What are your favorite stores?

LilyLaran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw what you did, and I see nothing wrong with it :)  You aren't self-promoting, imo. You're only pointing to other people's published opinions, in which your store is named along with others. Not only that, but it is an excellent answer to the OP's question - unless, that is, your alt is the OP, in which case it's a wee bit underhanded but not massively so because your place is only one in a list of places - imo, of course.

• Like 2

Of that, I have no doubt. I've never been to her store or seen her stuff that I know of, but she has the greatest respect from me, and I am certain that she makes excellent things.

(That's assuming you are taking about the stuff she makes and sells ;) )

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Of that, I have no doubt. I've never been to her store or seen her stuff that I know of, but she has the greatest respect from me, and I am certain that she makes excellent things.

(That's assuming you are taking about the stuff she makes and sells ;) )

But I came to see you and your store, Phil. Such clever ways to make low prim things! You took me on a tour. 

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I saw what you did, and I see nothing wrong with it :)  You aren't self-promoting, imo. You're only pointing to other people's published opinions, in which your store is named along with others. Not only that, but it is an excellent answer to the OP's question - unless, that is, your alt is the OP, in which case it's a wee bit underhanded but not massively so because your place is only one in a list of places - imo, of course.

Well the OP could be my alt, who started this thread for the purpose of promoting my business. You can't know for sure. Which is my point in the other thread -- there's already enough spam in this forum. Can we just have s few spam free forums? I mean, we still have our signature spam, isn't that enough?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Also I could make up my own awards website with lists and put my store at the top. 

Spam possibilities are endless! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

But I came to see you and your store, Phil. Such clever ways to make low prim things! You took me on a tour. 

I did? I must have been a looong time ago. I didn't think we'd met.

I do remember how I first came across you though. We had a mutual aquaintance at the time, whose name I forget. It was when the GSA had come and search engine rankings was my RL field of expertise. I basically taught him how to manipulate the rankings, and I believe that he was passing at least some of the info on to you. Search was fun :)  I don't believe we met at that time, but I do remember you in that regard.

As for spam. I don't think this thread would be spotted, but then it's not exactly the typical spam thread that we've seen, and you didn't point at exactly your place. I honestly don't think that ithings will turn out to be worse than previous forum incarnations but, if it does, Tommy & Co. will change the rules.

Edited by Phil Deakins
pytos

• 4 weeks later...

I can add a few places not in the Avie Choice. (Disclaimer: I haven't memorized the list, maybe I post some store there)

HPMD: Funny, whimsical, garden, animals of the cute kind, not breedables. Fine sim to take a walk in.

DDD: Looks like a gor roleplay store at first look, but has so much that works in medieval and rustic places. Including garden plants. Low LI.

Boudoir Garden: Known to me as Boudoir, that makes great costumes. Has ventured into whimsical garden stuff and builds. Plus some of the most lovely stone benches and statues.

Ex Machina: Mostly steampunk. Fantastic textures and mesh furniture. Looks even better than in the ads.

Ravenghost: Also mostly steampunk, gothic and victorian style furniture. Some buildings. All fantastic made.

T - Spot mesh. Garden, landscaping. Low price, quality as the expensive stores.

Lost Creek: Animals, not breedables. I have their kestrel.

Atrium by Katta Grizot. Quality Furniture and builds. Looks very original, not retextured mesh models. Furniture acceptable low LI. Check the builds LI if that is important.

Felixx Shepherd: Mostly castles, birds, landscaping. He has very low LI in his latest builds, while the older have higher LI. Pay attention if that is important.

D'stopian. New to me store. Their furniture is castle style, super detailed, low LI. And huge. No need to scale up. Most likely you must shrink them if you don't have a Castle.

Mesh plants by Reid Parkin. Sort by date and newest first to see his 3D plants.

22769 Bauwerk: Furniture, house, very original. Fantastic looking.

All these have I bought from with my own money. I am really happy, but go inworld to look at them, and also read reviews.

Edited by Marianne Little

On 31.3.2017 at 4:24 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Second Life Market Place

Anywhere but the Marketplace I'd say. ;)

Or almost anywhere: an inworld store where you can actually look at what you buy before you buy it (if it's something rezzable) or find good demos to try (if it's wearable).

I can't really recommend any particular stores since I don't buy anything myself anymore. Some of the best vehivle makers in SL are among my best friends so I have more cars and boats and such than I'll ever have time to actually use, there are so much top quality freebie clothing there's hardly any point in paying for anything of that unless you want something very special and everything else I can make better myself than anything for sale.

On 31.3.2017 at 5:19 AM, Pamela Galli said:

The Avi Choice list and the Rezzie list have stores / creators nominated as favorites by residents, organized by store type.

Ummmm... wellllllllll....

Without mentioning names, that list does include some of the makers I would regard as the best (inlcuding Pamela's of course) but also some hot air balloons with more marketing than building skills and even at least one maker I would seriously warn people against buying from. So it's a mixed bag and not really representative for the best SL has to offer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Without mentioning names, that list does include some of the makers I would regard as the best (inlcuding Pamela's of course) but also some hot air balloons with more marketing than building skills and even at least one maker I would seriously warn people against buying from. So it's a mixed bag and not really representative for the best SL has to offer.

I would never count myself among the most technically proficient builders in SL, but I think of the Rezzie and Avi Choice as lists of people that others enjoy buying from, due to customer service and professionalism. And ethics. People just like buying from those sellers. Buying things is a big part of SL for many, and they like having a pleasant experience. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

my absolute favorite store used to be Brii, back when i had a classic avi. I did all there hunts and loves there clothes, I probably was there inworld two three times a week at least. Then I finally made the switch the mesh, with a Maitreya Avi, and there stuff wasn't so exciting to me anymore. Now I have several, bu tat the top of the list are Blueberry, Pixicat, Dirty Princess, Baii maii, Seven and more.

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can add a few places not in the Avie Choice. (Disclaimer: I haven't memorized the list, maybe I post some store there)

Mesh plants by Reid Parkin. Sort by date and newest first to see his 3D plants.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to mention it in this context but I actually got a private message from a friend who complained about Reid Parkin being mentioned. The reason was that Reid Parkin is not a maker. He jsut uploads open source content he finds on the internet. All his best plants were made by a brilliant French Unity content creator who calls himself Nobiax at DeviantArt and Yughues at OpenGameArt.

But then again, at least two of the award winners do the same and does it really matter to the buyer? Everybody have to make up their own mind about that.

What they do is perfectly legal btw. We're talking about CC0 works here, works released by their creators under a "no terms whatsoever" open license.

On April 23, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Psst! If you try using forum recommendations to promote your own store, it might be less conspicuous if you don't name your store after yourself.

But apparently according to LL, it is perfectly legal to promote your own store in these "favorite" threads.  Even if it was not, it would be easily gamed. Just use an alt.  

I personally would rather leave the favoriting to bloggers. It's not like there is a dearth of product review blogs.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.