Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yay! It's Friday!

We at the Bowman household are closely watching hurricane Irma as she plods north by northwest . She is expected to take a turn to the north later tonight or tomorrow.  The expected track as shifted once again.  More to the west.  This is not a good thing for us here in the Tampa bay area.  I will keep a close watch on the storm, and if it looks like it will come up the center of Florida,  me and mine will evacuate to my son's house. If it shifts a bit more to the east,  we will stay put.  But anyway it is friday! Happy Friday everyone!

Peace!

spaghetti3.png

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hippie Bowman said:

The expected track as shifted once again.  More to the west.  

I pulled these two pictures from the NHC - from early yesterday morning and early this morning.  Definitely showing a slight shift west, though only time will tell if that track holds.

Temp2.thumb.jpg.2ef6dfa7462cd2077d979be04fd437fd.jpg

• Sad 2

Hi everyone! I have cleaned the yard of all projectiles, everything is packed including extra coffee and provisions and we are firmly ensconced in comfort at my sons home.  The recent track don't look good as the storm track takes it more to the west. That will put dirty side of the storm , the northeast quadrant, facings the Tampa Bay Area, as well most of the west coast of Florida. Check out the pictures.

However, we are safe and comfortable and hunkered down. I will continue to keep you informed!

Peace!

50DFE954-CEB6-4125-8D89-949BC012406E-386-000000981D10FE6D.jpeg

7B0ECD5F-BC7F-42BE-8DAC-EAA77DF14276-386-000000985EFA55E2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

LittleMe,  glad you daughter made the flight out.  Hippie, glad you are safe at your son's.  Knowing people here on the forums that are in that area has made me feel more personal about this storm, having the people behind your avatars to worry about. (I think Talligurl is in Florida also?)  I've been watching the news about Irma and it's progress much closer than I normally would. 

Sending thoughts and prayers to all who were impacted by Harvey, and have been, or may be, impacted by Irma.  Stay as safe as you can, everyone!

Edited by moirakathleen
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

LittleMe,  glad you daughter made the flight out.  Hippie, glad you are safe at your son's.  Knowing people here on the forums that are in that area has made me feel more personal about this storm, having the people behind your avatars to worry about. (I think Talligurl is in Florida also?)  I've been watching the news about Irma and it's progress much closer than I normally would. 

Sending thoughts and prayers to all who were impacted by Harvey, and have been, or may be, impacted by Irma.  Stay as safe as you can, everyone!

Thanks Moirakathleen! The SL Forums has held a special place in my heart for years! It warms this old hippies heart to see the concern the forum dwellers have for each other!

Peace!

• Like 6

Good day to you all! We are hunkered down and awaiting Irma to arrive. The worst of the storm for me and mine will take place around 3 am Monday morning when hurricane cat 3 winds will arrive. I will keep

you updated as long as I have cell service. I am sure we will lose power at some point in time. We are safe and not in a state of panic. Let it unfold!

Peace!

1410730444690_wps_9_We_all_have_a_rough_day_n.jpg

d52f7683e0b7190e621b4e5574a0b3d2--so-funny-funny-pets.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Hi Clover.  We are back home. Power just came back on. No damage to the house. We are lucky! Happy Monday everyone!

Peace!

*pounces* YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope others were as lucky as you. A few of my favorite SL creators are in the storms path too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.