How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Yes, this is he. It's a rather good likeness, don't you think?

He was quite the figure of a man, really: well groomed, a fine posture, handsome even! Everyone talked of what a fine match it was, and how very lucky I was to have ensnare . . . to have captured the heart of such a one.

And so terribly clever! Investing in munitions proved an excellent plan. But then, he knew war was coming. So many did, but few knew how to act on that knowledge as well as he.

And he looks so healthy here, does he not? Who could possibly have guessed that he'd succumb so young to -- what did they say it was? A weak heart?

Well, I never found his heart weak. If he had a weakness it was, perhaps, his trusting nature? And a taste for claret. I always poured those for him myself. He thought that a very charming gesture!

Yes, such a trusting nature.

Well, the time of mourning is nearly done, thank God, and I can put off these rags. And Edward is coming by tomorrow for dinner. Such a fine figure of a man, Edward! I must speak to Cook about the menu, and make other arrangements for his visit.

Can I pour you another, darling?

Not the claret, you'll find that a little . . . strong. Let me help you to this port instead.

My-Last-Duke-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.7187ddc9374afae6ed4c40e5e4ffc35c.png

• Like 27

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

He was quite the figure of a man, really: well groomed, a fine posture, handsome even! Everyone talked of what a fine match it was, and how very lucky I was to have ensnare . . . to have captured the heart of such a one.

And so terribly clever! Investing in munitions proved an excellent plan. But then, he knew war was coming. So many did, but few knew how to act on that knowledge as well as he.

And he looks so healthy here, does he not? Who could possibly have guessed that he'd succumb so young to -- what did they say it was? A weak heart?

Well, I never found his heart weak. If he had a weakness it was, perhaps, his trusting nature? And a taste for claret. I always poured those for him myself. He thought that a very charming gesture!

Well, the time of mourning is nearly done, thank God, and I can put off these rags. And Edward is coming by tomorrow for dinner. Such a fine figure of a man, Edward! I must speak to Cook about the menu, and make other arrangements for his visit.

Not the claret, you'll find that a little . . . strong. Let me help you to this port instead.

Wonderful!  A preview, perhaps?  Thank you for the added performance of your latest show yesterday; I was so disappointed to have missed the first and enjoyed it immensely!  Brava, indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Do you prefer "the widder Rhiadra", or "Widow Scylla", or just "Black Widow"?

• Haha 4