Helpful Forum Hints

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

That works!
Snugs is able to set a Member Title and has 500 some odd posts.
Xiija can't and she's got 400 some odd posts.
500 seems a plausible threshold.

16 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Oooh. I'd have thought that certain words words would be disallowed in the title, so I tested it, and now my title is Moderator - which I'm not. I haven't tried Administrator or they'd use both barrels on me. Moderator only merits one barrel (I hope). I'll leave it as Moderator for a day or two to show everyone that it can be done, and all is not necessitly as it appears. Then I'll change it to something more suitable - unless someone at LL changes it first :)

Just say you were testing the warning system  :P

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/moderating-members-and-content/the-warning-system-r84/

I suggest you edit it instead. As far as I know, certain things are still against to forum's rules, even when they are done as tests.

I'm sure they'll have a filter in place soon enough, but I think the number of posts needed before a user can change their title won't change.

On 19.3.2017 at 5:08 PM, Phil Deakins said:

You may be right, Rya. Memory is (also) not my strength so, if I'd ever seen the 'specific post views' in the previous forum incarnation, it wasn't something registered enoiugh to remember. In this case, though, I put it to you that nobody had changed their title to something that was blatantly obvious until after I'd logged out yesterday, so I had no way of noticing that particular detail ;) except to see it in my profile page but I rarely go to such pages, and I haven't. looked at it this time.

I should add that I have a very good memory for some things, such as what people say and how they said it, but a particularly bad one for some other things, especially when they are there but don't concern me.

Phil needs to add profile picture. -_-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You're right, Phil. Your reputation has already spread far and wide. There's no going back.

So, there's really no reason not to put up a profile picture, is there?

Reputation, yes, but plenty of people may think that it may not be deserved - that I can't be as ugly as they've heard - so I may be better off not putting a pic up :)

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Reputation, yes, but plenty of people may think that it may not be deserved - that I can't be as ugly as they've heard - so I may be better off not putting a pic up :)

is this the You? ( there was only 1 Phil Deakins in "people search")

100x100

...if so, ... kinda cute!

Edited by Xiija
edit

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Useta be, clicking on "Answers" showed newest-first questions. Now they are all stuffed in categories! Is there any way to see "Unanswered" questions newest first without respect to category (i.e., not making you "dig into" the category to see the questions)?

No but you can see all unread Answer posts.

Go to the Activity tab -> My Activity Streams -> Create New Stream & set it to only show Answer posts that you haven't read.

It will then appear under your Custom Streams list under My Activity Streams.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

No but you can see all unread Answer posts.

Go to the Activity tab -> My Activity Streams -> Create New Stream & set it to only show Answer posts that you haven't read.

It will then appear under your Custom Streams list under My Activity Streams.

That worked, thank you!  Handy if you actually notice the "Activity" option and have a clue, not so handy if you don't.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/1/2017 at 8:49 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since this thread is pinned, I'll add this info here - maybe we'll be able to find it in the future - about doing a 'Multi-quote' of posts

FYI, multi-quote doesn’t always work on mobile (iPhone). Instead, when I do the second quote, it starts another post. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:37 PM, CheriColette said:

I agree..that would be good. Meanwhile, you could edit whats in the post to nothing.

I posted something in the Answers > Avater forum... but there's not even the option to edit my posts there.

I mean, I answered my own question... 'cause it really was a stupid one and I wish I could take it all back! ?

Just now, Hollie Leavitt said:

I posted something in the Answers > Avater forum... but there's not even the option to edit my posts there.

I mean, I answered my own question... 'cause it really was a stupid one and I wish I could take it all back! ?

There is always the option to “report” your own post, and in the box, write that you request for the post to be deleted.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.