How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Having been inspired by playing through the amazing Yakuza 0, I tried my hand at making a Japanese avatar, bringing one of my OCs, Kasumi, into the world. Using many reference photos, I tried as hard as I could to make an authentically Asian looking character using LeLutka's Zo head. It is both a shockingly difficult process, and an informative one! I found out that visible tattoos (and tattoos in general) are highly frowned upon in Japan, so I did away with my hand and arm tattoos because it would make little sense for this character. I look forward to learning more!

kasumi1.thumb.png.b0520b980db9ca2fae53a0cdd0931b08.pngkasumi2.thumb.png.a02cd973b539c7607e4d301549e58d47.png

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 19

11 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

Having been inspired by playing through the amazing Yakuza 0, I tried my hand at making a Japanese avatar, bringing one of my OCs, Kasumi, into the world. Using many reference photos, I tried as hard as I could to make an authentically Asian looking character using LeLutka's Zo head. It is both a shockingly difficult process, and an informative one! I found out that visible tattoos (and tattoos in general) are highly frowned upon in Japan, so I did away with my hand and arm tattoos because it would make little sense for this character. I look forward to learning more!

kasumi1.thumb.png.b0520b980db9ca2fae53a0cdd0931b08.pngkasumi2.thumb.png.a02cd973b539c7607e4d301549e58d47.png

She's beautiful. I bet you could sell that shape with a style card. Other people often have a hard time trying to create a realistic Asian avatar.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

She's beautiful. I bet you could sell that shape with a style card. Other people often have a hard time trying to create a realistic Asian avatar.

I very much appreciate this. I took much time and care putting her together, so I'm in the process of making the style card you suggested to make it (somewhat) easier for others to do the same. Fantastic idea and it's fun for me to write!

Edit: I have done so.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 4