Your SL life's theme song?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HELLO, YES I DO WANT TO BE AN AVATAR. FOR SO MANY REASONS. AND BECAUSE IN REAL LIFE I HAVE TO WORK TWO JOBS.AND DO EVERTHING FOR MY FAMILY I LOVE. BUT I DO GET SO TIRED.  JAJAJA IT IS SO FUNNY. GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYBODY. FROM COLORADO. 

Ok, so the video isn't the most fantastic, lol.

The real reason doesn't apply to sl as much as it does the game I used to spend most of my spare time in, but it kinda shifted when we did. Most of my friends migrated from an online game. TSO anybody?

This was a song I played shortly after I met hubby after randomly wandering into a room he happened to live in. I dj'd there nearly nightly until EA closed up shop on us. Then we came here permanently, we were both already here just not much. This song became a running joke in that room, and eventually in sl for the group of us that permanently migrated. Not really a joke in the funny sense. I guess you had to be there. This song has many a memory attached for me, and hubby. We've even gone through and watched every single episode of the show, more than a few times. Yeah, we're weird.

edited to fix my spelling, again

I haven't seen many episodes of "Cheers", Tari. But, I certainly understand the theme song, and friends have called me Ms. Claven. I live outside a smallish town, and have been here almost my entire life. It's nice to walk into a place and hear "Maddy!", even if it's in anger ;-)

It's pretty neat that a group of you migrated from TSO to SL. I've left behind many circles of friends as I've switched venues over the years.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I haven't seen many episodes of "Cheers", Tari. But, I certainly understand the theme song, and friends have called me Ms. Claven. I live outside a smallish town, and have been here almost my entire life. It's nice to walk into a place and hear "Maddy!", even if it's in anger ;-)

It's pretty neat that a group of you migrated from TSO to SL. I've left behind many circles of friends as I've switched venues over the years.

It was pretty cool to migrate over with a lot of friendly faces. We became pretty close in TSO and it just got better here. Most of us have since parted ways somewhat, but not entirely. Fond memories. I think everyone likes having at least some place outside of home, that's familiar and friendly.

I was going to post this video instead, so I'll share it as well. The song is just as fitting for me in sl as it is in rl. Problems or not, sl is a pretty beautiful world and I like it a lot ;) The pictures are part of a two year environmental study my kids are taking part in.

Tari Landar wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

It was pretty cool to migrate over with a lot of friendly faces. We became pretty close in TSO and it just got better here. Most of us have since parted ways somewhat, but not entirely. Fond memories. I think everyone likes having at least some place outside of home, that's familiar and friendly.

I was going to post this video instead, so I'll share it as well. The song is just as fitting for me in sl as it is in rl. Problems or not, sl is a pretty beautiful world and I like it a lot
;)
The pictures are part of a two year environmental study my kids are taking part in.

There are some interesting ideas in that video, Tari.

Why do we find nature beautiful? Dennis Dutton gave a compelling TED talk about the theory of beauty. In it he theorizes that we find beauty in certainly natural landscapes because of the safety and opportunity they've provided throughout our evolution. Across the world, even in climates where such scenes do not exist, people will pick from a group of landscape images those which have lush vegetation (food), streams (water), climbable trees (to escape predators), worn paths (social opportunity) etc. One could imagine an evolutionary benefit in being able to quickly "feel" an environment's risk/reward ratio. We call that feeling... beauty.

Angels playing with polar bears?

Angels playing with babies?

I'm either making the argument that Huskies are angels, or that play is important...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.