Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

10 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Good morning! Happy Tuesday!

Peace!

1ff651d26130f4dbd99f5182baa52008.jpg

l1953645576.jpg

At least they LOOK guilty, I would say the punishment of eating a whole box of tums (yuck), and an entire tube of Neosporin (ick), should be enough, plus they are too way cute to be really mad at them!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Rosie the Riveter" poster, a California waitress named Naomi Parker Fraley, has died at 96. R.I.P. Rosie.

Peace!

22-rosie-the-riveter-We-Can-Do-It.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

She will be missed by many, Maddy included. Ages ago someone decided to create a WWII swing dancing group. It didn't last, but I went to the first event and was Lindy-hopping with Maddy as Rosie. She had the red scarf but as I recall she did get all cleaned up and wore a dress.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

She will be missed by many, Maddy included. Ages ago someone decided to create a WWII swing dancing group. It didn't last, but I went to the first event and was Lindy-hopping with Maddy as Rosie. She had the red scarf but as I recall she did get all cleaned up and wore a dress.

I did a whole thread about Rosie years ago. I can't find it, so the real Rosie outlasted it. Hippie's Mom was a Rosie.

I own a group named "We Can Do It!"

Rosie and me...

5a6807cb61b56_RosieMe.thumb.jpg.1b9aff23a159b61261aedab8f5b9ecb9.jpg

Me, cleaned up, trying to channel Rosie's strength to steal the locomotive...

5a68077524ba0_RosieinaDress_001.thumb.jpg.c82871f3b5401b6f72399e8edc8c3dca.jpg

I'll miss Rosie for sure, and I'll keep channeling her.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I did a whole thread about Rosie years ago. I can't find it, so the real Rosie outlasted it. Hippie's Mom was a Rosie.

I own a group named "We Can Do It!"

Rosie and me...

5a6807cb61b56_RosieMe.thumb.jpg.1b9aff23a159b61261aedab8f5b9ecb9.jpg

Me, cleaned up, trying to channel Rosie's strength to steal the locomotive...

5a68077524ba0_RosieinaDress_001.thumb.jpg.c82871f3b5401b6f72399e8edc8c3dca.jpg

I'll miss Rosie for sure, and I'll keep channeling her.

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yes indeed.  My mom was a Rosie too.  And she could do it! I have great admiration for all the Rosies of that time. They just went to bat when their country needed them the most. 

Peace!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is there a Schedule of Events somewhere?  I have to work off & on tomorrow, but I'd like to pop over to the event for a bit sometime.

Yes, schedule and SLURL please. Hope I can fit some in mt EU timezone and work Saturday!

Good morning all!  Happy Sunday!  I want to thank all that came to Hippiestock 8.  It was great and everyone had a great time!  Looking Forward to Hippiestock 9!

BTW!  The Breakfast Club pulls up to Angel Creek horse riding trails today at 8 AM. Breakfast is hosted by Kasi and all are welcome! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Radical%20Mountain/170/252/26

Peace!

HIppiestock 8.png

• Like 1