Hiring Residents - How Much?

GeremioRatti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey...I wish you luck no matter If you are new or old here in SL..and just a tip:

I saw at your profile that you created a group called Dancing Dude or something like this...hurry to get at least a second member, otherwise the group will disappear within the next 48 hours :0)

And just saying cause of all the discussions ...for me SL is my  "second life".

When I started SL I also thought it is a game, but actually it is not.

It is a second (virtual) reality...for me^^

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GeremioRatti wrote:

Then I would like you to explain to me YOUR perspective because I don't see it....  I respect people until I am dis-respected then it's only fair for me defend myself, I didn't pick on anyone's views here.  Just beause I'm the new guy doesn't mean I will let anyone pick on me, especially when I am asking for help for be steered in the right direction.  Where I come from, THE WEB WAR GAMES I PLAY we call this, ready for this?  THREAD-JACKING!!!  In war games, this is punished this via all on assault on the offender..  but I am peaceful in this game unless I go to a war zone or pushed beyond reasonable limit.

I don't mean to be an a$$ to anyone but seriously, why do people just start crap when there was NO CRAP to begin with??  Was I asking for trouble?  I would have appreciated a warning message from someone saying, hey man, that's a heated topic.  Now that I know not everyone's not just going to assault me, I can sleep with both eyes closed.  Doesn't mean I'm selling my guns, I am an gun rights advocate
:)

In business, no matter what, you'll never make everyone happy and trying to is totally insane, doing your best, it's all you can do.  Too many companies adapt to freeloadin' whiners and lose their hardcore player base, who are the big spenders!!  I give good customer service but I don't let customers walk all over me either.  I'd rather let go of troublesome customers, refund their money, thank them for trying the product and guess what, I still get repeat buyers IRL by diverting a dicey situation and losing one sale.

With this thread, I am gathering a wealth of information, or what we call "Intel" in war games which can be further decoded and decyphered.  I already know who my audience will be and how I can adapt according to what I gather in here.  You'd be shocked what I can take out of even the simplest sentences
;)

Anyways, out of here for today!

Peace out!

The subject has been one of endless discussion and debate.   There have been many threads about it.  It's a question that gets asked often, "What makes SL different from other MMO's?"

I'm not really into writing at length about it right now.  What I did do is state the basis for my thinking.  Speaking in general, Virtual Worlds allow us the ability to create, "Our Imagination," in ways that fixed or rigid games such as WOW do not allow.  We are not bound by the environment, rather it is a blank sheet of paper on which we can paint with out limits.

Again, you asked for opinions.  Just because you got one that you did not like does not constitute thread jacking.  But that is just my two cents. 

It could be that your target customers are not those who do not consider SL a game.  But I don't see where any one has said you are not wanted here.

As someone once said.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Worst case scenario is a lesson

Best case scenario is it could go exactly as planned..

Just go for it..the system will let you know it's limits of what can and cannot be done in things you may want to do..

A lot of things can creativly be worked around and a lot can't..

The fun is in the trying..

I wish you  good fortune no matter the outcome..

i would wish you luck,but i'm not much a believer in that..

Sonja Smedley wrote:

.....and just a tip:

I saw at your profile that you created a group called Dancing Dude or something like this...hurry to get at least a second member, otherwise the group will disappear within the next 48 hours :0)

I double checked his profile  when you said this Sonja

He needs x3 people in the group (I just made group recently).

CheriColette wrote:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

.....and just a tip:

3? That must be new then, because I own a group with one of my alts and two avatars were enough to keep it open.

Syo Emerald wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

.....and just a tip:

3? That must be new then, because I own a group with one of my alts and two avatars were enough to keep it open.

it's only two..

one can create it but you need two before the 48 hour period ends to keep it..

here is from the KB

Creating a group

create group1.jpg

Prerequisites

Anyone can create a group in Second Life, but remember:

• It costs L$100 to create a group.
  • Any group that has less than two members for 48 hours is automatically disbanded.

When you create a group, you automatically become the group's owner.  That is, you will be assigned the Owners role.

CheriColette wrote:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

.....and just a tip:

Since when have 3 been needed? 

• "Any group that has less than two members for 48 hours is automatically disbanded."   Link

Perrie Juran wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

.....and just a tip:

Since when have 3 been needed? 

• "Any group that has less than two members for 48 hours is automatically disbanded."  

I donno..its just what it was. L$100 and 3 people. 

CheriColette wrote:

OK..so I got that wrong...just went to link you posted>>>>less than two members then
:)

so I was scratching around for my 3rd member and I didnt have to.

you can start one yourself..you just have to have another avatar in there before the time limit is up is all..

you can use your own alts if you want the group just for yourself..

I support your enthusiasm, and don't get discouraged by the negative comments of many here, what happens is that these forums are full of adult old people of more than 30 years and 40 years of age, and they are offended when someone tells them that second life is a game, in my personal opinion, second life is a game, but in a virtual world, here there are many people, grandfathers and grandmothers stuck in second life and for them is difficult to recognize that this is a game, along with your plans, these forums are full of a bunch of olders ancients of 40, 50 and 60 years old :matte-motes-angry:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

I support your enthusiasm, and don't get discouraged by the negative comments of many here, what happens is that these forums are full of adult old people of more than 30 years and 40 years of age, and they are offended when someone tells them that second life is a game, in my personal opinion, second life is a game, but in a virtual world, here there are many people, grandfathers and grandmothers stuck in second life and for them is difficult to recognize that this is a game, along with your plans, these forums are full of a bunch of olders ancients of 40, 50 and 60 :matte-motes-angry:

Oh my god, what a shock must it be to you to realise I am nowhere near 30? GASP!

Also, failing to see any negative post. What is up with the drama queens in this thread?

Second Life is a Virtual World game, and you can enjoy , play and fun all do you want, go head with yours plans Second Life is a Virtual World game, and you can enjoy , play and fun all do you want, go head with yours plans Geremio and welcome to Second Life, the best Virtual world ever :matte-motes-angry:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

I support your enthusiasm, and don't get discouraged by the negative comments of many here, what happens is that these forums are full of adult old people of more than 30 years and 40 years of age, and they are offended when someone tells them that second life is a game, in my personal opinion, second life is a game, but in a virtual world, here there are many people, grandfathers and grandmothers stuck in second life and for them is difficult to recognize that this is a game, along with your plans, these forums are full of a bunch of olders ancients of 40, 50 and 60 years old :matte-motes-angry:

What has age to do with the fact that SL is not build like a premade MMO and therefore the standarts of roughly 90% of all games do not apply well on Second Life? The OP has been here for less than a week and seems to be pretty deep into a view typical game environments have given him. He is going to invest a huge amount of money. I would call it fair to try to adjust his expections to SLs reality.

Typical MMOs have simple economic systems. You can get "rich" within these games, when you invest enough time, patient and skill into them. SL works much more like the real world economy and as far as I know, becoming rich in RL is also nothing you just deciede to become. Its not as easy as playing a normal game.

I don't know why you discriminate people above 40. The OP states he has played 25 years video games and is a professional for several years now....if that is right, he isn't going to be in his 20s. Just saying....

Before you judge me, no I'm nobodies grandmother/mother -_-

And I would be the last one forbidding him to chase his idea...he can try it and see what happens. Would you have told him, that clubs / similar hangouts are a goldmine?

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

Wait, wait.

I had a suspicion that there might be people here that were over 30. But are you saying there might be some that are over 40, too?

Oh my God! What will we do? What WILL we do?

ETA: I hadn't read carefully enough. 50? 60? Oh please say it isn't so!

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

How do you know everyone's ages?  How do you know the OP's?

Lets do some math.  You've been in SL 10yrs and 7months, almost 11 years.  That means unless you joined when you were younger than 20 you are over 30 yourself and if you were younger, you can't be younger than 28 almost 29.  Not to far from the age of 30 you are complaining about.

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

I support others having whatever opinion they want, not that it matters any. But I do strongly feel one can invalidate their own opinions in the eyes of others when they choose to express them by insulting people, intentionally. There's not much need for that when there are so many words and ways one can express their opinions without acting that way.

I'm neither ancient, nor old, I'm not sure why you'd make that kind of assumption, except that it's clear that negativity comes extremely easy to some(although truth be told, I don't understand why it comes so easily to some). How others view or enjoy sl, is their business. For me, it's not a game, and my own opinions as well as how I choose to enjoy sl, has no bearing on others, their experience(s) or opinions. If someone wants to view sl as a game, so be it, no skin off my nose. I still believe others should not insist everyone believe and enjoy things, as they do. There is nothing at all wrong with either approach. Whether you believe and enjoy sl as a game, or not, you aren't wrong. No one is. Anyone who thinks they should be able to dictate what something is to someone else, is, in my opinion, not really thinking clearly. Even if you think everyone else is wrong, that won't make you right, to anyone but yourself. Which, of course, is fine. But, for me, you will make it difficult to not only empathize, but also understand you and anything you have to say in the future. That is simply a mindset I neither want, nor am cabable of wrapping my mind around. If that makes me unintelligent, well I suppose that's a badge I'll need to wear. Just don't be surprised when I take nothing you say seriously when your entire approach to everything is not only judgmental, seemingly delusional(to me) and an assumption that your way is the only right way come hell or high water.

The whole debate of sl being a game, or not, is as old as sl itself is. No one can, or will ever win that argument. It's not even a valid debate, despite the fact that I've seen numerous actually interesting discussions. The fact remains it will never be an actual debate because there is no way for one "side" to be right and one to be "wrong". It's an individual choice, period.

wao all opinions here are from female only, just one male? me uy!! mens are slaves to all these women with range, advisors, helpers contributors etc in this forums?  I feel lost, I am a man stuck on the island of Amazon women. all this beautiful womens are lashing to me with the whip tazz...:matte-motes-sour:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

wao all opinions here are from female only, just one male? me uy!! mens are slaves to all these women with range, advisors, helpers contributors etc in this forums?  I feel lost, I am a man stuck on the island of Amazon women. all this beautiful womens are lashing to me with the whip tazz...:matte-motes-sour:

Wow, are you and the OP the same person? This post, in addition to the OP basically calling me a whore because I am a female when I told him SL is not a game (Post obviously got deleted because wtf) really makes me think.

iCade wrote:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

Wow, are you and the OP the same person? This post, in addition to the OP basically calling me a whore because I am a female when I told him SL is not a game (Post obviously got deleted because wtf) really makes me think.

no i am not, my english is horrible and the english from OP is better, :matte-motes-angry:

iCade wrote:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

That explains why I couldn't reply to this thread last night before I went out.  Sometimes I wish those comments didn't get deleted just so people could see how someone really thinks.

The OP calling you a whore was uncalled for. 

I'll be surprised if the OP returns to this thread.

GeremioRatti wrote:

Also, the club will be a small part of that will be the "Pièce de Résistance" of that island and it will be private to enter,
premium members only.

I'd advise not to limit the island to premium members only.  You'll be greatly reducing your clientele base.

*Over the years, I've been a premium member a couple of times, but am not now, and see no reason to be.  Being a premium member in SL adds no value for me.  You'll find many people who think the same. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.