Helpful Forum Hints

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Snugs McMasters said:

Lordy, she's worse than Maddy.

Well, I know I don't need to tell you how difficult it can be to keep them happily occupied in a non-destructive sort of way.

We should have a coffee sometime and exchange notes.

OMG ... these forums .. why can't professional people just do it RIGHT?

anyways, i tried adding a forum image sig, and there is no way to change/delete those images?

Edit: apparently you have to re-open "Account Settings" to do it, you  can only see them in "my attachments",

not add or delete from there.

Edited by Xiija

10 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Go to your profile: https://community.secondlife.com/profile/1126534-xiija/

Top right of that page - "Edit Profile"

Fill in the "Member Title" section.

Profit.

Now that's a useful forum tip. I didn't know they could be changed. (I hadn't noticed anyone's changed title until someone asked about it in this thread.)

Edited by Phil Deakins
addition

28 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Now that's a useful forum tip. I didn't know they could be changed. (I hadn't noticed anyone's changed title until someone asked about it in this thread.)

Phil, would I be correct in saying attention to detail is not your strength? :D.

I'm still surprised that over 8000 posts, and you never noticed the views per post in the previous forums (as inaccurate as they may have been).

3 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

Phil, would I be correct in saying attention to detail is not your strength? :D.

I'm still surprised that over 8000 posts, and you never noticed the views per post in the previous forums (as inaccurate as they may have been).

You may be right, Rya. Memory is (also) not my strength so, if I'd ever seen the 'specific post views' in the previous forum incarnation, it wasn't something registered enoiugh to remember. In this case, though, I put it to you that nobody had changed their title to something that was blatantly obvious until after I'd logged out yesterday, so I had no way of noticing that particular detail ;) except to see it in my profile page but I rarely go to such pages, and I haven't. looked at it this time.

I should add that I have a very good memory for some things, such as what people say and how they said it, but a particularly bad one for some other things, especially when they are there but don't concern me.

Mebbe you get the option when you go over 500 posts?.. or are an admin ?

**from the web somewhere... on the Admin panel...

System Settings > Members > User Profiles > "Number of posts a member must have before allowing them to change their member title" set to "500"

Edited by Xiija
change

It shows for me. It's between the Basic Info and Personal Information boxes. I suspect that Xiija was right about it needing a certain number of posts before it shows. And that makes sense to me because it prevents new people showing up and abusing it (and us). So I don't think a Jira is needed, Maddy. I think it's intentional - probably the default.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Oooh. I'd have thought that certain words words would be disallowed in the title, so I tested it, and now my title is Moderator - which I'm not. I haven't tried Administrator or they'd use both barrels on me. Moderator only merits one barrel (I hope). I'll leave it as Moderator for a day or two to show everyone that it can be done, and all is not necessitly as it appears. Then I'll change it to something more suitable - unless someone at LL changes it first :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.