Mini-rant Customers that don't read or don't look -- just because sometimes we need to vent! :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LOL.  

I don't vent often but  I have this customer repeatedly complaining about a build that he purchased.  

ALL his complaints are clearly listed on the Marketplace page. "It's 34 prims!" (listing says clearly 34 land impact)

"You didn't make it so people could modify" (It IS mod, just not the mod that the purchasers wants).

In his latest note "I build too, just not mesh". (Demo link in Marketplace listing to see and test if it would do what he wanted). 

We can only do SO MUCH as merchants.

Those in H&G are pretty much forced to have big shops in order to show their wares. It really doesn't help when folks don't BOTHER to come look and then COMPLAIN!

This is not most people, but it happens often enough.  IF someone bothers to ask I would certainly tell them that they wouldn't be able to move around walls and such (actually when you CAN do that I have that info in the listing). 

We need a "venting" Emoticon.  Found one. Free to share LOL. We ALL NEED THESE FROM TIME TO TIME. 

599f1e7672147_ventingemoticon.JPG.b40456a1e49490966c9176b211ff48e2.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

LOL.  

I don't vent often but  I have this customer repeatedly complaining about a build that he purchased.  

ALL his complaints are clearly listed on the Marketplace page. "It's 34 prims!" (listing says clearly 34 land impact)

"You didn't make it so people could modify" (It IS mod, just not the mod that the purchasers wants).

In his latest note "I build too, just not mesh". (Demo link in Marketplace listing to see and test if it would do what he wanted). 

We can only do SO MUCH as merchants.

Those in H&G are pretty much forced to have big shops in order to show their wares. It really doesn't help when folks don't BOTHER to come look and then COMPLAIN!

This is not most people, but it happens often enough.  IF someone bothers to ask I would certainly tell them that they wouldn't be able to move around walls and such (actually when you CAN do that I have that info in the listing). 

We need a "venting" Emoticon.  Found one. Free to share LOL. We ALL NEED THESE FROM TIME TO TIME. 

599f1e7672147_ventingemoticon.JPG.b40456a1e49490966c9176b211ff48e2.JPG

I agree with everything you have said.   Especially the part I have put in bold.  I ask this question every time there is a post sale issue.  Did you try the demo?.. No.  Did you read the perms stated?  No.  Did you pick up an info card next to the demo?  No.  ^_^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase01 said:

Sitting there, biting your tongue, trying to keep a smile on your face as a customer blames their oversight and incompetence on you. The response to that can only be.

-hugs Chic-

stassi-schroeder2.gif

Most reputable merchants do not feel at liberty to say what we sometimes may think . But being able to mute and ban makes up for it. :-)

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Sitting there, biting your tongue, trying to keep a smile on your face as a customer blames their oversight and incompetence on you. The response to that can only be.

-hugs Chic-

stassi-schroeder2.gif

Of course! But the trick is to wait until the customers has left. ^_^

Just to be fair: there is certainly no shortage of unreasonable merchants blaming their product flaws on the buyers too. Sometiems the customer is actually right. ;)

10 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

But being able to mute and ban makes up for it. :-)

Does it? I've only ever muted a person once in SL and that was a special case - somebody deliberately trying to ruin the game I was playing by spamming me with vampire bite requests.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Does it? I've only ever muted a person once in SL and that was a special case - somebody deliberately trying to ruin the game I was playing by spamming me with vampire bite requests.

I don't mute and ban people like the one Chic describes, that's just part of the job. But the ones who accuse me of being dishonest when something is on their end, I invite to shop elsewhere in the future. Life is too short.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is mine, one star review on the MP; 

"really?
Posted September 13, 2017 by *** 1 star

omg i bought mirror thinking id see reflection like mirror pic shows, when i started trying poses i seen no reflection, then read nc and omg the things you have to do to get a reflection of yourself, WOW, so before buying make sure read the link cause i didnt."

I was thinking to message her and ask politely if she could remove the negative review, since she stated that she didn't even read the description. But instead I flagged it, hope it was the right reason for flagging because I never had to do this and I am not familiar with those few options we have in the dropdown menu. 

• Sad 4

33 minutes ago, Tamara Artis said:

"really?

omg i bought mirror thinking id see reflection like mirror pic shows, when i started trying poses i seen no reflection, then read nc and omg the things you have to do to get a reflection of yourself, WOW, so before buying make sure read the link cause i didnt."

I was thinking to message her and ask politely if she could remove the negative review, since she stated that she didn't even read the description. But instead I flagged it, hope it was the right reason for flagging because I never had to do this and I am not familiar with those few options we have in the dropdown menu. 

So this is both a Doesn't know how SL works AND a Didn't bother to read review. Nice.

• Like 1

One of my old ventures from years ago with my alt  is full perm sculpty and mesh basic builder packs and gee they have to have basic instructions step by step. Mesh is pretty straightforward but sculpts were a nightmare and I ended up having to give building lessons for the cost of a cheapo pack just to keep people happy.  Someone had a whinge in a inworld PM first which I appreciate a couple of weeks ago as one of the packs seemed to have changed and one item went missing out of 24. I just refunded them their money even before they asked and pulled the product offline for a while they forget about leaving a bad review in the heat of the moment and I'll fix it later if I even bother at all.

Even my jewelry these days I sell non rigged so people can copy it, retexture it and make heaps of different styles themselves with basic building skills but supply a demo even for a cheap item and explain it well in the ad just so there is no drama. i find it best to assume customers are not technically minded or can build in SL.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Femboy-Subtle-Afinity/11572173 <- Is an experiment to see how many get sold...

Edited by chardonay Babii
Usual typos

44 minutes ago, chardonay Babii said:

hehe, As some constructive critisism, when you have the chain in your modelling program consider to orient it so that it's as it would hang on a body and reset the rotation to 0, this means when the Z is changed the shoulder curve will be altered.

Your model's resize handles on the chain are quite flat as you see below, and this doesn't allow any shoulder curve adjustment. In this photo below imagine the resize box as a prim rezzed at 0 rotation to how it could be improved.

It looks lovely, I like the way the chain flashes and sparkles.

necklace_001.png

And yes, I demoed~ It still works.

Edited by Callum Meriman
Made picture much smaller
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

hehe, As some constructive critisism, when you have the chain in your modelling program consider to orient it so that it's as it would hang on a body and reset the rotation to 0, this means when the Z is changed the shoulder curve will be altered.

Your model's resize handles on the chain are quite flat as you see below, and this doesn't allow any shoulder curve adjustment. In this photo below imagine the resize box as a prim rezzed at 0 rotation to how it could be improved.

It looks lovely, I like the way the chain flashes and sparkles.

necklace_001.png

Did you grab a no mod demo? 

If you did you may not see the chain has a long 0.001 mm prim in the centre of it as part of the chain that makes the chain bounding box bigger and allows you to do that if you edit the chain alone.  I'll have to check that one and make sure it has the right chain in.  I did make it so you can bend it in a high arch and position the pendant over your clothes.  Personally I prefer to fit the chain by itself as all together doing it, it distorts the pendant.  

Edited by chardonay Babii

5 hours ago, Tamara Artis said:

"really?

You can ask to have it removed if you think it's unfair, it's worth a try.  

6 hours ago, chardonay Babii said:

Did you grab a no mod demo? 

Oh yes, and I saw all this :) I liked the chain and purchased it :)

6 hours ago, chardonay Babii said:

Personally I prefer to fit the chain by itself as all together doing it, it distorts the pendant.  

Oh yes, me too, and making it mod means I edit parts, as you saw in the photo, to try and make the chain's Z much smaller (not much bigger, much smaller. There is nothing left to make it smaller, which is why you  reset the rotation so there is a lot more Z to remove, to lessen the arch far far more). For a femboy, it doesnt fit, we don't have huge male shoulders that need a high arch, our shoudlers are flat and small and petite. 

But I rotated and move, and stretch as much as I can and it ended up better than most, very acceptable and nice solution. One that made me happy, I liked the way the chain sparkled.

You will notice I mention that was "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM" not a complaint? This means it a way one creator can suggest to another ways to make their product even better.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Callum Meriman

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Oh yes, and I saw all this :) I liked the chain and purchased it :)

Oh yes, me too, and making it mod means I edit parts, as you saw in the photo, to try and make the chain's Z much smaller (not much bigger, much smaller. There is nothing left to make it smaller, which is why you  reset the rotation so there is a lot more Z to remove, to lessen the arch far far more). For a femboy, it doesnt fit, we don't have huge male shoulders that need a high arch, our shoudlers are flat and small and petite. 

But I rotated and move, and stretch as much as I can and it ended up better than most, very acceptable and nice solution. One that made me happy, I liked the way the chain sparkled.

You will notice I mention that was "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM" not a complaint? This means it a way one creator can suggest to another ways to make their product even better.

Have a nice day!

That/s great. :)   I am glad you like it.  It's all good, I appreciate others input and took it as being helpful. I saw femboys weren't that well catered for on the MP so decided to make some. BTW you can tint or texture any face on that pendant if you want including the text.  A metal radial  gradient off google will give you another type of necklace too if you want.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.