How to stop being tracked by someone?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This depends on what you mean by that.

If they're following you around inside of SL, always knowing where you are or hearing your conversations:

- Log in using the official viewer, and unwear everything. When you put stuff back on, don't put on anything you got from that person, or anything that is a collar or RLV related.

If they're listed on my.secondlife.com as a person following you, then they're just seeing your posts there, a but like a Facebook friend - and you can simply uncheck them.

If neither of these two makes sense, we'd need more information on what is happening now that they are following you. Such as where they show up, what they do, what the popup looked like, etc...

It sounds from that as if you must have allowed them to friend you, first. 

Go to https://my.secondlife.com/ and left-click on "People" in the left-hand column.   If you find the person's name on the Friends list in the window this brings up (on the first tab), click on the gear box icon to the right of the name, and then either remove them as a friend or, if you want to keep them on your friends' list, click "permissions," uncheck "See me on the map" and click save.   Then they can't track you inworld any more.

Anyone in your Friend list is by default 'following' you on my.secondlife.com aka The Feed and will see anything you post there. Has nothing to do with what you say inworld, private or public (unless you've taken steps to make that so).

If you don't want them to follow you on my.secondlife.com, go to your Feed home page and select 'People'. That will open your Friend list, but there are three buttons at the top of the screen, one of which is 'Followers'. Click on 'Followers' and you'll see all the people who follow you who are NOT on your Friend list. Beside each name is a 'Remove' button. Clicking that will stop them following you on my.secondlife.com.

ETA: That was not the way things worked originally. Took a Jira to get that 'Remove' button added. Thank you, Char.

• 4 years later...
24 minutes ago, onil1990 said:

please i need your help someone sues me in SL he always knows where i am and finally for not harassing me he or she asked me for $ 2,500 l to leave me alone and i refuse to pay j reported to sl with snapshots

That's all you can do.  Block him, don't respond and he will get bored eventually

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, LveMeNotMadNadz said:
firestorm_release_4.1.1.28744_change_log
2 Hits, Last modified: 7 years ago
ar is close</wrap>\\ If this option is unchecked, tracked avatars will stay tracked even if they are closer than 3m\\ Preferences -> Firestorm -> General -> Deactiv

Taking that out of the changelog context is distorting what it actually says. And you necroed a 6 year old thread just to try to stir the pot? Obvious stirrer is obvious.

• Like 5

This is the local avatar tracking system in Firestorm that lets you attach the tracking beacon to an avatar in your People floater. As with using the tracking beacon for map locations, it's turned off when you get close enough to the target. This can be controlled using the "Deactivate tracking beacon when reaching the targeted avatar (<= 3m)" in Preferences/Firestorm/Extras.

Maybe there's an issue here, but then again it's not really doing anything you can't do just by highlighting an avatar in your People floater and seeing where it is on the minimap.

Edited by KT Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.