Comparing Mesh body to standard body

Ashlyn Gedales

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, Lvddawter said:

That is what I meant when I said Maitreya doesn't do skinny. It can be made skinny, but it is difficult to be skinny and well formed. I was amazed at how well your skinny Maitreya looked, but it's difficult to add "meat" to it and still appear thin. As you say, Fine Beauty is designed to be thin.

I've tried the various demos of heads from several makers. While they're all "good," if I'm going to sink $5k into a head, it needs to be perfect. :D 

I'd disagree. It is entirely possible to keep your frame thin, be in proportion and if you wanted, add some thickness in there. Doing so requires more then modifying body fat, and thickness sliders.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:26 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

This, definitely.  You can actually make a pretty decent looking system head, but there is nothing to be done about those horrid joints and jagged body lines in the system body.

I have never seen a good looking system head. Ever. And honestly, attempting to combine system heads and mesh body is disgusting. Go full mesh or stay full default but please, for the love of god, dont combine them. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

I have never seen a good looking system head. Ever. And honestly, attempting to combine system heads and mesh body is disgusting. Go full mesh or stay full default but please, for the love of god, dont combine them. 

I combined for a couple of years.  I was asked many times what mesh head I was wearing and met with surprise when I said I wasn't.  I took the plunge when I was good and ready. Luckily I wear a collar so the neck seam was never an issue.  Nobody ever told me I looked "disgusting" 

I still don't understand where this urban legend that the default is easier as right-click&wear?

-The default avatar has 60 clothing layers, meshbodies have only 3. Those who believe in that urban legend most definitely use 20% of the default avatar at best.

-Standard meshes are not always weighted the same from one creator to another, which means that even with a standard shape, you've to edit your appearance from one mesh clothing to another. You don't have this with fitmesh clothings for meshbodies which is the only true rightclick&wear (some of these fitmesh clothings even have an autohide script).

-You can't have your own shape to wear meshes with a default avatar, you'll have to adjust to standard sizes. Only fitmesh clothings for meshbodies allow you to have your own shape.

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar

14 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I combined for a couple of years.  I was asked many times what mesh head I was wearing and met with surprise when I said I wasn't.  I took the plunge when I was good and ready. Luckily I wear a collar so the neck seam was never an issue.  Nobody ever told me I looked "disgusting" 

I never said it looked disgusting.  I said combining the two was disgusting.

37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Ok so you are disgusted by the fact I combined the two?  If so, no worries that doesn't affect my life

It just looks horrible when people do that. I see it all the time. They dont want to part with their freebie default head they worked so hard on to make it "look good and part their being" and yet walk around with a body that has zero matching capabilities with the head. 

If that's your thing then that's your thing, I just find it low quality and horrid. I mean,  its actually kinda funny the amount of time some people have spent working on their default head and then go and buy a mesh body and walk around thinking they look good and only listen to the people who tell them they look good and get offended at any criticism lol.  

You do you though. 

8 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

You do you though. 

I do and I did. 

Starting off with mesh feet  then hands came out so I went with them too because a friend gifted them.  Then body, though this took a little time as I was ill and a mesh body was such a trivial thing on the scale of everything else .  Then a different body which I preferred to the first one.  then long wait before I got a mesh head because hey I couldn't afford the cost of going all mesh overnight or rushing into it because someone might judge me and I felt the need to follow the crowd.  I would have wasted a lot of money that way. 

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I do and I did. 

Starting off with mesh feet  then hands came out so I went with them too because a friend gifted them.  Then body, though this took a little time as I was ill and a mesh body was such a trivial thing on the scale of everything else .  Then a different body which I preferred to the first one.  then long wait before I got a mesh head because hey I couldn't afford the cost of going all mesh overnight or rushing into it because someone might judge me and I felt the need to follow the crowd.  I would have wasted a lot of money that way. 

Never follow the crowd. Who cares who judges you. In the end,  you always do you lol. My gripe with the combination is due to a personal preference. I think it looks bad but that doesnt mean those people doing that are ugly. Beauty is on the inside, is it not? 

50 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

It just looks horrible when people do that. I see it all the time. They dont want to part with their freebie default head they worked so hard on to make it "look good and part their being" and yet walk around with a body that has zero matching capabilities with the head. 

If that's your thing then that's your thing, I just find it low quality and horrid. I mean,  its actually kinda funny the amount of time some people have spent working on their default head and then go and buy a mesh body and walk around thinking they look good and only listen to the people who tell them they look good and get offended at any criticism lol.  

You do you though. 

You buy a skin that is a system skin with an applier for your mesh body. Presto perfect match

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Never follow the crowd. Who cares who judges you. In the end,  you always do you lol. My gripe with the combination is due to a personal preference. I think it looks bad but that doesnt mean those people doing that are ugly. Beauty is on the inside, is it not? 

Exactly what I meant but maybe it didn't come across that way.  I have never followed the crowd.  I have never cared about being judged on my avi. I never felt the need to rush in and buy a head in case anyone else cared.  My avi is a blonde, barbie style bimbo on the outside  I don't mind if that is what people want to see and judge me one lol because its so much more fun when they find out that isn't the case at all. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

3 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

I never said it looked disgusting.  I said combining the two was disgusting.

2 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

It just looks horrible when people do that. I see it all the time

2 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

yet walk around with a body that has zero matching capabilities with the head.

42 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

System and mesh should not even be in the same sentence

Yeah. Absolutely, System heads and mesh bodies, ewww, it's disgusting, should be a law against it, i mean...

59a7ef38d240f_Kly-DrowProfile.thumb.png.61dae398bb4d0b8ce816a8f2e9a10d99.png

Oh wait... This is just you talking garbage again, right? Like the fiasco with the web feed image sizes and file formats., Your thumbs itched so you picked up your not-so-smart phone and typed a load of garbage, again.

What head am I using? Same one I've used since I made the account, fully compatible with ALL head shape edit sliders. And I've never had a problem matching the skin to my mesh body, because... I use the appliers that came with the skin.

What head am I using?

"Le System" by "House of Linden"

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

You can do something against that! Donate 7000L$ to me and I'll go and buy a  bento mesh head + skin applier of my choice! You don't have to suffer any longer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

Yeah, system head never works with a mesh body  B|

20170812.thumb.png.802f8aa79b320466056b6bc9e96ae350.png

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, system head never works with a mesh body  B|

20170812.thumb.png.802f8aa79b320466056b6bc9e96ae350.png

You look wonderful.

So many times I'll see someone and say, "wow you look great, is that a mesh head?". They always say "no, its a system head". The first time I walk up to someone and say that and they say "thanks it is mesh", I'll consider getting one.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.