DOOMSDAY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Storm, this is your first day wearing a red pin in these fora and all you can think of is your last day in SL? :smileysurprised:

/me wonders
if there is
a relationship of
cause and effect between
this
thread
and
your promotion
:D

Congratulations, btw!

Thank you Valerie.  I requested a green pin of couse, but my request fell on deaf ears.  

They always say SL isn't a game.  But if it was about to end I'd turn my last few hours into a game.  I'd change into a giant green pig avatar and become a griefer to see if I could get myself banned before SL closes down, and thus probably become the last person ever to be banned from SL.  I must point out that this is totally out of character from what I'm normally like in SL - I would never normally dream of griefing anyone.  

Team Elite SL freak out, rez the sirens that I have in their inventory then sound the sirens warning of doomsday in SL. Team Elite SL would contact Phillip Linden, Maestro Linden, Oskar Linden and the CEO of Linden Lab Rodvik Linden on the ETA on when SL would close, and outside of SL, if Linden Lab gets listed on the NASDAQ or NYSE, Team Elite would watch the stock price and watch CNBC.

Irene Muni wrote:

Sending notecards to my friends
and acquaintances explaining
how we can
stay in touch.

^^This.... We'd probably try to find some new virtual world where we could stay in touch, but that could wait until after the end of SL.The last few minutes, at least, I'd want to spend with friends waiting for the Langoliers to come and tear everything down.

First, I would post in the forums that, after all these years, the virtual sky is finally falling.  

Second, I would start passing out hardhats to everyone in-world.

Finally, I would be happy I was only losing what time I had left on my premium membership and then I would meet up with everyone else at one of the less expensive grids that will surely still be operating.

Storm Clarence wrote:

It's the last day of your second life.

How will you spend the day?  

That is easy the same way I spend everyday in SL. Playing on the Feed, visiting with friends, dancing, listening to an awesome DJ, picking a glass of wine to enjoy, and checking in on the Forum every once in a while to see if it is the end yet. :P

Oh and I would request this song!!!

ETA: Also I would do everything he sings about in this song!

If I knew it was the last day I was to be in SL -

I guess send notecards to everyone I actually talk to explaining how to stay in touch or whatever i needed to say. I would give them whatever i could transfer.

At that point, it would not matter what I did otherwise cause I would not be able to enjoy it. No point in building anything or starting anything new.SL is kind of a progression of things and to me - most things I do are longer term things, even if most ideas end up on the back burner or garbage.

I tend to come and go from SL but i would not want to HAVE to leave.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.