What are your favorite stores?

LilyLaran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to mention it in this context but I actually got a private message from a friend who complained about Reid Parkin being mentioned. The reason was that Reid Parkin is not a maker. He jsut uploads open source content he finds on the internet. All his best plants were made by a brilliant French Unity content creator who calls himself Nobiax at DeviantArt and Yughues at OpenGameArt.

But then again, at least two of the award winners do the same and does it really matter to the buyer? Everybody have to make up their own mind about that.

What they do is perfectly legal btw. We're talking about CC0 works here, works released by their creators under a "no terms whatsoever" open license.

Hmm. I see what you mean. Calling him a creator is wrong. But I can do the same, no terms, open license, so what he does is providing it without me having to learn the technical stuff? Calling him a creator was my words. So what your friend has a problem with, is that I called him the creator. I am fine with shopping from a store who does not violate the TOS or violating a license. This Nobiax is very talented.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Hmm. I see what you mean. Calling him a creator is wrong. But I can do the same, no terms, open license, so what he does is providing it without me having to learn the technical stuff?

Yes and he actually makes sure the technical part, adapting for SL and uploading, is done properly. It may be the easy way compared to what content creators do but he's still a far cry from the rank and file of freeware and dubious-ware resellers that fill up the Marketplace.

I thought about this for a few days and I think Abranimations deserve a mention. They seem to have quite a few stores, so each time I visit them off a search I end up at a different one, so there is a novelty on each visit. The feel of the stores to me anyway are like fantasy childrens toy department stores. The piano to walk on is always a temptation, they do tiny dances, they just have so much varied and wonderful tempting fun stuff so full of imagination. And whilst they seem to have been going for ages, they are still making new things like their bento dances. They have a shop near one of my parcels and it is always a temptation to visit, because not only are you tempted to buy their products but just visiting and playing and wondering at the ideas behind them makes every visit a joy.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2017 at 6:10 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Psst! If you try using forum recommendations to promote your own store, it might be less conspicuous if you don't name your store after yourself.

I figured there would be at least one of these ... <>

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2059-1362150552-4.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Torrie Mint said:

We can put names in here now. I always thought this was a no name forum.

I have never known a time when we couldn't.

It is bringing personal complaints to the forum that identify the individual\group or shop that has and remains off limits, and understandable why when they risk degenerating into bitchfests and run the risk of getting in to the realms of slander or libel.

Edited by Aethelwine

2 hours ago, Torrie Mint said:

We can put names in here now. I always thought this was a no name forum.

I think it is positive reviews that is ok. Negative is pulled. I think that is because LL can't know what is a true experience or what is a rant where the customer is - yes, actually some times the customer is wrong. 

So to be sure, they remove all. I remember reading a thread where it was very negative comments about a head applier. It was stated very clearly from the seller that it was a head applier, not for default face,  and that the included skin was only for those who wanted a default body with the head. Still, The OP insisted that this was bad practice and that the skin was ugly (It had default LL skin on the default face) She was complaining over several pages, and she just would not stop. Even if I posted pictures of me wearing the applier over the correct head.

LL will not go control every negative post? I think so. Sometimes they can't even know how the product is supposed to work. And in a "he said, she said" should they use time on controlling the chat and IMs if it is not a RL crime?

• Like 1

And Mina for hair.

Good old hairstore returning with mesh hair after many years away from SL: Discord Designs

Jewelley and clothes: Zaara

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of favourite stores: In 2010 I bought a pair of boots from Maitreya. In 2016 they were updated to fit the Maitreya mesh body. And Onyx LeShelle sent me a fresh copy. After so many years!! She posted a long list of older clothing updated to Maitreya on the blog: https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.no/2016/03/releases-updates.html

I searched my inventory and found many things, several too old to be found in the updater, so I sent her a notecard listing the items, and the date they were bought. (Tip: if you click on something in your Inventory, you find the date it was bought under Properties.)

Now this is service I wont't forget.

• Like 3

*Cracks fingers* Alright here goes my list!

Hair: Little Bones, Moon, Olive, Pr!tty, Blues, and Truth

Skins: Evermore(my current favorite), L'etre, and Insol

Clothing: Villena and Pumpkin, Lazybones, Blueberry, Foxes, Pixicat, and Zenith

Eyes: Clemmm, S0ng, L'Etre, Nini, Buzzeri, Evermore, and Suicidal Unborn

Shoes: Reign, Empire, Vale Koer, and fri.day

Accessories: Cerberus Xing, Punch, Aii, and -RC- Cluster.

Fantasy Accessories: Cerberus Xing and Aii

Houses: Trompe Loeil, Vespertine, Dust Bunny, Scarlet Creative, Ionic, and Roost

Furniture/Decor: Soy., Dustbunny, Vespertine, LAQ, Haikei, Hideki, Second Spaces, Floorplan, Brocante, and Ionic

Landscaping: Happy Mood, Studio Skye, and Hayabusa

Edited by Annika Velde
  • Like 2

I have many happy memories touring SL years ago and shopping with friends, and wish that many of those same stores were still around! Maybe I should start a thread about stores/creators that I miss. I could check before posting if any of the creators are still even in SL.

• Like 1

A classic: Pandora Wrigglesworth's Curio Obscura store.

It's not just four walls and vendors, or one of the cookie-cutter classy stores you see out there. It's a unique steampunk experience.

Search Places for "Curio Obscura: For the Strange and Wonderful" and check it out.

Also, if you need cheering up, Happy Mood (HPMD) is a lush and gorgeous outdoor sim with lots of greenery and trails and other things.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Crap Mariner said:

Also, if you need cheering up, Happy Mood (HPMD) is a lush and gorgeous outdoor sim with lots of greenery and trails and other things.

Ugh I love Happy Mood. I want to own everything from there eventually and just build a beautiful forest on my land.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Annika and Rhonda mentioned several of my favs, but to add Sn@tch, Vinyl, Plastik, Belle Epoque, .:Soul:., The Little Bat, Lumae, Cureless, Katat0nik, Schadenfreude, Silent Sparrow, Stix, KoKoLoReS, Dead Dollz, Violent Seduction, Sweet Thing.

Sweet Thing,Violent Seduction, and Cureless! I forgot about those! -goes to edit her post-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.