Angels of God Coming to Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

irihapeti wrote:

Snugs McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

the not actual devils and demons on here

Don't let Maddy fool you, she's the real deal.

she defo got you fooled

(:

eta. i mean that Maddy is not a devil or a demon. Not ever. Maddy is way to good for that. Even tho she try run away from her goodness sometimes (:

I'm trying to build a reputation here!

You are not helping.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MidnightDawn Sapphire wrote:

We would like to introduce ourselves.  We are Angels of God (AOG) and we will be establishing ourselves in SL shortly.  We comfort those that need a kind, help people the best we can and will always bless people of Second Life.

God Bless You

Angel Cher 5.0 AOG

District 7

To Serve and Protect

If you want play angel or claim to be one, that's fine.  It does, however, worry me that (like other posts where people claim to have psychology degrees or claim to be counselors) people/angels who want to help others are preying on those most in need of actual professional help.  I am concerned that those with good intentions may actually do more harm than good with blessings and advice that some will think is real professional advice, or an answer to their woes, or all their problems will be solved.  I hope it doesn't end with send me $10L and watch your blessings multiply.

If you stick to "I'll pray for you" or "God loves all his children" type of stuff, then that might be okay.  What kind of comfort are you offering?  What is suppose to come from the blessings you give?  Do you only listen to others problems or are you offering advice to them as well?  How confidential is confiding in an "angel"?  What assurance do we have that you know what you're doing?  (or is that where the faith part comes in?)

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

We would like to introduce ourselves.  We are Angels of God (AOG) and we will be establishing ourselves in SL shortly.  We comfort those that need a kind, help people the best we can and will always bless people of Second Life.

God Bless You

Angel Cher 5.0 AOG

District 7

To Serve and Protect

If you want play angel or claim to be one, that's fine.  It does, however, worry me that (like other posts where people claim to have psychology degrees or claim to be counselors) people/angels who want to help others are preying on those most in need of actual professional help.  I am concerned that those with good intentions may actually do more harm than good with blessings and advice that some will think is real professional advice, or an answer to their woes, or all their problems will be solved.  I hope it doesn't end with send me $10L and watch your blessings multiply.

If you stick to "I'll pray for you" or "God loves all his children" type of stuff, then that might be okay.  What kind of comfort are you offering?  What is suppose to come from the blessings you give?  Do you only listen to others problems or are you offering advice to them as well?  How confidential is confiding in an "angel"?  What assurance do we have that you know what you're doing?  (or is that where the faith part comes in?)

We are not claiming or playing anything, but thank you for your approval anyway :).  You certainly have a lot of concerns; are you always so cynical?  From what I have read of Angels, I have never heard of them charging for their messages or giving bad advice.

I doubt if that will change just because we have appeared on SL :)

BTW If you were walking along and an Angel appeared to you, would you really ask them if there was a charge for their services?

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

No, I don't believe in angels - supernatural or metaphorical.  They are people with all the faults of humans regardless of their intentions.  Is your only qualification your word?

Actually Angels on the grand scale of things are lower than humans.

We have faults too.  Sometimes we just get by on "A Wing and a Prayer"  :)

* You know if you just give Angels a try, maybe talk to your Guardian Angel, I bet that you will get an answer rather quickly.  It's worth a shot, don't yea think.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Hey Cinn, this is your guardian Angel.

Stay away from this MidnightDawn person. They are nutz! Just go on being yourself and you will be fine.

Over and out.

Derek

Derek,

I always pictured you more as a Fairy Godmother - wand, wings, wish-granting abilities....  (a green ballgown would really bring out your eyes)

A'sOG,

Best of luck with your self-appointed duties.  I really hope no one is harmed by thinking they are actually receiving help from qualified subordinates.  I still think you are playing a dangerous game with others lives and mental well-being.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Stay away from this MidnightDawn person. They are nutz! Just go on being yourself and you will be fine.

Over and out.

Derek

Derek,

I always pictured you more as a Fairy Godmother - wand, wings, wish-granting abilities....  (a green ballgown would really bring out your eyes)

A'sOG,

Best of luck with your self-appointed duties.  I really hope no one is harmed by thinking they are actually receiving help from qualified subordinates.  I still think you are playing a dangerous game with others lives and mental well-being.

Actually our duties (we call them assignments) are not self appointed.  They come from the Boss.

Just to comfort your troubled soul, we have handled many assignments and have never had a complaint yet.  Actually, if we ever did, we could probably kiss our wings goodbye.

In Heaven an angel is nobody in particular. ~George Bernard Shaw

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Over and out.

Derek

Derek,

A'sOG,

That can be arranged. I am nothing if not accommodating.

I will have to get the dress back from Dres though. It may take a while getting it back from the cleaners.

You know what he is like.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

What kind of comfort are you offering?  What is suppose to come from the blessings you give?  Do you only listen to others problems or are you offering advice to them as well?  How confidential is confiding in an "angel"?  What assurance do we have that you know what you're doing?  (or is that where the faith part comes in?)

You can find most of what these people believe and how they operate by Googling the motto's they post continually. It's largely typical US-centric feel-good stuff wrapped in the North American flavour of modern Evangelist Christianity. Whether it could be exploitative to vulnerable people (to an extent beyond the behaviour typified within this field), I wouldn't know.

They've also had a thread here before, with similar wording: SL Forum: New and a Problem

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I hope it doesn't end with send me $10L and watch your blessings multiply.

Oh, the Prosperity Gospel. Plenty of those folks around too, and they claim the same kinds of authority for themselves. You might like the recent satirical cause, Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption. Largely though, aside from same claims of endorsement by the "boss", I don't think they have much in common.

I'm not making any defence for either behaviour, just giving my perception. Perhaps it (and your own research) reduces the concerns above, in lieu of straight answers from the source.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

In either case, what would be an appropriate response?

Calliing the men in clean white coats?

50 years ago maybe. I am talking about now. 

ETA  And thinking you are an angel is nowhere near the most bizarre behavior I have seen in SL. Not even close. And certainly among the most benign. 

Thank you Pamela
:)

I just want to remind people that we are looking for a guide to help establish a home in SL.  If anyone would like to join/help us, please message me.

God Bless

Angel Cher

Can you please explain a bit more?

What do you mean by a guide to help establish a home? - I am wondering, because if you would like a place to live, it should not be difficult, as a lot of people have parcels or homes for rent here. But maybe you are asking to get a home for free? 

And what do you mean by joining you? If you are a crowd of angels, how are ordinary human beings able to join you?

Muletta wrote:

How are ordinary human beings able to join you?

I was thinking this might be like our volunteer fire department, but volunteers have to train, study, and pass tests to get their suspenders (swoon!). Since we're to take MidnightDawn's angelship claim entirely on the strength of her own word, it seems reasonable that she'd take volunteers entirely on the strength of theirs.

My tiny old group "Doing It for Nefarious Reasons" accepts members in that way. If I tell you I'm nefarious, you believe me because it's true. If you tell me you're nefarious, I believe you because I like making friends who don't mind being patronized.

That patronizing bit may be unique to me. I am nefarious, ya know.

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Muletta wrote:

How are ordinary human beings able to join you?

I was thinking this might be like our volunteer fire department, but volunteers have to train, study, and pass tests to get their suspenders (swoon!). Since we're to take MidnightDawn's angelship claim entirely on the strength of her own word, it seems reasonable that she'd take volunteers entirely on the strength of theirs.

My tiny old group "Doing It for Nefarious Reasons" accepts members in that way. If I tell you I'm nefarious, you believe me because it's true. If you tell me you're nefarious, I believe you because I like making friends who don't mind being patronized.

That patronizing bit may be unique to me. I am nefarious, ya know.

;-).

Seems fair enough Maddy - a kind of angel-trainee :matte-motes-grin:

Perhaps if you repeated your prediction about the end of the world being nigh ( "on Sept. 23, 2015 or around that time" )

the people may heed, utherwise you will not be taken seriously.

PS whats CERN got to do with it (failing to emulate Ms Turner)

For the gullible and those -still- having difficulty joining dots, the nearest thing to AOG for dummies that anyone has been bothered to compile can be found here.

http://virtualstreetcorner.yuku.com/topic/66/Utherverse-Angel-Trolls

Hey I'm just pleased that Cher aka Dawn has no interest in earthly financial matters.

http://forums.utherverse.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=68576

Radium Soup wrote:

For the gullible and those -still- having difficulty joining dots, the nearest thing to AOG for dummies that anyone has been bothered to compile can be found here.

Hey I'm just pleased that Cher aka Dawn has no interest in earthly financial matters.

:smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.