The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've never lost any money. LL will not wait because it takes 2-3 days for a bank to send money to Paypal and LL wants their money at the time that you make a transaction.

If there was ever a reason to refund you money for a purchase or anything, you would get the money in L$ - it would not go directly back to your credit card or paypal.

Ok.

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Snapshot_027a.thumb.jpg.67580b75ec80cabb0015cf93a88f4577.jpg

I found a fountain while wandering around.

Hide contents

• Maitreya - Lara body
  • LeLutka - Simone head
  • Izzie - Daphne skin (body and head appliers)
  • Exile - Where Ever I Go hair
  • Valentina E.- Hopeless Romantic Dress (from 50 Linden Friday sale)

Now if I found that fountain I am not sure I could resist the temptation to get naked and splash around in it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Ok, I never had any jobs because I have to spend all my time studying. I don't have time for a job and I don't want to work in a fast food restaurant.

I managed to work and still pull a 4.0 in high school and college.  It just takes desire, commitment and perseverance.  If I wanted "things" I had to work - my mom sure as heck didn't have any extra money to toss my way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

But I have a question. Did you study Calculus?

Yes and my degree is in computer engineering.  I went to a technical school - 6:00 am until noon Mon-Fri and then worked 2:00-10:00 pm three days during the week and on Sat & Sun.  It was definitely not easy, but it was what was required to get me where I wanted to go in life.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes and I my degree is in computer engineering.  I went to a technical school - 6:00 am until noon Mon-Fri and then worked 2:00-10:00 pm three days during the week and on Sat & Sun.  It was definitely not easy, but it was what was required to get me where I wanted to go in life.

Ok, and are you available to help me with calculus in the incoming semester? It's Calculus II.

11 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

You have kids already? I don't have any, yet. I also never had a partner at all. But do you think you still have time to teach me while it's still summer vacation now? And what about fall vacation or winter vacation?

I'm old - I have 2 kids that have already graduated college; my daughter even got her PHD a couple of years ago.

Sorry, my tutoring days are long past.  Between my full time job and the house that we are still remodeling, I don't even have as much time inworld as I'd like.

Now - enough of this and return the thread to what is was intended for:  Showing off pictures

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm old - I have 2 kids that have already graduated college; my daughter even got her PHD a couple of years ago.

Sorry, my tutoring days are long past.  Between my full time job and the house that we are still remodeling, I don't even have as much time inworld as I'd like.

It's ok.

Here is a nice compliment I have for you and it's a good thing. You are not old in heart, but you are eternally young inside. You seem younger than near retirement age of late 50's to mid 60's. My first impression of you was that you are a young woman in her early to mid-20's; around 5-7 years older than me. To my own surprise, I thought you were younger and just graduated from college. The fact that you have 2 kids made me think they are only a few years old and that it's normal for people at that age, which supports my guess. You also have a personality of a young caring mother who knows how to take good care of children, which obviously shows in the posts and replies you've made about my questions about the real world stuff, graphics, the Second Life game, and other things.

As you can see, my age probably affected my first impression and perspective of you before you actually told me that you are around or at retirement age. I have not graduated college, yet my parents are not retired. I am fresh out of high school and turning 19 next month. I have not even got as far as both of your kids have got in life. It is in my future, yet to be determined.

Edited by EmperorNapoleonBonaparte
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Throwback Thursday?

This is one of the few pictures that survived the forum move.  Post-sculpty, pre-mesh. 

100930_002.png.430a782d82059eb5d873cd0cfa4058dc.png

Damselfly's Verona hair, LAQ's Tasha skin ... I do not remember who made the sweater dress and it is now long gone from inventory I'm sure.

One benefit I might have of not doing a lot of inventory cleaning (or any, lol), other than deleting demos, is I'm pretty sure I can find really old stuff and recreate some of the looks I had. I think it might be kind of fun. I even still have a black hair call "Bun Fun".

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

These were the pictures giving me a hissy fit last night. I had something different planned but it was not working for me. I think these turned out ok though.

5967add383711_HerOneWhoMustBeKept.thumb.jpg.45d177a960cffec466b745d00bdaae13.jpg

5967add4d1d52_HerOneWhoMustBeKept2.thumb.jpg.e5dfbe9155c01ca79dd9663ffcd72b69.jpg

Top pic

Hair ~ KoKoLoReS gift at Hair fair

Skin ~ new from .:Soul:. (this is Espresso, the previous pictures I posted was Coffee)

Eyes ~ new from Vengeful Threads

Manicure ~ new from Inevitable Madness (this is a new-to-me store and I'm tickled pink to be selected as a blogger for them)

Outfit ~ deviousMind (yep it's a gacha, but the pieces are commons!)

Good kitty. Pretty kitty.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Snapshot_027a.thumb.jpg.67580b75ec80cabb0015cf93a88f4577.jpg

I found a fountain while wandering around.

Reveal hidden contents

• Maitreya - Lara body
  • LeLutka - Simone head
  • Izzie - Daphne skin (body and head appliers)
  • Exile - Where Ever I Go hair
  • Valentina E.- Hopeless Romantic Dress (from 50 Linden Friday sale)

There are fountains there? I didn't notice any fountains, or trees... or grass..... or.......   Wait, what were we talking about?

• Like 3

Napoleon: Two of the things that we learn as we grow older are tact and grace. One of the least tactful things one can do is assume a woman's age like you just did, and LittleMe will be very graceful indeed if she ignores your assumption..While I don't doubt that your heart was in the right place in trying to pay her a compliment, it would have been less of a backhanded compliment if you'd not included that part.

This is a thread for sharing pictures of our avatars. I suggest that - as LittleMe asked a few posts ago - we return to that theme.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Napoleon: Two of the things that we learn as we grow older are tact and grace. One of the least tactful things one can do is assume a woman's age like you just did, and LittleMe will be very graceful indeed if she ignores your assumption..While I don't doubt that your heart was in the right place in trying to pay her a compliment, it would have been less of a backhanded compliment if you'd not included that part.

This is a thread for sharing pictures of our avatars. I suggest that - as LittleMe asked a few posts ago - we return to that theme.

Ok, sorry. I didn't know that.

Edited by EmperorNapoleonBonaparte

Updating an old look ;)

35922861485_94745c568c_b.jpg

Full size here.

Credits

Coat: sYs - Hoth Coat
Boots: sYs - Doom Boots (old item, may no longer be available)
Pants applier: Sn@tch - Second Skin Leather Pants
Hair: Exile - Bad At Love*
Eyewear: XRAYED - Shades 1.0 (free on Marketplace)
Piercings: DirtyLand - B.S. Face Piercings
Belt: Lapointe & Bastchild - S'Wear Celtic Belt (plain)
Rings: Absolut Vendetta - Icarus Bento Rings (male - Slink)
Earrings: RealEvil - Savage Ear Piercings
Skin appliers: Swallow - Martin (ivory)
Nail appliers: Odd-Eyed Cat - Clawz Base Slink Nail Polish
Eyes: Avi-Glam - Elysian Eyes (fjord)
Head: Catwa - Daniel
Body: Slink - Physique Male
Hands: Slink - Dynamic Male
Poses: R.icielli

*review copy

WARNING: As it is, this is a very high-complexity look, at 149,940. The (sculpted) boots, while fabulous, have a rendering cost of 72,728.

• Like 6

Rhonda said I could post this so if I get my hand slapped it's her fault.

59694bf902b04_HerLoveisPain4.thumb.jpg.ac37eac3a27c5f91f6d2f703ee5eac30.jpg

Hair ~ Astrology (Hair Fair gift)

Head ~ Catwa

Body, hands and feet ~ Maitreya

Skin, eyes, lashes and tears ~ Enfer Sombre

Rope ~ Pixicat (gacha rare)

Tattoo ~ Ripley Bay Tattoos ~ Body Art 3 Hunt prize

• Like 9

That tattoo is brilliant, Clover :)

My second look for today is kinda neo-future. Finally making use of the unisex free hair that Tableau Vivant had out at SL14B (it's still free in their store) and this amazing mask from sYs. I may be living in this look for a while, since I bloody love it:

35116844643_80b50ca5c0_b.jpg

Full size here.

Credits

Mask: sYs - Jezebel Mask (black metal)
Top: Gabriel - Gladiator Long Shirt (black - gacha item)
Boots: NeurolaB Inc. - Runner Hi-Boots Combat Unisex
Pants applier: Sn@tch - Second Skin Leather Pants
Hair: Tableau Vivant - SL14 Gift*
Armour: The Forge - Daerwen Armour Male (black)
Tattoos: sYs - Syborg Tattoos (system layers, Slink, and Maitreya)
Rings: Absolut Vendetta - Icarus Bento Rings (Slink)
Skin applier: Swallow - Martin (ivory)
Nail appliers: Odd-Eyed Cat - Clawz Base Slink Nail Polish
Head: Catwa - Daniel
Body: Slink - Physique Male
Hands: Slink - Dynamic Male
Poses: Le Poppycock

*SL14B gift and still available (free) at the Tableau Vivant store.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Rhonda said I could post this so if I get my hand slapped it's her fault.

I am pretty sure it isn't your hand anyone is going to want to slap

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.