Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is what makes Colorado more bearable in the winter - the highs that we get before the cold fronts hit.  Current temp (fahrenheit) at 6:50 am Mountain time

Weather.JPG.2b0dc6eafdcc456bb624c28843bf3f18.JPG

This is that makes Port Washington (currently 5°F) more bearable in the winter, the knowledge that St. Paul is colder...

5a464cff55da0_StPaulTemp.jpeg.252cb895e57a39c90d683a9878c5414c.jpeg

Unfortunately, I'm in St. Paul at the moment, moving my boarder back home (temporarily!). We'll be loading the truck tomorrow morning at a balmy -13°F (Feels Like temp = -34°F).

This the price I pay for knowing people with trucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am not a clothes whore in RL.  In fact, I flat detest RL clothes shopping.  I have probably not shopped for new tops in almost a year and thus I'm in need of some new ones. I've been perusing a few online stores that I typically shop from.  I now understand why I've hated some of the latest top styles in SL.  A lot of SL fashion is based off of current RL trends and the current trend in ladies tops suck.  So many of them make me feel like I've been transported back to the 60s and 70s - which I personally don't think were very good times for clothing styles.

Given the choices I'm seeing, I may have to stay home a lot since topless isn't really an option when one leaves home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

You don't care for tunics, frills and lace with loud prints?

CE538.jpeg

This one might actually work - where is that from?  I've got plenty of short sleeve tops, so I need some half & full sleeve ones, but since the office is often so warm I prefer things like this with sheer sleeves (or very lightweight fabrics).  I seem to be having difficulty finding very much like that. Too many of them look like the hippy styles of the 60s / 70s (no offense to our own Hippy intended).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Simply Be is a plus size store so they may not have specific things under a size 8.

Hahahhahahaha - I haven't managed to wear a size 8 since a few years after my wedding 20 some odd years ago.

I find it quite comical, and somewhat depressing, that a size 8 is considered 'plus size'.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Coldwater Creek has started offering nice things again, and I like some of the stuff at Serengeti.

I haven't checked Coldwater Creek in a long time and I don't think I've ever shopped Serengeti.

/me pops off to meander through their web sites.

• Like 1

Been ages since I shopped Coldwater Creek, Rolig. I'll give your suggestions a look... around April.

I hate shopping too, RL or SL. I haven't updated my wardrobe in forever. I'll be stylish again soon enough, though someone will have to tell me when. As a teen, I selected Laura Ashley sundresses for their carrying capacity. I was tired of barking up my shins when dumping the wheelbarrow. It's so much easier to just let go of the hem.

I also love wearing jean shorts under a sundress, so I can grab the hem, lift it up over my head and proclaim (for the 45th consecutive year)...

"Look, I'm wearing big girl pants!"

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/25/2017 at 10:20 AM, Parhelion Palou said:

I noticed it was a "white" Christmas, even in crowds on the streets. Unfortunately those weren't golden days for many people.

Now that I've been a downer ... Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! May everyone have peace and happiness.

Since you focused on skin color, I thought I'd drop this in. Sheriff Bart would approve!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asher Isodo said:

Yeah we have a 30% chance of snow or freezing rain here in Mississippi this afternoon.

It's supposed to get up to -5 by mid-day here in the north central part of the country -- too cold to snow. So far this winter we've had something like a half inch of snow total -- not even worth shoveling off the driveway. That's a lot better than freezing rain, but I WANT MY SNOW, DAMMIT. It's a heck of a stupid winter.

Happy New Year!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's supposed to get up to -5 by mid-day here in the north central part of the country -- too cold to snow. So far this winter we've had something like a half inch of snow total -- not even worth shoveling off the driveway. That's a lot better than freezing rain, but I WANT MY SNOW, DAMMIT. It's a heck of a stupid winter.

Happy New Year!

It hovered around -11 most of yesterday in St. Paul, and there was just enough snow on the ground to make a very satisfying crunch under my boots (and a very impressive crunch under my boarder's boots, which support 2.5 times my weight and half my patience) as we packed the moving truck.

We've had about three inches of snow total at home and I would like to see more of that and less cold. My spruce transplants and gas bill are both taking a beating. On the flip side, this might produce some interesting beach ice pileups during a nor'easter.

Happy New Year, Kids!!!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.