Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I took just shy of 50 pics.  I'll get them checked and edited tomorrow and then upload them to the group Flickr.  I'll post the link here when I get them uploaded.

I want to again thank all of the DJs for donating their time and a big thank you to everyone that popped in to spend a bit of time chatting and dancing with all.  It was a long afternoon and evening (and morning for some), but it was a blast to see so many folks that I haven't seen in a long time.

ETA:  I forgot to also say a huge thanks to @Elora Lunaseafor the fabulous decorating job.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

Hi everyone :) I hope you're all less groggy than I am this morning...

Anyway, I wanted to mention this last night but didn't feel right making the party about me. And I feel weird doing this. But I'd like to spin once a month at our homestead. Unusual and not always danceable music that's interesting and different. Anyway, I have a group, and no way to get people into it except in person or, maybe, you clicking this link whilst inworld -

secondlife:///app/group/85e0b755-a715-d376-94c2-367cdbe22d34/about

That's it. I'd like to spin on the 21st at our place, an evening of the works of Frank Zappa (bc it's his birthday). The set is especially formulated for the uninitiated, and won't scare anyone, I promise.

Edited by Ghosty Kips
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I too, like Ghosty, am somewhat groggy this morning and on my 2nd cup of coffee. Quite the music marathon last night!

It was wonderful to see some old friends and get to know others "in person" I have only known from the Forums. I tend to keep to myself a lot inworld and socializing was a much needed pick-me-up.

Lots of new pix in the FC Flickr group this morning to look at. Won't clog up this thread with them so here's the link to the group - by the time you look there may be more from @LittleMe Jewell and anyone else who also took photos.

Thanks to @Maureen Boccaccio for always being so on top of planning!

Second Life - Forum Cartel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Barely started editing photos, but this one came out of a group shot and I just had to post it.   

I've no clue what @Ghosty Kips is actually doing, but I do remember @Elora Lunasea having difficulty getting him on the dance ball.

Ghosty - What are you doing?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Barely started editing photos, but this one came out of a group shot and I just had to post it.   

I've no clue what @Ghosty Kips is actually doing, but I do remember @Elora Lunasea having difficulty getting him on the dance ball.

Ghosty - What are you doing?

Haha! Actually I think it was my fault completely. I forgot to turn off my AO. Then I tried to fix my hoover height which was a fail. Took a while until we synched! 

• Like 4

Informal invite that Ghosty and I are hosting a little musical get-together this evening at our homestead, Sea of Honey.

G will be playing an evening of assorted Frank Zappa tunes. I have been assured that even us non-Zappa fans (ME) will enjoy the music. 

Old and new friends welcome!

Please feel free to stop by Ghosty's Campfire from 5pm SLT. Dress warm, venue is outdoors. Hot chocolate provided!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sea of Honey/44/166/23

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ghosty and I will be hosting this months evening of musical and conversational delights at our homestead's outdoor entertainment space this Saturday 1/14/23, at 5pmSLT.  

This months theme is music about animals!

There will be dogs, there will be monkeys, there will be bugs and fish and birds, all for your dancing pleasure. Two hours of unusual music for unusual people. Bring a friend! Bring two friends! Animal companions welcome!  See old friends, make new friends!

Dress warm!

Monthly Music, Sea of Honey 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sea of Honey/43/168/23

Monthly Music Venue

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

evening of musical and conversational delights

.. Oh. I read that as 'controversial delights' at first and got quite curious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Good morning, afternoon or evening!

Ghosty will be spinning later today 2/11/23 at 5pm SL at our homeland. Very casual, monthly get-together for anyone looking for something to do for an hour or so. All welcome!

Join us under the big tree for an evening of progressive rock!

Music from the 1970s (mostly) including Crimson, ELP, Yes, Camel, U.K. and so much more. Grow your hair out, don your bell-bottoms and enjoy an evening of "ambitious compositions, experimentation, concept-driven lyrics, and musical virtuosity".

Dress warm, it's still winter! 

Sled to our home:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sea of Honey/43/164/23

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ghosty will be spinning later today 2/11/23 at 5pm SL at our homeland. Very casual, monthly get-together for anyone looking for something to do for an hour or so. All welcome!

Music from the 1970s (mostly) including Crimson, ELP, Yes, Camel, U.K. and so much more. Grow your hair out, don your bell-bottoms and enjoy an evening of "ambitious compositions, experimentation, concept-driven lyrics, and musical virtuosity".

I'll be there!  I have invited 3 others.   Including @archangel969, but it's middle of the night for him.  Hoping the other 2 show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 12:32 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

It was lots of fun!  Good to see you  and  @Ghosty Kips, and everyone else. :)

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 3