is there an A-lister community in SL?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are lots of people in SL who think they matter to the "SL community" more than they do.

And there are many people who think some other person is more famous or infamous than they are.

But both of these cases rarely have any grain of truth to them.

If you want to be 'famous' in SL, limit your circles down to just a few communities / sims - and then you can feel famous. Or dread having become notorious in that circle. :)

as I remember someone started a group called the A-List (or something similar sounding)

as I also remember it costs 5000L to join

what you get for it I dunno. Probably nothing much else other than the fuzzy warm feeling you get when you cant decide between the beach house in Malibu and the ski lodge in Aspen. So you get both just bc you can. lol (:

irihapeti wrote:

as I remember someone started a group called the A-List (or something similar sounding)

what you get for it I dunno. Probably nothing much else other than the fuzzy warm feeling you get when you cant decide between the beach house in Malibu and the ski lodge in Aspen. So you get both just bc you can. lol (:

Out of curiousity, I looked up groups with A List, A-List etc.  Didn't see one that cost that much to join, but from what I saw about the only "benefit" was getting a tag that say you were an A-List celebrity, star, model etc.  Not surpisingly I didn't see anyone in any of the groups whose name I recognized. :smileyvery-happy: Why someone would pay for that when they can make their own tag, or why anyone would even want such a tag is beyond me. 

The nearest you might come to "A List" and well known are some designers in SL...Even those, though, there are probably a lot of people that would go who's that if I mentioned Belleza, WoW, Lapointe and Bastchild, Razor, Truth, Catwa, etc. Those are well known to those that hand out but I know there are others that have never heard of them....shrugs...Just like in RL...you become well known within your circle of influence. Even in RL there are people that have no idea who Chanel, Versace, Prada, Giorgio, etc are.

yes agree Bobbie. [eta] agree that when know the names then know the list

+

a A List for me is Rolig, Dora, Innula, Qie, Nova, Estelle, Qwalyphi, arton, Ohijiro, Sassy

when know these names then know what A List they are on

is others who used to be on this list but they have moved onto the Immortals List (: Which got people like Strife and Void and others on it

well Rolig most likely a Immortal as well but I think she prefers to be a angel in disguise (: 

Conifer Dada wrote:

One way to become a SLebrity is to create something special enough to be featured in an episode of the Drax Files videos.

The most successful and original creators are the best known people in SL, and that's how it should be - it seems fair.

I'd still bet it's a micro-miniscule percent of the population who know who these people are.

irihapeti wrote:

I could tell you, but i would have to kill you.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Careful Drake.

You could wind up being the "guest of honor" at a Maori feast.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Careful Drake.

You could wind up being the "guest of honor" at a Maori feast. 
;)

have been to lots of dinners where they served cockerels drakes and ganders. They are quite tasty. Specially when they already been deboned and filleted and then lightly charbroiled. Nom nom nom ... nom!

q: (:

+

theres like all this lists. A list, B list etc

like if you on the D list is bc everything starts with durr. F list bc everything starts with F. Like ff... (: Then there is the I list. I am on the I list bc everything starts with I. like my name

jejejje (:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

well Rolig most likely a Immortal as well but I think she prefers to be a angel in disguise (: 

I think you mean she prefers to use an angel
as
disguise.

yes. Thats a much better way to say it (:

+

eta:

list probably the wrong word as well. Team is a better word to describe I think. Is same on other sub-forums as well. Like in the Mesh forum. Is some really good helpful people on that A Team

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.