?.. you can write everything in rules, but as soon you offer services that pass borders, all what's not covered in local law doesn't count? Start a lawsuit against LL in europe and the LL rules don't mean a lot anymore if they aren't compliant with european rights.

In the starting years of sl there were even issues that nearly caused LL not being able to provide sl in Europe.( questions asked in several parlements)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

On 9/27/2017 at 11:13 AM, Chinami1000 said:

if banks open, it will even create low interest mortgages.

Not going to happen.  See Linden Lab Official: Policy regarding inworld banks.    

Two main reasons for this, as far as I know.   One is the Ginko scandal (Google "Second Life Ginko" if you want to know the full gory details) and the other is that you can't legally open an online bank without a whole load of licences from the appropriate regulators, and if LL are in any way involved in hosting anything that might be considered an unlawful bank, that exposes them to a world of legal hurt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

the  real problem is it realy is real prostitution cuz they get paid lindens that they then withdraw to a real bank account turning it into real money that includes the lindens they get  for webcamwhorin and stripping

Wait..... there's sex in SL? 

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

On 9/27/2017 at 11:56 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

How do you feel about LL putting itself on an equal footing as estate owners and subdividing and selling all of the mainland for 1 L per parcel? Mainland is largely empty because its almost impossible to buy mainland as compared to buying on an estate.

Perhaps with all that new tier coming in, LL could then lower the rates.

The amount of unused mainland for sale is jaw dropping. It is an opportunity to do something about it. Just look at the amount for sale on 'da boom' where sl first began ..

Someone clever figure something oot maybe ?

d76f129c0c4f0d57526e4e754df227d8.jpg

Edited by rasterscan

2 hours ago, rasterscan said:

The amount of unused mainland for sale is jaw dropping. It is an opportunity to do something about it. Just look at the amount for sale on 'da boom' where sl first began ..

Not everyone wants to pay the price gouging amounts charged by land barons. My plan would put the land flippers out of business. The could still buy land at 1 L a parcel and try to sell it for more, but I doubt there would be many takers.

:)

2 hours ago, rasterscan said:

(...)

While it does look sad on an user's side, on the economic side we've not enough proofs that it is such a problem.

To tell if it's a problem, more datas are needed. What are the difficulties that land owners are facing to rent a parcel? What difficulties the renters are facing to rent a parcel?

While to lower the price sounds appealing, it may also devalue the quality of the item so it can't be the easy and universal answer for everything. There can even be situations where raising the price is the solution to make a product more competitive.

6 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Even based on just looking at that picture, I can see that most of that land is not for sale.

If you go back to your map and zoom in a little closer, it becomes even more evident how much of that land is not for sale.

Zooming in will show you the little yellow patches which are a truer indication of the areas that are for sale. Comparatively speaking, it's not much at all.

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

Even based on just looking at that picture, I can see that most of that land is not for sale.

If you go back to your map and zoom in a little closer, it becomes even more evident how much of that land is not for sale.

Zooming in will show you the little yellow patches which are a truer indication of the areas that are for sale. Comparatively speaking, it's not much at all.

I agree that when you zoom out on the area in the map, you get a better idea on the area of land for sale, versus the area of the land not for sale.   There is also land that is for sale OR for rent, so that land only appears as for sale until someone rents it out, and then it is removed from the 'for sale' classification until the tenant quits renting. 

In regards to some of the other comments further up in the thread, about land:

What the map doesn't show is the amount of abandoned land, and you can't always tell that land is abandoned without actually going to the land and checking the 'about land'.  Sometimes land appears abandoned at ground level, but is not - either the owners are letting it sit empty for whatever reason or they have all their activities up on sky platforms or domes. 

As for LL selling mainland at 1 L per parcel, that would have to be land that was already abandoned, because I don't think LL can or should be able to impose limits on the price people choose for selling their land.  Even if it was limited to abandoned mainland, I think a price that low would devastate the land market for residents.  Not all that buy or sell land are land-flippers, and of those that do buy to re-sell, not all are price gougers.  

I don't know that land-flippers can be done away with because buying and selling land is a valid business activity.  I've also seen that, if you look around thoroughly, you will find a variety of L's per meter sale parcels, from a very low 0.5 to extreme of over 100 in some areas.  Sometimes the higher prices I've seen (outside of the double prim areas) are on land that has been owned by an individual for a very long time (so not a land-flipper).  

I have, in the past, put in tickets to purchase abandoned land that bordered, or was on the same sim, my existing land.  Once I was able to buy it for 1L per meter, the other times LL put it up for auction, and I was able to get the land through the auction without having to pay too high of a price.  (Whether a price is too high or not, depends also on strongly someone wants that particular parcel, and how much they feel comfortable paying for it.)

In the end, I think it is good that land stays in an active state (not abandoned) even if it means it's bought up by a real estate business. 

Edited by moirakathleen

9 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I agree that when you zoom out on the area in the map, you get a better idea on the area of land for sale, versus the area of the land not for sale.   There is also land that is for sale OR for rent, so that land only appears as for sale until someone rents it out, and then it is removed from the 'for sale' classification until the tenant quits renting. 

In regards to some of the other comments further up in the thread, about land:

What the map doesn't show is the amount of abandoned land, and you can't always tell that land is abandoned without actually going to the land and checking the 'about land'.  Sometimes land appears abandoned at ground level, but is not - either the owners are letting it sit empty for whatever reason or they have all their activities up on sky platforms or domes. 

As for LL selling mainland at 1 L per parcel, that would have to be land that was already abandoned, because I don't think LL can or should be able to impose limits on the price people choose for selling their land.  Even if it was limited to abandoned mainland, I think a price that low would devastate the land market for residents.  Not all that buy or sell land are land-flippers, and of those that do buy to re-sell, not all are price gougers.  

I don't know that land-flippers can be done away with because buying and selling land is a valid business activity.  I've also seen that, if you look around thoroughly, you will find a variety of L's per meter sale parcels, from a very low 0.5 to extreme of over 100 in some areas.  Sometimes the higher prices I've seen (outside of the double prim areas) are on land that has been owned by an individual for a very long time (so not a land-flipper).  

I have, in the past, put in tickets to purchase abandoned land that bordered, or was on the same sim, my existing land.  Once I was able to buy it for 1L per meter, the other times LL put it up for auction, and I was able to get the land through the auction without having to pay too high of a price.  (Whether a price is too high or not, depends also on strongly someone wants that particular parcel, and how much they feel comfortable paying for it.)

In the end, I think it is good that land stays in an active state (not abandoned) even if it means it's bought up by a real estate business. 

estate owners sell their parcels for 1 L each. all im saying is that LL put themselves on an equal footing with estate owners and subdivide and list for sale their parcels at the same price as estate owners. resellers are still free to put their land for sale at any price they wish

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Oh for the love of .....(shakes head) It's WITH each other, not ON each other. (Just wanted you to feel included);)

Some of these people actually could be ON each other and not agreeing about stuff while they are ON each other

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/29/2017 at 10:15 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

estate owners sell their parcels for 1 L each. all im saying is that LL put themselves on an equal footing with estate owners and subdivide and list for sale their parcels at the same price as estate owners. resellers are still free to put their land for sale at any price they wish

I'm honestly not sure why I'm pushing to make it easier for people to buy mainland. I have an 8192 sq m on roadfront on a mostly abandoned sim. The views of the open rolling prairie are quite cool. They remind me of my recent trip to Nebraska. I also have wonderful sunrise/moonrise ocean views from the roof of my building. There is no lag and no annoying neighbors. 

:)

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
wrong lot size
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.